MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC
DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2014-07-29, 6:35 PM | Message # 61
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Zack, you CAN do that sorta thing in real life, but as some one who has done a bit of broad fencing and who has several friends who make a hobby out of sword play trust me. Unless the sword weighed about 100 pounds and you are a body builder, then the lake of control and force that come from spinning would not brake a human skull. You need to use proper foot work to create that sorta force. That means you need to be able to put your body into the strike. Otherwise you are just going to bonce off the zombies.
And as a last note, any attack would require you to move fast enough that you would not have time to call out the moves name. In real fights people tend to just shout wordlessly because that's all the time they have for and most really good swordsmen just save there breath and go into fast and quiet. Which trust me, is super creepy when a 300 pound, bearded black smith silently charges towered you with a big ass piece of metal and then slams into your shield hard enough to drop you to the ground, all without making a sound.

On a related note, if a black smith who you have watched bend an iron poker over his knee asks you to spare with him, REFUSE! I didn't brake anything, but one of his partners broke several fingers when they guy disarmed him in a practices match.

On the subject of the show, yes. It is a thing that existed in the world, though the Equestria that was merged with earth was exactly the same one as in the show. They are 90% similar, but certain things like the multiple copies of the background ponies and the size of any given population center are altered. Basically, this was an Equestria that was not drawn by human animators who could not/didn't want to draw a few thousand unique ponies and where towns and cities could sprawl beyond the boundaries of a single establishing shot.
In the same way, this earth is not our Earth, though it is very close to it. Not going to how it is different exactly now, but attest one changes is that all the made up characters in this game exist. : P

Zombie, good man! I love that series and it's good to see you getting into it!
As for the gear thing, for the time being just go with it. Obviously keep in mind what you have used and don't go nuts with what you have.

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2014-07-30, 0:16 AM | Message # 62
Colonel general
Group: Checked
ok your right, but I'd also like it known that I wouldn't aim for the skull with a blade (that a blunt target zone) the neck and other cartalege zone are more effective hit zones, that and the eyes.

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2014-07-30, 1:12 AM | Message # 63
Generalissimo
They are, but they are also much harder to hit. Even in an ideal position its surprisingly hard to hit something as small as a human neck (not to mention eyes) and a attacking, grasping, limping human is even harder. Then add to that the spinning and your chance of hitting anything drops to almost zero.

Think about it like this, you read The Zombie Survive Guide. You have mentioned it once or twice before. Well what is one of the main things that book says over and over? Don't be fancy or heroic when you can be smart. Even if you are a master swordsmen who can do things that I have never heard being possible outside of cheesy movies, you should still play it safe and not risk your neck showing off.

More then all of that though is just that if you keep being this crazy good compared to everyone else, then it makes things easier and less fun for the other players. That's why I have more of a problem with this game then I did with the ones where it was just the two of us.

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2014-07-30, 1:17 AM | Message # 64
Generalissimo
IMPORTANT HEADS UP!

from 7/30 - 8/4 I am going to be out of state at Bronycon in Baltimore! Just like the last time I was gone I am trusting you guys to keep on without me. I will see about trying to cheek in if my hotel has internet, but just assume that I will be gone for thous 6 days and expect me back late Monday. I will still be posting till later tonight, so if you need anything or want to know anything, just ask me by 1 am EST.

I have faith that you will all be just fine without me for a few days, so just keep up as you have been.

GMoney24Date: Wednesday, 2014-07-30, 3:10 AM | Message # 65
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
I'm not sure how this site's Ranking system works but I apparently have gotten Promoted to Lieutenant and most who have started are Sergeants. It's kinda odd. But I'll take said promotion. On a more Related note you will be missed Duhad. We will try to keep Mac and Colgate out of trouble. : )

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2014-07-30, 3:26 AM | Message # 66
Generalissimo
Much appreciated. : P

And the ranking system is based on number of posts. The "Messages" thing next to all your posts shows how many posts you have made and each one counts towered your ranking.

Its a meaningless reward system like attachments, but its kinda nice.

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2014-07-30, 6:50 AM | Message # 67
Colonel general
I get it, just so you know I wouldn't do that stuff if my life was on the the line 'it's a RP so have fun' is what I thought and that sounded fun to me but I'll tone it down 'a little'. also I have a plan for a subplot for it.

Added (2014-07-30, 6:50 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I will not be able to post again until 3:30 tomorrow EST. Work I hate it.

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Wednesday, 2014-07-30, 4:36 AM

TheZombiecamDate: Wednesday, 2014-07-30, 11:36 AM | Message # 68
Colonel
When I saw the dates you posted my head exploded trying to work out what you were saying then I realized that you were a foolish fool of an American. With your dates backwards$IMAGE1$

JohnnyDate: Thursday, 2014-07-31, 3:33 PM | Message # 69
Lieutenant
So I was thinking of what we could use for our characters thoughts that we don't want to say aloud to other characters. I'm thinking we could go with the Phoenix Wright method and just have RP character thoughts in (these) so we can give colorful commentary on the situation with out having to say them aloud of go the extra steps in specifying that these are our thoughts.

TravisDate: Thursday, 2014-07-31, 10:06 PM | Message # 70
Sergeant
Not a bad idea I might start doing that. But speaking of Phoenix Wright games I just recently got into that series. I had no idea they had the first three games for IoS. I'm on the third case of ace attorney and am loving it so far.

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2014-08-01, 0:08 AM | Message # 71
Colonel general
with ya there, I've played 1&3, some of Apollo, and curently playing dual destinies(3DS)

GMoney24Date: Friday, 2014-08-01, 9:41 PM | Message # 72
Lieutenant general
Phoenix Wright is a great Series! Also you should watch the series Turnabout Storm on youtube. It's a fantastic cross over between MLP and  Phoenix Wright!

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2014-08-01, 11:59 PM | Message # 73
Colonel general
seen and loved!~

TheZombiecamDate: Saturday, 2014-08-02, 6:58 AM | Message # 74
Colonel
Sorry guys my internet has been down the last 2 days for no reason. To quote Yahtzee "Australia's tin can internet services"

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2014-08-02, 7:00 AM | Message # 75
Colonel general
No problem although I think I scared people away with my last post, I hope not.

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Saturday, 2014-08-02, 7:02 AM

Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz