MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
A New Nightmare
ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-09-10, 6:33 AM | Message # 316
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Zack snatches his sword "watch it, I made this with my own two hooves" checking the blade for imperfections "do you know how hard it is to forge Mythril" he said while sheathing the green katana "now Songbird, we need to figure out how to stop all this"

DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2013-09-10, 8:59 AM | Message # 317
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Songbird dose not take his eyes from Discord, but its clear that he is well aware that even together with your brother, Shinning Armor and the princess all at full strength you would barely be a match for the spirit of chaos in the middle of a civil war.

"If Discord is not going to help the changelings then we still have a chance." Songbirds eyes close as he thinks. "Princess Luna and Celestia's student will have reached her by now, so I doubt any of us will be safe near them till that fight is over. For now we need to make sure that the invaders don't get in to the places while the princess shield spell is down."

Discord withdraws a large bag of popcorn from his ear and begins to much on it with gusto. "Now this should be exciting!"

ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-09-10, 11:56 PM | Message # 318
Colonel general
"sounds like a plan, I'm sure I can handle a few invaders" he said with an air of confidence May, Tempest, Twilight, Nightblade, Thrill, Mar, Zan I hope your all safe.

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 1:26 AM | Message # 319
Generalissimo
"Right, your brother can take care of things here and I need to go and really my forces. You head to the main gate and see what is out there. If anypony tires to get in, ANYPONY AT ALL, turn them away! We don't have time to set up a cheek point and if we can do this right we will only need to hold out for a little while. Hold main gate with any loyal ponies who are still in that area, I will be there with as many spears as I can muster. If the main entrance is still ours by then, we should be able to hold the place against anything less then a full attack while Celestia is dealt with." Songbird retrieves his sword and runs out the door.

Discord similes and slowly floats up though the roof. Before he is complexly gone you hear a low chuckle. "Good luck with that...

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 3:29 AM | Message # 320
Colonel general
"Zach, is he gonna be ok?" Zack said concerned for his surrogate brother

"yes he is a tough pony, I'll keep this place safe you go hold the gate like Songbird said."

"I can't, not until I know everyone is safe"

"it's the best way to keep everyone safe." Zach shouted, after a moment Zack conceded and left for the gate

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 4:02 AM | Message # 321
Generalissimo
Across the place lay wounded and resting ponies. A few bodies of the monsters changeling abominations can be seen where they where slain, though weather they where impersonating guards or regulars you cannot say.

As you make your way towered the gate, other ponies fall into step behind you. Regulars and guards, Shadowbolts and even a few members of the staff, they seem some what lost and confused by the carnage around them and follow you as much because you clearly have a goal as much as because of your rank or association with the rebel general.

By the time you reach the gate you have attest a dozen ponies behind you. Out the grate double door you can see four guards holding back a crowed of ponies.

As you watch you see a pony shift forms slightly in the crowed to look much younger then it had a second ago. With a rush the changing takes advantage of a lowered spear to throw itself nonfataly upon it.

There are screams as the unlucky gaurd pulls back his weapon, clearly horrified by what it appeared he had done, but the reaction of the crowed was far worse. With a collective roar of horror and rage the throng of despite ponies rushed the gourds who now stand no chance against the murder's mass of despite ponies.

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 10:55 AM | Message # 322
Colonel general
"two who can fly, go close the gate, the rest hold the line, non fatal combat only unless you spot changeling" Zack said aloud to those following him, time seemed to slow as the horde of ponies draws near my friends and family will not be threatened by a mindless mob, I will not lose here, for May and Tempest, for Nightblade and Thrill, for Zach, Zan, Mar, Twilight, AJ, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rarity "FOR EQUESTRIA" Zack yells causing the ones behind him to yell as well and follow him in his charge.

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-09-11, 9:48 PM | Message # 323
Generalissimo
Your followers are swallowed in the mass angers ponies. You can hear shouts and calls from the crowed, but you can't see anything as you fend off more then a dozen ponies all rushing you at once. You can't tell the changelings in the chaotic crowed, but once you feel a hoof strike with far more force then any normal pony should manage. Before long you see members of the mob pick up stones, pools and even the dropped spears of fallen guards. While some of them may be changelings, there are to many for it to seem likely that there are not attest some true ponies in the crowed.

There is no sign of thous who followed you, but as it is only your extensive training that has carried you even this far against the mob without resorting to killing you can only hope they fled, where spared or did not resort to blood shed to save there own lives. Now however there is a more pressing problem, unless you are willing to stand and kill indiscriminately, then the hoard of rapidly arming ponies will drag you down and kill or seriously injure you. If you retreat you might still escape without risking killing innocents, but at the cost of the place being beached by both angry rioters and changeling worriers, a situation that could shatter any hope of saving the places and thous who either stayed to defend it or to wounded to flee.

The elements may well still save the day, but the price would be high.

If you could intimidate the crowed you might be able to hold them off long enough for the general to arrive, but overwhelmed, magically and physically exhausted and with only moments to act, the only way to do that may well be to show the mob exactly how fatal of a mistake trying to push past you would be. They are gangrenous, have changeling in there mildest and may well have already killed thous who trusted you enough to follow you into battle, but they are still citizens of Equestria...

{As a point, when facing a much larger force where you have the advantage of heaving better fighters on you side, a chock point like the gate where you can avoid being surrounded is generally a safer bet. It would have meant abandoning the guard, but unless you where willing to risk killing alto of innocents by waving your sword at them while they had ponies behind them pushing thous in front at your blade without realizing the danger, there was little you could do for the guards. Alternatively you could have just shut the gate. That would not have held them for long, but it would have bout sometime.

I think your chose was the only moral one you could make and so I will not say it was wrong, because it was not. I just want you to understand that I am not forcing you into this situation where you have to make a terrible chose because I am sadistic, but but just because this is the out come of the last choice. Each choice has consequences and sometimes in war doing the right thing and standing by our morals is the hardest thing we can do.}

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-09-12, 9:24 AM | Message # 324
Colonel general
Zack's eyes stare forward into the mob as he reaches back to his sword "Listen well, I will not let any of you past, if you come at me with lethal intent I will fight you will lethal force" flourishing his sword and striking his stance "if protection is what you seek then I shall as my mark demands but if bedlam is what you seek then I shall stop you" he knows he can defend himself against any number of the untrained masses but the well trained Changelings amongst them could be a problem 'May if this is to be my final hour then I'm glad you know I love you' only now does Zack recall part of May and Tempest's talks 'raise it well May, raise our child well' his stance solidifies as his resolve does.

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-09-12, 6:38 PM | Message # 325
Generalissimo
The mob charges! A rain of rocks and sharp pieces of plaster fly at you as spear tips and Hooves fly at you from all directions. With a smaller blade you might be able to prioritize targets and with a blunt weapon you might have avoided killing blows, but with no room to swing each slash finds a mark, intentional or no. Once or twice you see the greenish blood of the changelings, but more often then not your sowed trails red as it arcs though the crowed.

Fortunately the  changelings also seem to be having trouble you in the mass, so while you are stabbed with spears and stuck with jagged stones and hard hooves, no single blow manages to cripple you.

After what feels like hours, but could not have been more then twenty minutes you hear a cry from the places and the crowed is broken as a force of armed and armored ponies crash into them.

As the crowed brakes you can see that the ground around you is stained with blood. Bodies of changelings and ponies alike lay dead or dying in a circle around you. Further away the bodies of your compassion lay where they feel. You know that if not from there sacrifices the changelings would have overwhelmed you as the single threat, but its cold comfort to see the cost of such bravery.

General Songbird gallops into view, cheeking bodies for survivors. When he sees you his eyes go wide and he calls for a medic. He quickly moves to your side and begins to cheek your injury's. "Your lucky to be alive solder! You will have plenty of scares to show for this day, but no vitals where hit." He chuckles, a strained and worried laugh that is anything, but reassuring. "Your probably the luckiest pony I have ever seen! A few more minutes without care and you would have bleed out, some of these stabs a little to the left or right and you would have died before we got here... You have something watching over you, that's for sure!"

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2013-09-13, 10:26 AM | Message # 326
Colonel general
Zack's remain stoic for a good five minutes let what he had done sink in "I've always been one lucky, in the words of my friend Tanzanite, son of a salamander" his words monotone and lifeless "you should have seen what I looked like as I died at the hooves of Eternal Darkness" even as the medic began tending his wounds, no emotion or show of pain pass across his face

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-09-13, 7:06 PM | Message # 327
Generalissimo
The general nods and continues to talk to you, but it is clear that he sees your strange words and lack of reaction as a sign of shock, which you realize, might be the case as the world seems distant and cold. Songbirds words grow fainter as the world starts to fade.

You don't feel yourself fall over, but you know you must have because the world has gone sideways. You see the medic turn your head and examine your eyes, but before he can do anything else a shout, the sounds like its come from a thousand miles away come from some where you cannot see and the medic fly's out of view as ponies line up and a roaring mass of something closes in.

Then there is darkness.

You are standing on the bank of a river. The land is dark and burnt and the river runs red. Looking into the rive you can see that there are ponies swimming in it, but they are pale and unreal looking. You recolonize some as the ponies that followed you to the gate and others as ponies who you have known before, who's lives where ended either at your hooves or while standing besides you.

From down the rive you see a bout slowly sailing towered you. It has no sail or ores, but never once sties to either side. As it draws closer you see a familiar pony is riding in the boat, staring at you.

Eventually the boat holds up at the bank alongside you and Bottle Rocket waves. "Hello Zack. Its only been about a day since we last meet, but send me to the moon if it has not felt so much longer!"

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-09-14, 2:46 AM | Message # 328
Colonel general
"so my luck ran out huh?" Zack said sadly "here's hoping my bro can teach my kid" about to step on the boat

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-09-14, 9:15 AM | Message # 329
Generalissimo
Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nH1rCXv36A

"Well I am sure that he would do a grate job with that." Bottle Rocket says stepping in front of the other pony. "But before you give up why don't we have a little talk."

The smaller stallion sits down and gestures for you to do the same on your side. "I was a little worried that this might be harder for you to accept, but its clear that you have picked up on the basics like a champ!" Bottle Rocket gives you an encouraging smile, which has the unfortunate effect of shifting his shadowbolt's uniform to revile the jagged wound, still running up his neck.

Seeing that you noticed it he flushes slightly and tugs up the uniform to hid the wound. "Well as you have guessed your in the borderlands" He points up to the reddish gray skies. "Above us and up the river is the world of the living." He points down the river to where the river disperse into a white mist. "And that way lies the lands of the dead. Don't let the name fool you though, there quite a bit nicer then here!" Bottle Rocket looks around at the blacked Fields and river of blood. "I mean, that's not really saying alto I guess, but I think they meant for it to be this way. The lands of the living have there highs and lows and the dead lands are quite lovely, but the borderlands are just terrible. Gets folks to hurry up and move on rather then just wait around."

His smile falters slightly as he looks at your wounds. "I asked to wait to see how it all turned out. To see if any of my other friends would need a guild and to watch how it all turned out in the end. I was really hoping you would have helped Dashing Orange. I think he might have found a better solution then Songbird. He didn't die, but they only just got him out of his cell and by now its to late to change anything."

Bottle Rocket shakes his head and continues. "It dose not matter to much now. You did not save everypony you could have and you got yourself pretty beat up, but Celestia was defeated and between Luna and the elements of Harmony the changelings will lose. As for you, I guess you have one last chose to make."

He points up. "Your body is still alive. If you return to it you will probably make it, though I think your days of fighting for Equestira are done. Still you can advise Luna and do your best to help Equestria rebuild. It might not be easy and you will have to live with what you did to the ponies who tried to get past you at the gate today. Still, there are worse things to live with."

He then points down the river. "Or you can come with me. You have earned your rest and any blood on your hooves will be washed clean by the sacrifices you have made. Heck, you can apologize to the ponies you killed and thous you lead to there deaths if you want! Considering they helped killed you and that you died besides them I doubt they will hold much of a grudge. Equestria will go on and Luna will have Twilight, Dashing Orange and Songbird by her side to guild her. You will be remembered as a hero. Your misdeeds will be forgotten or glossed over by your friends. You might not think that's fair, but Equestria needs hero's to live up to. A little white lie will create a myth that can inspire ponies to do better trying to live up to your memoir." He smiles knowingly. "And I have it on good authority that your son will live up to that myth in his own time. Inspired by your legend."

Bottle Rocket steps aside to allow you on the boat. "So would you like to join me and die a hero or return too live a good life? There is no right or wrong answer, just your chose. You earned it."

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-09-14, 11:17 AM | Message # 330
Colonel general
Zack smiles and looks at Bottle Rocket then closes his eyes, contemplating.

Zack sighs "I'm sure Elysium or whatever there is call is nice, but I wouldn't be where I am if I had ever taken the easy way out, so nah but I'll see there you some day just not today, I hope you find peace over there your the one who earned it, I've got to go do right by the families of the fallen and my kid, I won't end up like my dad, leaving my child to train alone" Zack's eyes start to tear up "I wish I could have saved you and everyone else but I swear that the years to follow will be Brighter and you will be remembered" as Zack turns around he smiles "who knows, play your cards right and we might meet again sooner that, see ya!" he said stepping towards the light

Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz