MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
A New Nightmare
DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-08-28, 5:16 AM | Message # 286
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
The general nods to his guards who quickly move in and force you to the ground at blade point. The unicorn's eyes and horn blaze with red light as you see a strange amulet around his neck flash and suddenly you feel a strange emptiness as your connection to your magic is severed.

Steeping back the guards look to the general who nods in approval. "And you have linked his movement and magic release to me in the normal way?"

The unicorn nods. "If I knew how much power this thing had I would have-"

"You would have done nothing until the time came." Songbird's voice is sharp as he cuts the stallion off. "The Alicorn is extremely dangerous. It is lucky that we found it before it fell into the wrong hands, but never make the mistake of thinking that its power is not corruption! When Celestia is over thrown you WILL return that thing to me for proper disposal."

The unicorn nods and Songbird looks to the pegasus mare. "You will lead half the troops to the dungeons, free all the pony's on the list. Shining has put ponies sympathetic to us along your rout so you should meet no resistance." His voice drops low enough that the crowd cannot hear. "That means I expect no fatalities on either side. If there is another "incident" I will not give you a another second chance." The mare glares, but nods. Songbird then turns to the unicorn. "You will take the rest of the ponies to lead an attack of Celestia."

"You know that her guards will not stand down. It will not be bloodless." The unicorn points out quietly.

"I know. Minimize deaths if you can, but the top priority is Celestia. If you die before you reach her, throw the amulet. We have retrieve teams standing by." The general and the stallion bow there heads together. "Its been an honor."

"Likewise." The unicorn laughs hollowly. "I guess if I can't be a hero I can die as one..."

The two raise there heads and though the generals face remains as stoic as ever his cheeks are tear stained. He raise his voice and shouts, "You have your orders! I would tell me to make me proud, but you have just by standing with me here! NOW COMPANY, MOVE OUT!"

As the crowed of ponies move out though the cave the general looks down at you. "You aren't worth the life of any of the ponies who gave there's for you." His voice is dry, with no malice or anger, as if he was simply stating a fact.

After the last pony disappears from view he taps your head with a hoof. "You can talk now, but I think we will hold off and giving you back mobility and magic for the time being. For now we need to talk." He looks up and shouts, "We ALL need to talk! Luna, the crowd is gone and there is not chance you starting a riot anymore." Luna and the element bares come out from one of the side tunnels, expressions ranging from nervous, to curious, to angry. "And you three. If you want to fool somepony into thinking that you have left a good trick is not not keep stumping your hooves till you can't hear the rest of the company anymore." The three regulars look sheepish as they file out of the tunnel the main group left through.

When all the ponies have gathered around, the general looks down at you. "Well then, the end draws near, but there are still a few lose ends that need to be tied up. Now tell me how you found Luna and anything you have learned about the false queen and I will answer any-questions you may still have for me."

Message edited by Duhad - Wednesday, 2013-08-28, 5:17 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-08-28, 6:40 AM | Message # 287
Colonel general
Group: Checked
"I found Luna thanks to an amulet that came to me as part of vision granted me by a mirrored parchment, as for the 'false queen' not much aside from Queen Chrysalis is involved" Zack said just before his eyes change to orange "now how about you let me up this dirt's starting to chafe" with a manic chuckle as his eyes change back "sorry about that"

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-08-28, 9:11 AM | Message # 288
Generalissimo
"That's quite alright." The general says, though he seems lost in thought. "Did you notice anything different about the swarm? Such an open attack is not like them... Each time they have attacked Equestira it has been been through infiltration, THEN force. This new strategy seems to be as if there goal was to cause chaso's, which dose not make sense for them. Dead ponies can't be used for love after all."

"They have been changed and not just though there way of thinking." Luna says steeping forward. "They are leaner and there bodies have been warped in some way. I do not believe that they are acting alone."

"I, um..." Fluttershy begins, but trails off as the others look at her. A genital word from Rarity helps her regain her voice as she says, "I don't think that the pony that changed them... asked them first." She swallows and then says in a still quieter voice, "When I was in the forest alone I saw them and heard them and don't think that they are happy. They look sick and the queen was shouting at the voice all the time."

The others lean in and Fluttershy pulls back, obliviously uncountable. "What voice?" Songbirds tone is sharp and Fluttershy retreats further whispering something unintelligible.

Twilight sparkle galled at Songbird who attest had the good graces to look abashed. After leaning into her friend Twilight straightens up. "Fluttershy says that there was a voice in the forest that kept saying terrible things to her.

A cold chill seems to fall over the room as no pony says a word. Finally Rainbowdash says in a a shaking voice, "Who do we know who likes to say terrible thing to get ponies to do awfully thing to one another?"

"It can't be..." Twilight states, a little too forcefully. "He is locked in stone! We sealed him away and he has not had the last thousand years to brake down his prison like he did before! He would need alto more then just some filly's fighting to get out he would need-"

"An attack on Canterlot that saw my sister bested?" Luna offered solemnly.

"A paranoid hunt for cultists and return of Nightmare Moon?" Apple Jack offers.

"How about the bloodiest battle Euqestira has known in resent history, leading to the destruction of a major city and the madness of a Princess?" General Songbird states, voice hard. He looks to each pony in turn. "The new changelings, the gaurd, the children, even Zack's investigation have sown disorder and violence to everything they have touched since the start of this whole mess. If the spirit of chaos was not behind all of this for the start, then who ever it was certainly was working with his best interests at hart."

"But who would willingly help Discord escape? Who COULD have helped him escape?" Twilight sounds almost panicky now. "It dose not make any sense!"

Luna frowns. "Your are right, miss Sparkle" She says, eyes closed in consideration. "There is some key peace we are missing here..."

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-08-28, 9:11 AM | Message # 289
Generalissimo
Songbird taps you on the side. "You can move aging, ill give you your magic back before we move out, but if I did not promise Dashing Orange that I would help you, you had best believe that hot temper of yours would have gotten you into alto more trouble then it did. Don't forget the chain of command, officer." Luna gives the general a look. "Sorry your highness, I have not forgotten my oaths. My hooves are your hooves and my life is your to command."

He coughs. "Having said that we need to prioritize. The changelings are a serious threat, but so is Clestia. I have my best ponies working on a way to bring her down," Luna's face flashes with anger and the general quickly adds, "banishment! None lethal, though it might sting. You will be able to recall her and deal with her as you see fit when we have time, but for the time being she is far to dangerous to be left in charge during the invasion. That will go double if she has turned, which we believe to be the case. Once she is taken care of we can get at the elements." He nods at the six bares. "That will deal with the changelings or it WOULD if not for the complication of Discord... Now we have a problem.He could interfere with the team I sent after Celstia or he could move the elements. If we go after one we risk exposing the other. We could also go after him directly and try and buy time for my team to get the elements for us, but without there protection we could be in serious trouble. It will also delay the push on the changelings which could allow them attack more innocents or even attack Canterlot if Discord IS behind there change, which we still do not know for sure... and there is till the issue of whoever is helping him."

He looks around again, this time looking very carefully at each pony in turn. "Considering where the pattern of attacks and action have transpired, if there was an outside agent, it would have been somepony close to the bares or the investigation and since we are dealing with changelings... that means that we could well have a traitor in our mites. So whatever we do and however we spit up, it will have to be very carefully."

Message edited by Duhad - Wednesday, 2013-08-28, 9:12 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2013-08-30, 3:48 AM | Message # 290
Colonel general
"Traitor huh, sounds serious"

Zack turns quickly to the voice, A dark gray unicorn stallion in the entrance "Zach!? What are you doing here?"

"notice somepony missing from your party" Zach said promting Zack to look around and notice that one Filly was missing "that's right NightBlade came and got me" walking closer his voice devoid of emotion

Zack starts to move towards him "But why are you he-" Zack is cut off by a purple fireball from the dark grey stallion "Zach? What the Buck was that for?"

the darker stallion stood in a combat stance unsheathing his pitch black saber holding it in his magic on his left side "simple brother, I'm the one feeding the changelings info" He said standing tall

"what, why?" his face soon changing to confusion "how?"

"irrelevant" Zach struggles out a soft glow from his drawing Zack attention to a small black and green circlet fitting tightly around his horn and head

the hay is that don't know but it doesn't look good thanks captain obvious Zack thought taking to his hind legs and readying his katana

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-08-30, 4:52 AM | Message # 291
Generalissimo
The elements line up, readying for a fight. The three regulars move to stand at gaurd in front of the general as Luna's eyes and horn blaze with power.

"Your out numbered and out matched. Drop the sword and surrender son." The general eyes are fixed on the ring.

*Your magic is still suppressed, but with six elements, three soldiers, a princess and two trained fighters assembled against him, you should be able to beat your own brother. The strategy for the group is up to you. Oh and he is not the traitor, but you have meet him/her a few times already and I have been leaving hints his/her true true identity since near the beginning of the story. If you can figure it out then so will Zack. You still have a bit of time to figure it out so don't worry about it to much yet.*

Message edited by Duhad - Friday, 2013-08-30, 4:52 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2013-08-30, 6:03 AM | Message # 292
Colonel general
Music - ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvJguVoX-jI )

"stand down, all of you this is my brother so its my fight" Zack steps forward letting his katana float beside him "Zach I don't know what's gotten into you but I'll find out" he shouted grasping his katana {tempo shift} clashing they both jump back before rushing each other and begin clashing rapidly "have you forgotten what Father taught us 'to weld" he said knocking Zach back "in your magic" giving chase "is to let" ramming Zach with his shoulder "your body become weak" he finished giving Zach a hard double barreled buck to the chest sending him sliding across the floor. "now let's get that thing off you" he said approaching Zach as he lay on the ground perfectly still

"must....obey" Zach whispered weakly "Moonlight Minuet" Zack only had enough time to look up before the assault began, a torrent of purple orbs began flying at Zack barely avoiding them till Zack catches one coming at him from behind, positioning him self right he gets launched at Zach leaving him open, Zack swings barely nicking Zach but cutting the circlet off causing him to faint {end music}

"I got ya" Zack said catching his brother "so that circlet was controlling you huh"

"ugh.... Zack? what are you- where are-" Zach tries to put something together but stops when he sees the circlet "Zack was that on me?" getting a nod from him Zach flies into a rage "Chrysalis you whench," slamming his hoof down next to the pieces causing them to erupt in a pillar of black fire "how dare you use a Slave Crown on me"

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-08-30, 6:30 PM | Message # 293
Generalissimo
{Just as a quick note from someone who works with and for a blacksmith. Katanas a beautiful, incredibly hard to make and sharp as all hell. They could definitely make cut a metal band like that crown, but I would be careful about crossing blades with it, because do to the way they are made and the fact that to fold the metal in the way you do to make them, the katana is one of the more fragile types of sword out there. The only way to block with one is near the hilt where the metal is strongest, but even then the katana's own sharpness dose mean that even that will ware the blade down badly.

The reason I bring this up is that Equestria is not the kinda of place where you can replace a master work blade like that easily and if it brakes... well there is a reason samurai carried 3 to 4 blades into battle with them.}

"What happened to you?" Dash stares at Zach with concern.

"I have never even heard of a magical band that could control a pony!" Twilight looks shocked as she stares at the remains of the band.

"I have." Luna states, anger clear in her voice. "We had thought we had destroyed all of Sombra's 'toys', but it would seem we missed attest one."

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-08-31, 2:12 AM | Message # 294
Colonel general
{if there is a formal military then there has to by those trained to care and make their weapons right? and as to the strength of Zack's it is made of mythril so it can't even be nicked by anything less than Adamantite, and Zach's is made of Ebonite (a tough material that once forged can't be broken), both can channel and enhance magic}

"he's probably the one who taught her how to make one," Zach's mood only worsens "I swear Chrysalis, when I get my hooves on you you'll never see the sun again" he shouted giving off a pulse of purple energy that dies quickly "Zack what day is it?"

"uhh.. the 20th I think"

Zach's eye widen as he slumps to the ground and starts drawing circles with his hoof "dang it, I've been out for two weeks, I'm starting to think the world doesn't want me to have a special somepony, every time I get close to a date something happens, first I get my memories back, then you and Professor Hatter, then the Darkness event, now this. I had a date Zack, tell me where Chrysalis is." he finished looking around and stopped when he spotted Luna, taking a bow "Princess I'm so sorry I didn't address you sooner, Lunar Guard Private First class Zach Marcus at your service your highness"

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-08-31, 9:02 PM | Message # 295
Generalissimo
{That's the thing. Most army's would not make them because they are relay bad swords for fighting with. They where used in Japan because the island had no good iron, so katanas where a way of taking bad metal and unseeing it make reasonable weapons from it. Once Japan got good iron and made a professional military the katana was replaced by the guntō as a better, stronger and easier to learn replacement. The katana is more of a status weapon, since its hard to make and VERY hard to use without breaking, the weapon is a testament to the wealth and self control of the owner. I can see Zake and his brother having ones down from there family, but even if the show did not use a greco roman art style for weapons and armor, the army smiths would make gutō. Especially since light, lose strikes (the fighting style of katanas) require a very lose grip. Something unicorns could do, but not earth ponies and pegues.}

Luna nods. "I believed I had recognized your face. If you are half the pony your brother is, then it is indeed opportune that we should meet you here. First, though tell us, if you can, of the ware about of the importer who has caused such destruction to our land?"

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-08-31, 10:57 PM | Message # 296
Colonel general
{Zach's is a family heirloom from their mother's side but Zack made his himself with the help of the Guard forge master who did offer other molds but Zack choose Katana, and his style is designed around swift strikes}

"my princess, I'm sorry but the last strategy meeting I remember had naught but a update on what towns were being affected by the mysterious clouds and a update on Canterlot's defenses" he said rising to his hooves

"he did ask what day it was so I doubt he knows Cloudsdale has been badly damaged" Zack said nonchalantly but once he saw Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's saddened looks "Oh dang, me and my big mouth, I'm sorry Dash, Shy I'm such an air head"

"what! Cloudsdale was attacked!?"

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-09-01, 4:44 AM | Message # 297
Generalissimo
Fluttershy tunes away and Dash blinks hard, clearly trying to hind the tears that are forming at the corners of her eyes.

Luna bows her head. "I am afraid that Cloudsdale has been largely destroyed by the invaders."

"Where there-" Zach begins, but is cut off.

"Yes." General Songbirds voice is stiff and his face has set in a mask of expressionless military professionalism. "The cities population defended there homes valiantly and where joined by members of a secret society run by one Dashing Orange, but the attackers where bettered trained, stronger and aided by the false Queen in the form of Nightmare Moon." He pauses as Dash turns and walks a few paces away, viably shaking and Fluttershy half stifled a sob. The General's voice dose not change, but his eyes shift away as he adds. "We don't yet have proper numbers, so we are not sure how many will recover and how many of the missing where just taken by the changeling and who thus can still be saved."

Luna looks away as well as Twilight's eyes widen. They both can tell that the general knows more then he is saying. Finding the element bares would have been a top priority after they went missing and locating there family's would have been the first place to start.

You can't tell if the general trying to avoid hurting the girls then he needs to now or if he just dose not want them to be subjected to that kinda of emotional damage at such a critical moment, but whatever the reason he knows what has happened to there family's and dose not want to tell them.

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2013-09-02, 8:43 PM | Message # 298
Colonel general
Zack nods towards Rarity who starts walking to Fluttershy as he walk towards Rainbow Dash "RD you gonna be ok?"

"y.y.yea j.j.just give me a minute" she said shakily, Zack nodded and started to walk off but was stopped by Rainbow putting her hoof up to him "Zack tell me, the one who did that to Cloudsdale was Chrysalis right?"

"I'm not sure Rainbow, but whoever it was will pay for their crimes of that you have my word" Zack said looking her in the eyes and put his hoof up and received a bump from her "alright we need to work out a game plan"

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Monday, 2013-09-02, 8:45 PM

DuhadDate: Monday, 2013-09-02, 9:30 PM | Message # 299
Generalissimo
Apple Jack and Pinkie move over to be with Dash as Rarity comforters a silently sobbing Fluttershy. Twilight looks like she would like nothing more then to help console her friends, but she braces herself and joins you, Luna and the Genial.

Luna looks at Songbird and asks, "This unicorn of yours. Do you believe he can stop my sister?"

Songbird nods. "Alone no pony alive can stand against her, but together given the power of the Alicorn Amulet they can stop her long enough to buy us the time we need to get the elements."

"That artifact is highly dangerous." Luna warns, looking stern. "He will not likely surrender it easy, even if he is successful."

Songbird nodded. "A risk I am willing to take, given the dire circumstances. Still this leaves us with a few chooses, none of them obvious. We need the elements of harmony to have a chance at fixing things without serious blood shed, but we also need to find out if Discord is indeed free and if so what he is doing." He looks at Luna. "I would suggest that we split up. If Luna helps my forces we have a better chance to stop Celestia" He looks to Twilight "and if there bares make a b line for the elements then there is less of you being intercepted and you can avoid most of the fighting." Finale he turns to you. "And considering your investigation I would advise you to take your brother and look into Discord. The two of you will be no match more him, but if you can find his agent, you might be able to discover his plan and put a stop to it before his interference spoils our last chance at saving this nation."

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2013-09-02, 10:04 PM | Message # 300
Colonel general
"well, looks like we're going after another 'God' Zach!" Zack said with a smirk

"I was starting to wonder how long it would be" Zach answered with smirk of his own

"ZACK!!!!" yelled a small dark blur as it tackled Zack "Zack, I thought you were a goner" the filly known as Nightblade said nuzzling him as a small dark green Pegasus colt landed next to them

"haha Night, Thrill what are you doing here"

"she came home and told me you were in danger, I just had to come and help" the colt said with small voice but all could hear a slight buzz in it

Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz