A New Nightmare - Page 3 - Forum

MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Sign Up

Login

RSS


[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 3 of 24«123452324»
Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
A New Nightmare
DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 6:26 PM | Message # 31
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Messages: 1489
Reputation: 4
Status: Offline
"Its the Rainbow Factory and Cloud Shaping." She blurts out quickly, not turning to look at you. "They kept transferring us threw it, but whenever somepony goes in they come out... wrong! Like they don't know who they are. I tried too look in and when it did I saw..." Her voice drops to a near silent whisper, "her..."

Your mouth goes dry as you ask, "Who did you see?"

She turns to look at you and you can see that her tear streaked face looks worn and drawn as thou she had recently had several years of her life taken off. "Nightmere Moon!" She half whispers, hafe sobs.


Message edited by Duhad - Thursday, 2013-01-10, 8:07 PM
 
ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 7:22 AM | Message # 32
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Messages: 839
Reputation: 1
Status: Offline
"what" unable to belive what he just heard "no it can't be" breaking into full gallop knocking out the guards he burst though the door to indeed be face to face with the nightMare her self but at the same time not, shes more like black smoke in armor but those eyes are unmistakeable those teal dagger shaped orbs if anything he stands before Nightmare Moon. Zack knows he stands no chance aginst her but he is going to try.
 
DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 8:20 AM | Message # 33
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Messages: 1489
Reputation: 4
Status: Offline
The guards you had rushed threw slam the doors behind you before anypony else can see what you saw.

Nightmere Moon stands tall and prod on a catwalk overlooking the huge, multilevel cloud shaping facility. Around her dozens of pegasus workers are flying back and fourth, crafting storm clouds that are lifted out into the cloudy sky.


The Princess of the night looks down at you as you rush in, eyes flashing in anger before her mouth curves upward into an an evil grin. "So, they finally sent somepony other then another useless pegasus forepony to investigate? It seems like you where rather determined to find me, as you appear to have broken the laws of nature to accomplish your goal." At this last she chuckles to herself and several of the workers stop what they are doing to join in, thou they seem to be doing it more out of a desire to please rather then actual mirth.

The grate, dark alicorn rears up onto the guard rail, casting an enormous shadow that falls over you. "The door is sealed behind you and you have no wings. You have thrown away your life to find me and hear I am! WAS IT WORTH IT!?!" She bellows this last so loud that you can't help, but wonder how she had not just alerted the all of Cloudsdale, still with her power, silencing a room is probably coltsplay. You can see workers leaving there stations now to start advancing on you. Nightmare Moon, flashes you a wicked grin and asks, "Tell me, what did you hope to accomplish here?"
 
ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 10:07 AM | Message # 34
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Messages: 839
Reputation: 1
Status: Offline
"finding one my sister's friends and I know some lousey shadow fake isn't going to stop me" unshething his sword to defend himself he blocks several attacks before jumping on one workers head to jump to the wall and runs up it to the catwalk where charges the shadow pay attention to her movements, if she has all of Luna's power this could get measy but if only a fraction then I stand a chance, watch for her move and counter!
 
DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 6:40 PM | Message # 35
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Messages: 1489
Reputation: 4
Status: Offline
{For the record, not a shadow. Full, 100% soild nightmare moon. You don't know how its possible, but it looks like the real nightmare moon is hear.}

The works you easy fought throe where easy enough, but as you run towered her the dark alicorn merrily laughs. You can feel power focusing on the princess and before you can reach her she hurls a huge section of two of the catwalks at you!

You dodge, but now you are being pursued by a storm of twisted metal! As it comes screaming at you hear a scream and for a moment the magic controlling the shards loses its hold, allowing you shield yourself from harm. Looking up you see, Princess Luna? She is standing where Nightmere Moon was a moment ago, but she looks pale and haggard. Seeing you she opens her mouth to speak, but then falls from sight. There is a stillness in the room as everypony looks towered where the princess fell, but when a figure dose arise again, it is unmistakably Nightmare Moon.


"Enough of this!" The enraged monster shouts and points at you, "KILL HIM!" She Screams and a hoard of pegasus rush to obey.


Message edited by Duhad - Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 6:41 PM
 
ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 7:40 AM | Message # 36
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Messages: 839
Reputation: 1
Status: Offline
"know this Nightmare moon I will save Luna" getting piled on by pegasi who hear him chant "the Light runs to hide," a few pegasus are confused "letting the Darkness come out to play" more of them are getting worried "break from your cage Darkosis" the peagsi scattered "so your Nightmare Moon I've heard we have alot in common" the stillion that stood there was a much darker color than Zack but his body was the same, his eyes are glowing orange but the most startling change was his cutie mark it had become a blood red moon being run through by a katana "tell me Nightmare Moon why are you here" this dark stillion put on the same pout that Rarity uses before laughing crazily.

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Thursday, 2013-01-10, 2:58 PM
 
DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 9:24 AM | Message # 37
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Messages: 1489
Reputation: 4
Status: Offline
The dark alicorn raise an eyebrow. "Well this is a new trick..." The good like creature looks at her servants and narrows her eyes. "I would normally be quite intrigued to discover the nature of your affliction, but I fear that I cannot allow you to harm my subjects with impunity!" There is a flash of blinding, green light and you find yourself alone with Nightmare Moon.

The workers have been flung to the higher levels of the facility as Nightmare Moon squares off against you personally. From the ceiling hear hear a muffled bang, but it is not repeated and it could easy just have been a stray lightning blot.

"You asked me why I am hear." The harbinger of the night, eternal croons, "I will tell you, a simple favor before I kill you. I am going to have mt revenge and then return this land to its true ruler." And with that, she rears up and brings down both hooves in a blow that cracks the floor. You realize that cloud walking spell or not, if that floor gives way all together, you are going to drop like a stone!
 
ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 2:45 PM | Message # 38
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Messages: 839
Reputation: 1
Status: Offline
"sorry but I don't die that easy but thanks for the info" as he began to fall. Once he was a good distance away from Nightmare Moon he yelled 'Phoenix Pennae' then wings of fire burst from his back dodging indigo lightning he flys away from Cloudsdale landing on the hill telescope still knocked over the wing vanish as he changes back to Zack panting from near mana exhaustion what the buck man you ran away before we could get anything and you know the 'Phoenix Wings' spell drains magic fast Zack thought and was soon answered by Darkosis' voice in his head

come on you and I both know we didn't stand a chance besides we got something

Zack looked confused what?

Think, Zack I know is not your strong suit but try. She said 'return this land to it's true ruler' soooo.

"shes not the leader." his going wider than his eye sockets

Dingdingding give the colt a prize
 
DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 8:33 PM | Message # 39
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Messages: 1489
Reputation: 4
Status: Offline
{For the record I subscribe to the 'burn out' theory of magic for MLP rather then the mane system. Basically the idea is that since Twilight clearly is tired after using lots of magic, magic takes a physical and mental strain on the body, rather then just draining an constantly replenishing pool. Rest and recuperation can heal this just like they can an over worked muscle, but over working your magic can result in a magical burnout, a bit like pulling a mussel. Aging, as long as you did not strain it to hard it will heal, but it can take some time and is not a pleasant recovery.

Other thing. So far you have a powerful alternate personality, are a high ranking guard, an excellent fighter, a spell caster easy on pair with Twilight and you can sprout big old bird wings made of fire. Your character is more powerful then the main six combined right now, so I am putting a cap on things! If you want to pull out more powers then you can try and justify them in the post before you use them, but according to the show its self "Unicorns normally just have a few spells that relate to there special talent, unless your special talent happens to BE magic." Yours is not magic, as it clearly has to do with fighting. You have plenty of ability that have to do with your special talent! I gave you a magical artifact! Power limit reached for this story or eels I am going to have to give you a burn out just so you don't throw down Nightmare Moon all by yourself!}


From the direction of Cloudsdale you hear a massive explosion! Looking back at the city you see the Cloud Shaping facility has been torn open and the tiny shapes are far off peagsi are darting back. Staring your eyes yo can see the peagsi colliding into one another at terrifying speeds. Arcs of green energy crackle across what has clearly become a battle field as the unmistakable form of Nightmare Moon enters the fray.

Strangely, as some of the combatants draw closer in there fighting, neither side seems to be equipped with the gold armor of the guard. Instead it seems like Nightmare Moons traitor peagsi are fighting against peagsi wherein the black and purple of the Shadow Bolts! A uniform worn by the terrorist cult, 'The Children of the Night'!

Why the two sides are fight is a mystery, but neither group has any love for the royal guard and with your horn on the verge of burnout, fighting may not be the best recourse...
 
ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 10:23 PM | Message # 40
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Messages: 839
Reputation: 1
Status: Offline
{Thats the mana system I go with and the 'phoenix wing' spell is highly taxing meaning somepony on Twilight's level could only use it for a maximum of 4-5 minuets anymore and would likely be fatal so its an emergency only kind of spell, Zack is no where near as good at magic as Twilight the only thing going for him is his skill with swords Darkosis isn't stronger than Zack he is just willing to do what Zack won't AKA dark magic and be creepy.}

oh horseapples I got to go if I get caught in that I'm done Zack thought through the headache.

no duh but Zack knew he had to get to Celestia with this info but how and avoid the battle?
 
DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-01-11, 3:15 AM | Message # 41
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Messages: 1489
Reputation: 4
Status: Offline
At that moment a lance of green light stuck one of the shadow blots, sending him caring in your direction! His worker opponent up until that point shouted a cheer and streaked after him. Both the wounded cultist and the relativity fresh worker are hurtling towered your position! Time to make a chose, run and hope that the cultist still has enough fight left in him to distract worker while you try and escape or stay and help the shadow bolt and hope that he is willing to work with you against the more immediate threat posed by the traitors... other traitors? This whole conflict is rather confusing to your worn out brain.

*Think hard, this choice will have consequences*
 
ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 10:24 AM | Message # 42
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Messages: 839
Reputation: 1
Status: Offline
Zack just stand there shaking what are you doing run 'I can't' he literally can't, he won't let himself {his mark stands for the willingness and strength to protect others he also promised his late father he would make this world a better place.} he drew his sword 'I can't hurt ether of them but I got to remember no magic if I use any more I could passout or worse'.
 
DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 10:00 PM | Message # 43
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Messages: 1489
Reputation: 4
Status: Offline
The Shadow Blot hurtles into the ground at your feet, barely conscious, but alive. The uniform covers most of his body, except for his purple mane and blue muzzle. His face and goggles are caked in dirt.

The worker he was fighting lands a few feet away and advance on the two of you. "Stand aside guard!" He sounds on the verge of screaming. "Thanks to him and his we have no reason to keep the true queens presence a secret! Run to your doomed princess and tell her of her reckoning, we only want them!" He jabs a hoof at the fallen Shadow Blot.

The Shadow Bolt coughs and you think you hear a part of a word beginning with L, but you can't be sure.
 
ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 11:43 PM | Message # 44
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Messages: 839
Reputation: 1
Status: Offline
"I .. can't let you do that" Zack says tipsy, the worker be comes angry and charges Zack bearly evades but scores a hoof hit square to the back of the head knocking him unconcious. Turning to the hurt shadow bolt puts a pair of wingcufs on him and takes him to Twilight's agonizing the whole way how am I going to tell her what has happened?
 
DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-01-13, 1:06 AM | Message # 45
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Messages: 1489
Reputation: 4
Status: Offline
As you draw nearer to the small town your prisoner starts to come too. He tires to move his hoofs, discovering there cuffed. "Oh this is just grate." He mutters to himself. (considering your magic is all, but worn out and he is cuffed I amuse you are caring him.) He turns his still masked face towered you and asks, "I spouse you think you have won? WELL GUESS AGING! You may have me, but The Children will not fall so easily! Your false queen dose not fool us!" He punctuates the last with an ineffectual stick on your side. After a moment of silence he adds. "Wait... are you a guard?" He shifts his head to try and get a better look at you, but its clear his dirty, cracked goggles have more or less blinded him. "Your a guard aren't you? Um... would you relive that I just fell out of a costume party at Cloudsdale and this is all a huge misunderstanding?"

Ponys are giving you surprised looks as you walk threw town towered the liberty.
 
Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
Page 3 of 24«123452324»
Search:


Make a free website with uCoz