MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Dark » Day of the Pony Dead (Saddle up, grab a pony and prepare to fight for survival!)
Day of the Pony Dead
TravisDate: Friday, 2014-07-18, 1:37 AM | Message # 46
Sergeant
Group: Users
Travis gathered everything he'd need on the trip to the city including the radio dr. G gave him. He recalled someone asking about skills and thought out what to say. " We'll I've been hunting since I was seven so I know how to handle most guns and I can track deer if we're ever desperate on food, as for my job I never got my diploma so I mostly worked on the farm with my dad." Travis frowned "Until it got overrun by those flesh eaters." Travis felt sick to his stomach saying that but he quickly toughened up "anyways I reckon we need someone to pull the cart." He turned to Applejack " would you mind helping us out."

Applejack simled "sure thing sugarplum I could lend a hoof." Travis nodded and cocked his gun "we'll then let's roll out" Travis and applejack headed out the door

JohnnyDate: Friday, 2014-07-18, 2:30 AM | Message # 47
Lieutenant
Johnny strapped the radio given to him the Doctor to his belt. After Travis finished his story, Johnny figured he'd go next. "well before the crisis happened I was an accountant which I figure isn't very useful unless the zombies want their income taxes done." Johnny chuckled, "as for skills well I was quite the thief when I was younger so I know how to be stealthy and can pick house locks and basic deadbolts." Johnny reached into his back pack "as for weapons I played a lot of baseball so I'm pretty good with blunt weapons and handguns."

Johnny pulled out a box of fire cracker packs and handed them out among the group "Here take these in case you need to lure a hoard or scare of an unwanted visitor" with that Johnny walked over to Fluttershy and said his goodbyes. "Fluttershy I want you to stay here with your friends, if you decide to go outside don't go too far from the cabin alright." Fluttershy nodded and responded "Be safe." With that Johnny exited the cabin with Travis and Applejack

RoseDate: Friday, 2014-07-18, 4:16 AM | Message # 48
Private
Rose was very surprised by how kind everyone was, it really did boost her confidence. She put the radio in her backpack, it was a pretty good source of security. Rose had decided not to head out to help with the cart. She and Rainbow would defend the cabin, after all there was no doubt in her mind that Rainbow would be more of a burden helping with the cart. Knowing her she'd get into a fight about something ridiculous with someone. Fighting off zombies was more her style. 

One of the other guys, was it Jonathan, started handing out firecrackers. Again Rose just stuffed it in her backpack, by now her backpack was full of the most random supplies. There was a half eaten bag of trail mix, a can of sardines, two water bottles, then a broken watch, a withered up old fern leaf, a tv remote, and somehow a Barbie doll. That was only a few things, Rose could go on forever with the useless stuff she had. Rose shook her head, she needed to focus, she didn't want to die or something. 

Rose walked over to Rainbow Dash, still bragging, but now most of the ponies listening walked away to do other things. Her audience consisted of Fluttershy and Rarity, who were both only half listening.
 "But really I mean, it's pretty cool how I made my way through streets flooded with the creatures with just a knife, I mean who else could do that?" Rose smiled as she snuck up on Rainbow "Oh wow Rainbow, that's great! Are you gonna tell them about how you actually flew over all of the zombies, and then hid in an ally. You know the ally I found you in, where you were crying to yourself." Rose talked in a way a scolding mother would, but she was still smiling to herself. Only Rainbow would use the apocalypse as a chance to brag.

Rainbow looked up at Rose, then she proceeded to start laughing a very fake laugh.
 "Oh Rose you're so, hehe, funny. Stop telling such funny jokes, heh." Rainbow was wearing a very fake smile on her face. Rose laughed, "Fine, only if you stop bragging. It can get pretty annoying. Anyways, Rainbow were gonna stay here, protecting the cabin. Get ready or something, we're gonna go outside and check the perimeter, make sure everything's safe. I'll get you when I'm ready." Rose still smiled even though the whole situation was pretty serious. She then walked away to let Rainbow get ready, and to get the supplies she needed herself.

DuhadDate: Friday, 2014-07-18, 8:50 AM | Message # 49
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
*Nice one with the radios GM. That was a smart move.*

Mac stepped into a side room and returned with a ax in one hand what looked like a toy wooden shield in the other. The shield was painted garishly and looked less like a protective side arm and more like the sort of thing a man dressed as a knight at a Halloween party might grab if he had to rush to finish his costume.

Mac's face went slightly red as he self contentiously fidgeted with the shied. "I thought I might help clear out the rotters with you girls and I didn't want to draw in more attention by shooting off a few shells so... uh, well I sorta like to have something between me and there mouths when I need to get up close so..." He trails off into a cough. "So ya, you just lead the way and I will be right behind you."

The road back towered town is clear of trees and easy enough to travel and even better, you can see any lurking dead before you put your foot down next to one tangled in the undergrowth. The tree's over head also prevent the odd flying zombie pegasus from being able to easily spot travelers. On the down side, a few shambling corpses, drawn by the sound of the noise at the cabin have already wandered on to the road.

And while it might just be paranoia, the feeling of being watched while in the open space, flanked on either side by the forest, is hard to shake.

TheZombiecamDate: Friday, 2014-07-18, 12:21 PM | Message # 50
Colonel
Cameron thought about running to catch up with Octavia but decided against it and decided to just walk. They had only been walking a few seconds before Cameron felt his foot catch something on the ground, Dammit he thought as he hit the ground, he was about to call to Octavia when he realised that he would only look like more of an ass, as he started to lift himself off the ground a hand reached around his head and held his mouth shut.

"I heard you and that lot all the way from my camp" said the shaky voice "I'll trade you for food with your friends in the cabin, then I can tell those hunters about you in exchange for more food" Cameron could tell that this guy was new to this but he had a tight grip and there was no way that he was letting go. before he got his food.

Octavia looked back to see were Cameron was as she stopped at the cabins door but she didn't see anything but the bushes she climbed through to get to the cabin. He's probably to scared to see what's in the cabin, she paused and squinted to see if she could spot him or... maybe he's going to watch me to make sure they don't attack me. She turned to knock on the door only to come face to face with an orange pony and two humans.

Message edited by TheZombiecam - Friday, 2014-07-18, 6:46 PM

GMoney24Date: Friday, 2014-07-18, 7:10 PM | Message # 51
Lieutenant general
*Every so often I have a few good ideas. Though far and few between. smile *

"Good Idea Mac, Rose Rainbow, and possibly Luke as I recall hearing him yelling about shooting things." Dr. G said. He then turned back to his patient.
"Since Colgate is stable right now we can leave her right here although it'd be nice to have someone here in case she wakes." He turned to Fluttershy. "I recall Rarity telling me as we were walking that you were very good with woodland creatures. Tending to Colgate should be very similar. If she wakes up though...."

He trailed off. He hadn't really thought this through. He didn't want to be completely useless and being as it was his idea he should clear out the cabin next door. He was good with a Machete but the issue was what if Colgate got worse or needed more attention.

"AHEM!" Rarity interrupted his train of thought. " Dr. G I'll stay with Fluttershy and help watch Colgate besides I don't like getting dirty and I can heal minor injuries." Rarity offered.

"But what if...?" Dr. G began.

"Nonsense this house is a fortified building and if anything happens I can teleport to you and bring you back straight away Doc. Besides we do need that second base and Fluttershy is great at tending to sick ponies." Rarity said. Then she walked over to the vet and pressed into his side. "You've done good Dr. G."

Dr. G instinctively hugged the pony pressing into his side. He had to admit Rarity could be a handful at times and the Journey from Florida to Maine  had  been one riddled with Complaints about heat, humidity, cold, and mud but when it cam down to it Rarity was very generous. She had shared her and had used her magic on more than one occasion to protect Dr. G from the rotters.
 "Alright stay safe. There' s main receiver here by the table it should allow me to stay in touch with you." Rarity let go and began ushering the doctor toward the door.  Dr. G picked up his machete no use wasting bullets now he thought. "Anyone coming next door or am I Han Soloing it next door?" Dr. G. asked  the remaining members of the group chuckling a little at his bad joke.

Message edited by GMoney24 - Friday, 2014-07-18, 7:11 PM

timeknight24Date: Friday, 2014-07-18, 8:42 PM | Message # 52
Major general
Brandon and Derpy joined Johnny, Travis, and Applejack outside the cabin. They were all staring at a lone earth pony wearing a pink bowtie. Brandon founded it odd that a pony would come to this specific cabin alone. "Excuse me, Miss," Brandon asked the Mare. "are you looking for someone?"

TheZombiecamDate: Saturday, 2014-07-19, 8:26 AM | Message # 53
Colonel
Octavia stood watching as more people were coming out of the cabin the one who had walked out with Derpy asked "Excuse me, Miss, are you looking for someone?" Octavia looked back to the forest before realizing who she just saw.

"Derpy?!?" Octavia said surprised to see her delivery mare and friend standing in the doorway

"Oh hello Octavia!" she said with a look of surprise on her face are you- oh no I'm so sorry I never got around to delivering your string thingy" Derpy said sadly

"Cello Bow" Octavia corrected "Not that it matters any more" she mumbled angrily she looked at the others "My apologies I should introduce myself, I am Octavia Melody"

"Are you out here all alone?" asked Derpys human companion

"Well uhh" she paused she didn't know if Cameron would like her giving him away "No, my uhh... the human I am travelling with is in the woods" she turned to the forest "Cameron!" she shouted "These people are trustworthy, an old friend of mine is here" she looked back they had a wary looks on their faces probably trying to work out if she was distracting them from something "H-He's probably back at the tree we were set up at" she was scared that they didn't believe her "So uhh anyway where are you all headed?" she said trying to change the subject.

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2014-07-19, 9:01 AM | Message # 54
Generalissimo
Mac watched the conversation on his front steps with mounting concern. He crept to the side of one of the cabins windows and peered out, scanning the forest for any sign on the ponies mysterious friend, but seeing nothing. Still, the hairs on the back of his neck rose as a palpable sense of danger ran shivers down his spin.

meanwhile a lone zombie stumbled from the tree facing the back of the cabin. The former human lead on by the sounds of the on going conversation.

timeknight24Date: Saturday, 2014-07-19, 4:22 PM | Message # 55
Major general
"Well, Octavia," Began Brandon,"We were going to retrieve a broken cart from the woods to be repaired and used to haul supplies to and from town, but  I think finding your friend has become a priority."

Suddenly, the sound of crunching leaves was heard followed by a low moan.

"Derpy, find some where to hide. I'll let you know when it's safe to come out." whispered Brandon.

"Why?" Asked Derpy.

"Remember how I said it was dangerous out here? Well one of those dangerous things is nearby and I don't want you to get hurt." unholstering his handgun.

"But I can..." began Derpy.

"Just hide!" hissed Brandon

"Fine. I'll go hide." mumbled Derpy as she went off to find a hiding spot.

GMoney24Date: Sunday, 2014-07-20, 4:46 AM | Message # 56
Lieutenant general
"Well she doesn't seem to be lying." Dr. G pointed out. I was on my way next door anyways hopefully this Cameron didn't get himself infected or killed. He thought.  "Rarity stay inside!" Dr. G called out as he exited on to the front steps joining the scene outside. A distinct crunching of leaves came followed by a moan. "Well shit! Here comes trouble!" He pointed to the source of the noise. A disgusting and rotting corpse with pale skin and dark greasy hair. "Let's take that sucker out!" Dr. G said brandishing his Machete.

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2014-07-20, 8:26 AM | Message # 57
Generalissimo
"Don't shot!" Mac hissed from the window. "The last thing we need to to draw in more of the monsters!" He watched the treeline, still feeling a tingling sense of something being deeply wrong. "And stay low. Something isn't right here..."

timeknight24Date: Sunday, 2014-07-20, 9:31 PM | Message # 58
Major general
Brandon lowered his gun and leaned up against the cabin. Held his breath as the zombie limped closer. All remained silent save for an occasional grunt from the zombie as he shuffled past.  The zombie then abruptly stopped in its  tracks. It paused for what seemed like an eternity. The longer the zombie lingered the harder Brandon's heart seemed to beat. finally the zombie let out a long moan and continued on his way.

GMoney24Date: Sunday, 2014-07-20, 10:46 PM | Message # 59
Lieutenant general
Dr. G. Heard Mac's advice and dropped down staying still. Sometimes his feelings got the best of him. He didn't like feeling useless but there was a fine line between brave and Reckless. He recalled Rarity mentioning about Rainbow Dash's recklessness. Don't be stupid people actually depend on you Doc! Getting yourself mauled will not help Colgate or Anyone else for that matter. Think Smarter not Harder! He thought as he pressed himself into the dirt. It was going to be a long night. The creature paused and moaned it's breathing sounding like the rattle of death. Dr. G held his breath as the zombie continued on it's way. He had a distinct feeling that there was something wrong but he didn't know exactly what.

Message edited by GMoney24 - Sunday, 2014-07-20, 10:47 PM

timeknight24Date: Monday, 2014-07-21, 1:49 AM | Message # 60
Major general
As the zombie slowly disappeared into the woods Brandon sharply exhaled. Once he was certain the zombie was out of ear shot  Brandon called to his companion. "Derpy, you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Derpy's voice echoed from a nearby garbage can. "Although, I probably should have checked if the trash can was empty. Ick! It smells like month old cabbage in here!"

"As long as you're ok." said Brandon trying not to laugh at his friends antics.

"I think something is wrong with this Mac guy." Derpy said. "Who throws out a perfectly good banana-nut muffin?"

"Alright, just stay where you are. I have a feeling something worse is on the way."

Forum » Roleplay » Dark » Day of the Pony Dead (Saddle up, grab a pony and prepare to fight for survival!)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz