MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC
GMoney24Date: Friday, 2014-07-25, 6:17 AM | Message # 31
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
Necroxian? Aren't those zombies who fight other zombies or something like that. Nice work though with the magazines.

JohnnyDate: Friday, 2014-07-25, 10:42 AM | Message # 32
Lieutenant
Sorry to see you go Rose

Also something's been bothering me how big are the ponies in the story relative to humans?

GMoney24Date: Friday, 2014-07-25, 6:24 PM | Message # 33
Lieutenant general
My Guess is they are real pony size but I'm not sure. When Duhad checks in he can make the final call. : )
*Also I got promoted to Sergeant that's nifty lol!*

Message edited by GMoney24 - Friday, 2014-07-25, 10:32 PM

TheZombiecamDate: Friday, 2014-07-25, 7:27 PM | Message # 34
Colonel
Duhad I was just going to ask, do you have a reason that you want to use for Colgate freaking out then passing out? Just wondering

DuhadDate: Friday, 2014-07-25, 9:01 PM | Message # 35
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Pony size is going with the generally accepted scale that you can find here. Based on a few size comparisons with the whole, "I spy an 8 foot candy cane!" bit. So 3 feet 2 inches on average. LITTLE ponies, as the show puts it. So around wast high to most adult humans.

Zombiecam, I am doing that to A. Start getting her to a place where she can interact with other characters, though slowly since nearly comatose people don't just wake up at the drop of a hat and when they do, its not a fun time and B. To let the people/ponies at the cabin have something to do.

Zack, you can switch Pinkie for Dash since Rose is gone, but if you do I will be taking Pinkie over and holding her in reserve for anyone else who wants to join latter. 1 human, 1 pony. That's just fair, especially when it comes to the mane 6 and popular back ground ponies like Derpy or Lyra.

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2014-07-26, 1:30 AM | Message # 36
Colonel general
Group: Checked
@Gmoney
Nacroxian is a concept of my own I had quite a time before it became popular. Zombies who are/have regaining/ed their lost mind, AKA a Zombie who can think like a human again or never lost it

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2014-07-26, 6:59 AM | Message # 37
Generalissimo
Zack, most old school zombie stories where like that. Revenant's are basically that and have been around for hundreds of years in fiction. And in the original George Romero zombie films, Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead especially the concept of zombies slowly regaining there human intelligence was a huge theme. So its not such a odd idea and one that might or might not be showing up latter down the road. ; )

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2014-07-26, 8:37 AM | Message # 38
Colonel general
ah, now that think about that Land of the Dead movie may be where it came from.

TheZombiecamDate: Saturday, 2014-07-26, 10:44 AM | Message # 39
Colonel
Duhad my man
You misunderstand
Rather I inquire
Why did she expire?
Feel free to delay
I have most of today

... Just to clarify; I was bored. Anyway I was asking if you have a planned reason for her passing out  happy that's all... I'm just gonna crawl back under my rock...

JohnnyDate: Saturday, 2014-07-26, 12:06 PM | Message # 40
Lieutenant
I bet a unicorn's horn would make for a good weapon if say we were to extract it from its skull and maybe sharpen it a bit? Then again I doubt the horn would be long enough to penetrate the heart, Unless a males horn would be longer, still it would seem like a lot of work to turn it into a blade and I doubt it would be easy to use raw.
Or maybe if you collect enough horns you could put them on a shield or even make knuckle or arm spikes with them. Hmmm I wonder since they use them as conduits for magic then I bet they could conduct electricity or if you put two horns together if they act like flint and steel. Like they spark when they touch or have a magnet effect since their two different magic wave lengths.

... I was also bored and decided to ramble about Unicorns that turned into mad science... looking back I feel a bit like a psycho. Lol

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2014-07-26, 7:38 PM | Message # 41
Colonel general
Quote Johnny ()
... I was also bored and decided to ramble about Unicorns that turned into mad science... looking back I feel a bit like a psycho. Lol

just a little, but you raise a good point. Could we humans use the horns of the Zombie unicorns as weapons or Magic Implements?

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Saturday, 2014-07-26, 7:38 PM

GMoney24Date: Saturday, 2014-07-26, 10:40 PM | Message # 42
Lieutenant general
You're a Wizard Harry! With a core of unicorn horn! Also Johnny to change colors for dialogue sake you have to put "[color=name of color]" and at the end of the words [ /color ] no spaces to change ink colors on mobile.

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2014-07-27, 8:02 PM | Message # 43
Generalissimo
G, thanks for explaining that. : )

Johnny, I would say that you could use them to get some sorta magic spark effect, but I see the horn as more of a conduit, rather then as the source of magic. Since all ponies have some magic in cannon, I see magic as being a bit closer to a spiritual, internal thing. So while a unicorn horn might still have some juice in it, you could not cast spells or get a serious charge out of a severed horn.
It's still spiky though and I could see a unicorn like Rarity being able to use one to act as a conduit... If you could convince her to do it. After all, you can make a club out of a human leg, but most people would rather just use a pipe.

Zombiecam, I set her up initially as being unconscious so that there would be a reason as to why she didn't just explain everything she knew in the first post and then had to have that re explained every time a new player joined over the first week. Also it allowed people to have a starting goal based in the starting area rather then just having them arrive and then leave instantly, which would also be problematic for new players trying to join the group in the first week.

GMoney24Date: Sunday, 2014-07-27, 11:09 PM | Message # 44
Lieutenant general
I like that perspective on unicorn magic and pony magic in general. The idea of turning Rarity into a lightning rod is kinda messed up but I could see how it could work. Perhaps the old horns can be used as electrical conductors.

DuhadDate: Monday, 2014-07-28, 2:05 AM | Message # 45
Generalissimo
Well magic in the show is generally shown as being sorta like a form of electricity in its raw form and I do like the idea that Twilight was attest partly right in her description of Magic as being a quantifiable and study able natural force. So if you want to say that the horn can channel electricity through the same process that it channels magic I would allow that. So ya, shove a generator into a horn and it zap people it touches.

Also, I should clarify that you would not turn Rarity into a lighting rod, but you would get her to use other unicorns severed horns as lighting rods for her own magic, but aging, that would be a HORRIFYING thing to do and convincing her to do something like that would be like convincing a human to cut off a zombies arm and swing it around like a club.

Also every pony in the group would look at you like you where a monster for mentioning it. Because, for the third time, YOU WOULD BE USING SEVERED BODY PARTS AS TOOLS AND WEAPONS! And that is some creepy, Fallout raider shit!

Message edited by Duhad - Monday, 2014-07-28, 2:06 AM

Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz