MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC
TheZombiecamDate: Thursday, 2014-08-14, 7:44 AM | Message # 166
Colonel
Group: Users
Thanks guys, also you're new avatars look good Duhad and G

Message edited by TheZombiecam - Thursday, 2014-08-14, 7:44 AM

timeknight24Date: Thursday, 2014-08-14, 7:48 AM | Message # 167
Major general
If the phrase "Stupid sexy Rarity..." or "Stupid sexy Colgate..." is not used in this RP I will be very disappoint.

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2014-08-14, 8:08 AM | Message # 168
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Timeknight, I am sure you will not be disappoint. : P

And thanks Zombiecam! This one is from my friends cover art he did for my story Pony Dead. I almost used to one from Colgate vs Army of Darkness, but even though I like that Colgate face better, (its basically Colgate a a ridicules action hero) its to big to scale right for the avatar.

TheZombiecamDate: Thursday, 2014-08-14, 11:11 AM | Message # 169
Colonel
God everyone changes their picture! Cool pic to you too timeknight (Too/to who cares?)

Is the Colgate vs. army of darkness the one from your background? Because you can put it in paint and then just scale it down to the right size

Also link to your story? Google only brings up Pony Death Note

GMoney24Date: Thursday, 2014-08-14, 7:12 PM | Message # 170
Lieutenant general
Thanks Zombie only Avatar I found that would fit.
And Timeknight you will not be disappointed Duhad and I will guarante
e that. Also a PSA for those who drive when the person in front of you stops that doesn't mean you should speed up. smh.

help

Message edited by GMoney24 - Thursday, 2014-08-14, 8:24 PM

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2014-08-14, 11:03 PM | Message # 171
Generalissimo
Ya, I use all the art my friends send me as a rotating background. I have both To The End title cards, Pony Dead, Colgate vs Army of Darkness and just a super adorable Colgate all slowly popping up as I work, not to mention making cameos in streams and at the ends of Lets Reads. : P

As for re-sizing, I can do that, but it tends to lead to pixelation. There is a bit of that on the avatar I am using, but its MUCH worse when I half the size of the image. (All my artist friends draw big because its easier to detail on a large image and then just re size too the largest accepted size afterword.

As to the stories:

Pony Dead, which is done:
 http://www.fimfiction.net/story/163752/the-pony-dead
and
Colgate vs. The Army of Darkness, which is almost done. Just have another 2 or 3 chapters to go after my editor finishes the one I just sent her:
 http://www.fimfiction.net/story/194720/colgate-vs-the-army-of-darkness

The version of Colgate here is closer to the one from Pony Dead, but with shades of her more comical character in Army of Darkness.

Oh and if I can get one favor from anyone who reads them, tell me what you think of Colgate in both stories, but especially Pony Dead. My pre readers were split down the middle on the question of, "Is Colgate a good person who dose stupid things or is she a bad person who acts without thinking of others?"

Also G, did someone rear end you on the road? Are you alright dude?

Message edited by Duhad - Thursday, 2014-08-14, 11:09 PM

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2014-08-14, 11:58 PM | Message # 172
Colonel general
Group: Checked
can some one tell me when my characters and I went invisible?

GMoney24Date: Friday, 2014-08-15, 0:34 AM | Message # 173
Lieutenant general
Yes indeed some person who can't tell that red brake lights means the car in front of you is stopped. But I'm alright. smile

DuhadDate: Friday, 2014-08-15, 0:35 AM | Message # 174
Generalissimo
You need to interact with other players more. RD and D spent the last dozen posts talking to one another for the most part, then D talked to a guy was was high off his ass, so who had no in character motivation to have a serious scene with D and RD made a big announcement to a room full of character's who's players are AFK. Most of the humans are on the dock right now, Octavia is down in that area too, Fluttershy I think is still asleep while Johnny is away, Apple Jack shout be awake, but Travis is focused more on his human character ATM, Smaloki has not posted since you made the announcement and has yet to start playing Twilight as a character while he gets comfortable play Salim, Derpy was not in the room and Colgate and Rarity, while they were there for the announcement didn't participate since G obviously had something else he wanted to do and he dictated Colgate following Rarity, which I don't have a problem with, so there both out.

Its not that you are invisible, its that you need to keep in mind that your fellow players are all self willed characters played by people who are trying to have a good time by doing things they find fun. Have Zack walk over to the dock and talk to people there or have Rainbow Dash fly down towered the group of ponies who are currently being played by players who are actively posting and have her be annoyed that Rarity, Octavia, Derpy and Colgate ignored her big announcement. Trust me, that WILL lead to RP conversations that you can be part of and even guild.

v Try one or both of these Zack v

Try something like this, have Dash go and talk to the some of the currently active ponies and have her get annoyed that Rarity just walked out on her making a hugely personal announcement to go have a walk. If you want to make it interesting, have Dash accuse Rarity of having an arterial motive in bringing Colgate and have her get upset that Rarity is putting herself before her friends. Dash is a VERY confrontational charioteer so that would work well for her as an in character reaction.
At the same time, have Zack go down to the talk and apologize that they got off on the wrong foot over dinner, but then have him try and argue that whatever Mac's plan is, it would be safer for the group to go to his base first. Maybe to get supplies or maybe even to stay and help build a stable new society. Have him point out that Mac is putting the group at risk by letting his emotions/pride lead him to reject help that the group could REALLY use! Mac will be pissed, naturally, but the others might agree to some extent and at least it establishes D as an interesting character who the others can talk to or even look to as an alternate leader if they start disagreeing with Mac.

DuhadDate: Friday, 2014-08-15, 0:36 AM | Message # 175
Generalissimo
Also glade to here it G! I mean... about the you being ok thing, not the you getting hit by a car thing. I am... less then happy to here that part.

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2014-08-15, 1:59 AM | Message # 176
Colonel general
Group: Checked
alittle heads up, i edited my last post. for the lazy I shall post it here.
-*-

in the room just after Colgate, Rarity, and Derpy left
Rainbow stands dumfounded "this makes no sense, how can you guys not react when I just said-" she cuts her self off with a sigh "you know what forget it, maybe D was right maybe I am too loyal" she begins walking to the door looking downtroden. she climbs out the window floats around till she sees D, her brow rises at his odd position.

outside- under the window ledge
D lies down with a boot on his face (messing with a stoner who is Higher than the moon, perhaps not my best Idea)

RD lands next to him "hey D, can I have a word with you."

he sits up, letting the boot fall to his right, "well this doesn't sound good" she fills him in on what happened in the room "well I think everypony but Rarity and Colgate are off the hook"

"what are you kidding me did you hea-!?"
he cuts her off "Rainbow, Derpy just walk in the door and the others were still asleep."

"oh right." she chuckles with embarrassment
"now Rarity on the other hand, was wide awake and talking to Colgate." D says "they said they were going for a walk? intercept them at the door." with a nod she take to the air (now I have to go find the others, there are some things that need saying)

DuhadDate: Friday, 2014-08-15, 5:19 AM | Message # 177
Generalissimo
Zack, just as a heads up on your new post, good stuff in terms of getting into the current conversations, especially with Dash, but D should probably try offering a more open ended question or request. If you are going to fallow up in your next post with something like that, in which case never mind.

I want to keep talking too D, but I need something more then a friendly hand shake and a "We all good?" to start a conversation with.

ALL SO! Happy 1 month anniversary people! 1 day late, but whatever!

Message edited by Duhad - Friday, 2014-08-15, 5:20 AM

TheZombiecamDate: Friday, 2014-08-15, 12:21 PM | Message # 178
Colonel
OK thank you Duhad I will check those out when I finish what I'm reading now

I'm finally feeling slightly better, and I think I know what it was... (DUN DUN DUN!) The hospital baked potato that I ate when I visited my Grandfather in hospital.

Also sorry about what happened G, are you going to court?

Yay one month pretty great, also how do I look at the full message all I have is 'I was afraid you were goi...'

Message edited by TheZombiecam - Friday, 2014-08-15, 4:39 PM

DuhadDate: Friday, 2014-08-15, 7:52 PM | Message # 179
Generalissimo
Oh snap! Well I am glade you are feeling better! Also I second that question to you G, are you going to court? Is there anything you need from us/me? We can give emotional sport if nothing else!

As to the messge, I don't know...

Your message was largely about how I was worried that when you joined in and started out in the woods, watching rather then joining the main cabin group, that you might end up being a problematic player. Then I went on to talk about how any initial concern was blown away by both your grate RP style and by the fact that you let yourself be kidnapped right off the bat, allowing an existing action bit right off the bat, without making it all about how a problem arises and then Cameron solves it, proving how much of a bad ass he is. That showed that you had both a decent sense of dramatic tension, the ability to remove yourself from your character for the sake of the story (IE. Letting him get screwed over to let everyone have a chance to have fun trying to save him) and even the ability to play Cameron and Octavia as very different people.

TL;DR: I was had misgivings about you when you joined, but I was not only wrong, but GLORIOUSLY wrong! I am very glade you have been with us for the last month and I hope to see you staying with us for the months ahead! : D

GMoney24Date: Saturday, 2014-08-16, 1:04 AM | Message # 180
Lieutenant general
No court for me guys! The other party's insurance has accepted fault thus they will fix my car I was also moving into my ne apartment today so that's why the delay but I'm back!

Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz