MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC
ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2014-08-08, 3:07 AM | Message # 91
Colonel general
Group: Checked
I wanted to give RD some emotional turmoil to work though, and a nightmare seemed like the best way.

timeknight24Date: Friday, 2014-08-08, 4:10 AM | Message # 92
Major general
Group: Users
I was going to do the same with Derpy about Time Turner. I guess I'll put that on the back burner and try doing it differently to avoid being redundent.

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2014-08-08, 5:10 AM | Message # 93
Colonel general
go ahead as they say dreams are Segway into the mind. So dreams are a perfect way to allow the character's turmoils to be fleshed out.

timeknight24Date: Friday, 2014-08-08, 5:25 AM | Message # 94
Major general
I'm still going to do the nightmare, but not just yet. It will be much different than RD's. I'll just let it come when it feels natural.

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2014-08-08, 5:37 AM | Message # 95
Colonel general
oh good I thought I scared you off of using a dream

GMoney24Date: Friday, 2014-08-08, 6:24 AM | Message # 96
Lieutenant general
nice work D and Rarity is far to dramatic to have dream turmoil lol. I do find it funny that she has become the poster child for Drama Queen literally.

DuhadDate: Friday, 2014-08-08, 8:43 AM | Message # 97
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
It is sorta funny, ya. : P

Dreams are a fantastic way to help get an insight into a characters mind, but never forget that like flash backs, no one else can see them. So while they help to develop the character (which is good) they don't open up allot of room for other characters to work off of. (Which is less good.) Another way you can revel back story is to have a character open up to another character in a privet moment. You can even take that work as a flash back if you want.

Johnny did something like that at the end of page 12. He did in first person, but you can also do it by having the flash back be in the normal 3 ed person view and just assume that the character is telling the story in a more normally 1st person style.

timeknight24Date: Friday, 2014-08-08, 7:17 PM | Message # 98
Major general
I realize now that no one will see Derpy's nightmare. I guess I was think more of In the terms of a book or movie where things are are told for the benefit of an audience. However I don't think it's important that everyone knows the content of Derpy's dream. It's more of how The dream affects Derpy in the real world. But that's just what I think.

Message edited by timeknight24 - Friday, 2014-08-08, 11:12 PM

DuhadDate: Friday, 2014-08-08, 9:43 PM | Message # 99
Generalissimo
Oh don't take what I said the wrong way! Feel free to play your characters and there experiences how ever you want! As long as you are not braking the rules about staying true to the shows/our own universes more or less, then your free to play anything out however you want.

I am just reminding everyone, since dreams and flash backs have been becoming more frequent now, that there are limitations to using them as your primary way of doing back story. However since Derpy has been interacting with other characters frequently and has been established in the group very well, I don't see any harm in her getting back ground info that other character's are not privy too.

DuhadDate: Friday, 2014-08-08, 9:56 PM | Message # 100
Generalissimo
Oh and as an update to the last list of active players, this is what things more or less look like right now. I am putting this up since I am thinking about asking a few new people to join and its hardly fair to refuse them ponies who have been picked by people who left the group after the first week.

Duhad - Mac/Colgate
Johnny - Johnny/Flutters
timeknight24 - Brandon/Derpy
GMoney24 - Gibson/Rarity
Travis – Tavis/Applejack
TheZombiecam - Cameron/Octavia
ZackMarcus - D/Rainbow Dash

Ponies established in the story, but not being played by PC's currently:

Pinkie Pie - At Cabin, but no longer played by ZackMarcus
Twilight - MIA in the woods after zombie attack
Shining Armor - MIA in the woods after zombie attack
Blossomforth - MIA in the woods after zombie attack

Message edited by Duhad - Friday, 2014-08-08, 9:58 PM

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 0:28 AM | Message # 101
Colonel general
we should get Twi back in the cabin, The main 6 needs to stick together

also the Cider would be ready by dinner right?

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Saturday, 2014-08-09, 0:32 AM

GMoney24Date: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 0:38 AM | Message # 102
Lieutenant general
Thanks for the Updated list Duhad. I agree that these characters should be up for grabs to new members who join since they haven't been played since the 1st week. I do kinda want Twilight back in the Cabin. As for the Cider it wouldn't be but we can pretend it is because in the show it was done quickly enough.

Message edited by GMoney24 - Saturday, 2014-08-09, 0:43 AM

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 1:24 AM | Message # 103
Generalissimo
We can get Twilight back in in a minute. Girkon (the guy with the joke name, no Kickass) is going to give the game a try and we might have 2 or 3 other people coming in besides, so if any of them want Twilight, I will let them find her and bring her in. Otherwise we will bring her back as an NPC in a few days.

And ya, Cider is a fermented version of Apple Juice (though it can also be made without fermenting, hence why an traditionally alcoholic drink appeared in a kids show) and fermenting takes weeks. But since AJ is an earth pony, we can say that the inherent earth pony magic that lets them kick apples out of trees, grow crops super fast and all that can also ferment apple's at ultra high speed.

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 1:38 AM | Message # 104
Colonel general
cool

TravisDate: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 1:43 AM | Message # 105
Sergeant
I wanna preference this by saying I also don't partake in drugs that being said my character in the story does like drug. But on that note I did a little research on the plant Zombiecam was talking about and it really sounds like one messed up plant. I can't wait for Travis to foolishly take it and go on a hallucinogenic adventure. Though I do wanna ask. Anything I should know or keep in mind before I write it?

Also pretty cool that more people are coming!

Message edited by Travis - Saturday, 2014-08-09, 1:45 AM

Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz