MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Training the Guard.
DuhadDate: Monday, 2012-12-31, 2:36 AM | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Out of the side of his mouth the blue pegasus asks the pony to his left, "Hay, is that prince Blue Blood? I thought he was blond?"

[Going to be gone till the first. Just heading down to Boston to celibate with friends for a few days, so I am NOT abandoning the either RP!]

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2012-12-31, 12:33 PM | Message # 17
Colonel general
Group: Checked
the unicorn who was part of the musicial raised her eyebrow at him "your kidding right, wow what rock have you been under, thats THE Shining Armor current Grand-Captain {the one who is Captain of all the divisions} Lieutenant Marcus said Prince because he's married to Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. the names Spell Weaver by the way." now noticing the unicorn and her aqua coat, pale seafoam mane, and her cutie mark (a sword with a pink dust trail spiraling it from tip to hilt).

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-02, 6:41 AM | Message # 18
Generalissimo
The pegasus bristles slightly. "Well excuse me for not keeping up on my royal news, some of us don't live in Canterlot and can't keep minute by minute tabs on the nobility relationship status!" His face is a pale shade of red as he straightens up along with the other recruits.

After a second he adds a quick "Sorry," but dose not look at Spell Weaver and is still viably frowning. His wings flex slightly reveling his cutie mark, what appears to be a red and white striped firework with a light fuss.

"So he is the head of the guard?" He finally asks, eyes still following the prince.

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-02, 8:33 AM | Message # 19
Colonel general
"yea he is, right beneth the general and comander Crystal Light but I think he could give them orders if he wanted. and FYI I just got to Canterlot myself my families a bunch of Enchanters {poines who gives everyday objects magical properties}from Baltimare but I found myself fasinated with combat magic I even made a combat technic and name it after myself."

"well well what do we have here, a blossoming romance perhaps?" Zack said near the two ponies thoughly embarrassing them "well then you two won't mind sparring" both looked off-put as the twenty square hooves of marble were cleared of the others. Zack passed the pegasus something "it's a pair of wooden wingblades, there light enough to not impede flight but wight enough to hurt."

"alright but I'm the Ref." Zach said walking to the middle of the square and started to sink into the shadow that half covered the square causing looks of confusion on many of the recruits."Hahehe let's put it this way, you don't get to where I am without special talents."

"yea, and I'm sure it has nothing to do with that night the moon turned pink." Zack said with a snicker as Zach shot him a glare just before his head went into the shadow. "anyway."

Zach's voice came all of the shadow in the square at once "FIGHT"

music

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Thursday, 2013-01-03, 1:05 PM

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-01-03, 8:28 AM | Message # 20
Generalissimo
"... OK, right worst year of ours lives. Got it." The blue pegasus rolls his wings testing the wingblades. Looking across the floor to his opponent he flares his wings and drops into racing stance. Then with a rush of wings he lunches himself at Spell Weaver. His dash will bring him within clipping range of the unicorn, allowing his own speed to add force to the lightweight weapons, relying on them to keep his wings from being damaged and to avoid crashing.

His flying expertise is derived almost entirely flying in mines, which has the advantage of training low altitude, tight maneuvering flying, but at the cost of him being a generally slower flyers then most of his peers (when not flying in tight conditions) and being easily thrown off by harsh weather. In the case of an indoor fight, in cramped spaces, he is entirely in his element and is more then happy to use that to his advantage.

Spell Weaver may well notice that in the split second before he lunched into his attack, the light blue stallions eyes flicked towered the prince and the captain before refocusing on the task at hoof, frown back on his face.

Message edited by Duhad - Thursday, 2013-01-03, 8:29 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-03, 12:07 PM | Message # 21
Colonel general
With a grin on her face Spell Weaver side steps his charge and brings a small traslusent haxagon plate which he rams into. "it's an off-shoot of basic unicorn barrier spells called Protect highly concentrated but too small to stop magic" she said giggling as he rubs his nose "never did get your name." resuming her combat stance head high, and hilt above the crook of her back in her magic he sees her mouth something as she charges, a multitude of the hexagon plates making a orb around her.

away from the battle Zack and Armor stand watching the fight "so what do you think?" Zack asks

"well theres potential in both, the pegasus seems fast and he can corner well. the unicorn seems adept at that 'hexagon' spell" Armor said sagely

Zack picks a pair of files in his magic "her name is Spell Weaver from a long line of Enchanters in Baltimare. seems she got some training early on. she saved a recruiter from diamond dogs with that 'hexagon' spell the recruiter then trained her as her cutie mark appered because of that incident." he was about to read the other file when a smashing was heard both he and Armor looked to see Spell Weaver flying backwards as it appered that the pegasus had broken the Protect spell with a slash of his 'glowing' wingblades he seem as off-put as everyponyelse Armor looked at Zack. Zack's horn glowed as the whites of his eyes turned blue "humm the faylines are spiraling his blades. this is a new development."

"so you were holding back! fine, let's see you deal with this." she jumps to her backhooves and envlopes herself ina cocoon of magic spining like a top. soon the top careens stright towards the pegasus.

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Thursday, 2013-01-03, 1:02 PM

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-01-04, 3:05 AM | Message # 22
Generalissimo
:Inside the head of Bottle Rocket: Holy sun, what was that!?! Am I concussed or did my wooden training sword... things just start glowing? Maybe it has to do with that magic shield of hers I ran into, but I have never seen something like that before. What if that was an illegal move? WHAT IF THEY KICK ME OUT FOR THAT!?! WHAT IF-

"so you were holding back! fine, let's see you deal with this."

:Back in Bottle Rockets head: Whats that? OH SWEET CELESTIA WHAT IS THAT THING!?!

The light blue pegasus hurls himself to the left, pumping his right wing to send him into a roll, avoiding most of the attack, but reeving a nasty smack(I have no idea if this would be shocking, burning or just blunt force trauma so I will leave it vague for now) on his outstretched right wing.

Rolling to all fours he turns to face his opponent.

:back in his head: If she has to brake the spell redirect it, then I need to try and tackle her before she can cast aging. The blade prevented her from breaking my wing, but a more direct hit or even one or two more glancing blows like that and I will be lucky to still be walking straight, let alone dodging! Lucky she is a unicorn, not an earth pony, so if I can get into hoof to hoof with her I should have the advantage. Alternatively if she CAN keep that spell going while she re aims I might be able to just stay out of her range till I can catch her in a mistake. I may not be as fast as a weather pony, but I can definitively out maneuver her if she is maintaining that massive spell. Of course if she can break that huge spell down to a smaller shield quick enough I am just going to bash my snot aging. Wait... could she do all of that before? Was she holding back? Why? And is she still holding back? That's a scary thought...

The pegasus re-flares wings, the right held slightly lower then the left and prepares to make his move.

Meanwhile, on the light blue pegasus's file.

Recruit Name: Bottle Rocket

Colors,
Mane: Dark Purple
Coat: Light Blue
CM: A red and white rocket with a light fuse.
ST: Demolitions. Gained during his time working at the Rockland Vyatka Mining.Co mine situated near the northern edge of the kingdom.

Side note: Recruit Bottle Rocket hails from a tiny hamlet near the border of the Griffon Kingdom. The hamlet has no official name as it exists in an extremely dangerous region of the kingdom, where many small communities form, only to be torn apart by monsters attacks and raids by Griffin bandits, apparently unaligned with the Griffin crown. Recruit Rocket says that the locals call the community Rockland, after the official name of the region it is situated in. (This name remain unofficial due to it already belonging to a larger, more permanent fishing village located several miles to the east of the same hamlet.)

Apart from recruits Rocket's confirmed previous employment with Vyatka as a demolitionist, no other records exist, as official governmental involvement in the region is strictly limited as to not offend the Griffin government, hence the regions dangerous reputation.

For the record this was written on the fly, so if it contradicts anything I wrote before, just take this as cannon.

Message edited by Duhad - Saturday, 2013-01-05, 7:05 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-01-05, 4:14 AM | Message # 23
Colonel general
the spell stops moving on the far end of the square and redirects at Bottle Rocket but stops short as Weaver leaps out and swings wide but is blocked. the two begin trading blows, blocks, evades, and parries expertly.

"what do you think Colonel Rockbreaker?" a new earth pony stood beside Zack his clay brown coat complemented his dark brown mane as in stood in a top spike with two large bangs hung to both sides with a broadsword cleaving into a mountin as it split in half as a mark.

"well they both have great skill in hoof to hoof and highly advanced in there respective forte."

"put them in division two in a team of four." Armor said flatly both Zack and Rock saluted

both combatints looked fatiged as they made one last charge Weaver swinging wide verticaly but Rocket glanced it aside and pointed the other at her chest "match point Bottle Rocket is victorious." Zach said rising out of the shadows.

"congats Bottle Rocket, you and Spell Weaver are now Private 2nd class and have been assigned a team, your lead is Rockbreaker here and your fourth will be Fever Pitch you'll meet him later but keep an eye on him he's a little hyper."

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-01-05, 7:31 AM | Message # 24
Generalissimo
Tiredly the pegasus snaps a salute, then staggers slightly as a wave of exhaustion and pain sweeps over his body. His wings are battered and bruised from the the prolonged duel and the spells singular hit. With the adrenalin leaving his body, the stallion began feel his body throb in pain form a dozen small bruises and scraps.

While less mentally taxing then unicorn fencing and less physically demanding then earth pony melee, all that flying around and trying to out spare an opponents who can attack from any angle, with a bent wing no less, tends to take it our of you.

Righting himself Bottle Rocket turns and gives a short, stiff (due more to pain and tiredness rather then disrespect) to his opponent. "Your good." He says, sighing as he straightens up and turns to face Rockbraker. Out of the corner of his mouth he mutters, "Feeling ready to help save Equestria, private 2ed class?"

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-01-05, 1:49 PM | Message # 25
Colonel general
panting from mana 'magical' exhaustion (which is no laughing matter in sevear cases it can lead to death) "you ... too" taking a moment to catch her breath "wasn't expecting you to be so good with those." pointing at the wingblades.

"ok,ok enough fawning over eachother we got'a go meet Fever." a few minutes of walking everything turns gray, Rock and Weaver are still as statues.

"oh come on not again, I swear when I get my claws on Temporal I going to have a few choice words with her." a voice from behind him causes him to spin around which he quickly wish he didn't. Face to face with a Draconequus though he didn't look as crazed as Discord this one looked more distinguished "well, hehe wasn't expecting you to still be moving, your probably wondering who I am and whats going on?" too which Rocket nodds many times "lets start with the first I am Fate the weaver of Destiny, and whats going on is one of my fellow draconequus isn't doing her job but I digress, I haven't seen a pony like you in millenia the last one was a brown haired cream coated mare never did see where her path went so let see were yours goes shall we from here on i'll let you pick your path. it'll happen like this

Reality shift
1- Zack's secret
2- Armor's mood

just pick one, simple right but I warn you some lead to terrible heartache."

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-01-06, 4:41 AM | Message # 26
Generalissimo
:In side the had of Bottle Rocket: Well this is just grate! I actually seem to be making some headway and now I am locked in a grayed out reality, being offered a none nonsensical chose by some creature out of a story book...

OK, it said that one of the chose would lead to terrible heartache... that's... less then helpful really. Still it mentioned Zack's Secret, probably a safe bet that it involves the first Lieutenant. Still that second part seems pretty nasty, secrets aren't the kinda of thing that a sensible pony would want to try and stick his noses in.

What about Armor's mood? Could that be referring to Shinning Armor? He is a noble and if half of what I have heard about the nobility is true, then I probably don't want to give him any reason to pay attentions to me or Rockland! Some help I would be if I left to learn how to train a militia and ended up calling down the army on everypony.

I don't have enough information... maybe I can barter for it?

Bottle Rocket raise his head to look the god directly in the eye. "If I play your game, then will you tell me more about who you are, what this," He waves a hood around at the still, gray world around him, "is and what is going on? What makes me and that mare so special?"

{To keep things rolling smoothly I will just tell you that unless Fate actually comes out with more information on the Reality Shift, then my chose is 'Zack's secret'. If its an instantaneous event after the chose, then ALL of that was in his head and the chose is the same.}

Message edited by Duhad - Sunday, 2013-01-06, 4:42 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-01-06, 6:38 AM | Message # 27
Colonel general
"ah distrust, so uncommon among ponies but understandable the last Draconequus anypony met was Discord and he tried to turn Equestria upside-down and inside-out" Fate sighed solemnly "brother I wish I could have saved you from your madness." Fate shook his head several times to remove his solem thoughts "sorry bout that you were saying." Rocket reminds him of the questions "ah yes, this is no game it is a gift. I see your noble heart and I wish to see what good you could do with this gift and beside if you wish to look into the choice mearly pluck the string" he reached up and gave a flick and voices could be heard in a musical quality.

"whats up Zack.... w.w.what do mean .....YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS.

"for your information my mood is none of your concern.... fine if you must know ..... its alright we'll be fine."

the first was Zach, he sounded upset and sad. the second was Shining Armor, pissed at first but calm later. "as for whats going on, its one of my sister Temporal's little jokes she love to stop time and make me bored I know it's all in good fun but it's annoying" he said with a grin. "you and that mare are two of only four who can be here on the astral plane. And by the why I never said that mare was earth, unicorn, or pegasus" he chuckled as he disappered.

{to make choice one listen in on a converstion though a door, two overhear two guards talking about Armor}

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Sunday, 2013-01-06, 7:09 AM

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-01-06, 7:51 AM | Message # 28
Generalissimo
"I have a very bad feeling about this." Bottle looked at the door and sighed. "I just know this is going to end badly but..." He walks over the the door and puts his ear to it.

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-01-06, 10:06 AM | Message # 29
Colonel general
The world regains it's color.

"what are... " Breaker is cut off by Rocket's hoof as he hears a voice from the door.

"Where ... are you... Zach" Zack says though pantting breaths.

the same noise of Zach coming out of the shadows is heard "whats up Zack"

"Zach,.... thank Celestia ... theres someth.. something... so ..mething" a loud thud is heard.

"Zack" "i'm sorry Zach I need to tell you something.... Luna and Celestia shared with me. we are off balance brother."

"w. w. what do you mean." "Luna's thousand years of banishment,... Celestia tried, yes she tried but she couldn't stop it. We have too light in our souls Zach."

"you can't be serious, Zack how is light hurting you." "my body is burning out, every month I get weaker. this must stay between us Zach, if the griffons were to find out they could start a war thinking the guard is weak."

"no no no, I can't you lose you I only just be came an uncle" his voice cracking.

"don't worry so much I've still got at least ten years to raise Jack and Tac and Luna's helping me delay the degradation."

"what about everyponyelse and me"

"you? your safe, your soul is already balanced think of it like this I was protecting you from the moment we were born and the recruits out there are the first pefectly balanced recruits in over one thousand years."

"thats probaly why so many of them are so good." Rocket and the others pull away giving eachother solem looks.

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-01-06, 10:55 PM | Message # 30
Generalissimo
In Bottle Rocket bits his lower lip. In a whisper he says "This is bad. If the guard senior officers and soldiers are falling apart then Equestria's army will be weakened to the point of impedes! Even if they can hold out for years, how long till they can no longer fight at there full strength? We already really heavily on the Princess's magic to stand as a deterrent and if the guard fails our borders will be consumed since there is only so much they can do, especially with there duty's to raise the sun and moon."

He turns to turns further to face the other cadets, "Have any of you ever had to fight a griffon? A diamond dog? Have any of you seen the devastation a single, angry dragon can cause?" He looks around at the other recruits, then continues. "I have. I helped beat off a small griffon raiding party, not griffon soldiers mind, but just raged bandits, still they almost beat us when we had them outnumbered two to one, because they where built to fight and we weren't. Same with the Dogs. When you are working a gem mine you have to keep an eye open for them because the dogs like gem finders. Like to grab um and drag them away to work for them. My best friend got nabbed once and it was all the rest of us could do to keep him from getting pulled away. Diamond dog's in the underground are worse them griffons in the sky."

His seem to lose focus then, as if seeing something the others could not, "And then there was the dragoon. Just the one, mind. He was big and red and flew over are little hamlet without so much as a glace in our direction, but he and some other followed it, wanted to see what it was doing." He trails off for a moment, then in voice so low that the other recruits where forced to lean in to hear he continued "Griffins raided its lair while it was out hunting. It did not like that. Followed them home and got its treasure back. By the end it was just the dragon, the gold and a whole lot of ash..."

Bottle Rocket was silent for a moment before shaking his head and resuming in his previous, slightly louder whisper. "We have to find a solution or attest find some way of mitigating the damage. Also..." He looks a bit nervousness as he says "Call it a hunch, but I think there might also be something going on with Captain Armor. I don't know anything... but ya call it a hunch..."

Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz