MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC
ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2014-08-21, 0:14 AM | Message # 211
Colonel general
Group: Checked
tell me Mac didn't just get bit. dude, RD was protecting him from it.

I can't even think of what to put after that.

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Thursday, 2014-08-21, 0:25 AM

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2014-08-21, 1:38 AM | Message # 212
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
You don't know if he has been bit. Colgate knocked him out of the way so did not get chomped, but you can't tell on sight what injures were caused by the force of the magic, the flaming shirt or possible other sources.

So for the time being either assume he was not bite or at the very least don't crush his head with a salt lick just to be safe...

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2014-08-21, 2:56 AM | Message # 213
Colonel general
Group: Checked
oh good, your post didn't make that clear.

ps. I know how to not Meta-game

GMoney24Date: Thursday, 2014-08-21, 3:11 AM | Message # 214
Lieutenant general
Group: Users
perhaps that helped Zack.

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2014-08-21, 4:03 AM | Message # 215
Generalissimo
Thank you G, its good to know that everyone is looking out for one another, both in and out of game. : )

And Zack, I know it can be sorta hard, but if you are having trouble with something like that, the best option is to in character try and resolve the problem. To use that last bit as an example, if you wanted to know if Mac was alive, have Dash fly down to cheek on him and then wait for me to say something or if you can't wait for that, work off of your first assumption. After all, one character thinking another has been killed, only to have them wake up at the end of the scene with a dray quip about still being alive is a staple of books and movies. That sorta thing can be pretty fun really!

Just to be clear though, people can die. I am not going to point the finger of god at anyone and say, "Your dead!" But we have already had Dash's original human partner die, which is why you are now playing her. Heck, if no one came up with a solution to deal with the Sea Serpent attacking Colgate by the time everyone had had a chance to post (assuming that they prioritized other things during that period of time) then my plan was for Mac or Colgate to die on the roof. Either Mac saving Colgate by throwing himself in between her and the next attack or failing and having Colgate die on Mac's watch due to his own lack of planing. (The prisoner would replace Colgate as the one person who knew where to find the lab.) Either way I had plans for how that would effect the surviving character, changing Colgate's stance on humans or breaking Macs self confidence.

Now, obviously that will not happen now since Doc and Rarity saved them and I figured someone would if they did not, BUT this is a game about the end of the world and one about the living dead no less. Death is sorta a huge theme of that sorta story. Another part of having two characters is that if someone wants to let one die, they will have someone to play as till they come up with a new human/pony who will meet and join the group in there place. Aging, not saying anyone SHOULD or will ever have to do that! I love all your characters and don't want to see them die, but it is that kind of story.

TheZombiecamDate: Saturday, 2014-08-23, 3:16 AM | Message # 216
Colonel
Is Smaloki still joining us?

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2014-08-23, 4:34 AM | Message # 217
Generalissimo
I don't know. For now just assume that the only people playing are the ones who have posted within 3 days, otherwise don't post anything that requires them to be there before you can post again. And if someone disappears after 3 days just assume they are gone for awhile and move on with what you wanted to do next if they had replied.

^ General rule of thumb for everyone. If someone is not around for 3 days and you are waiting for them to post to do something with your character, then just move on as if they had responded.

TheZombiecamDate: Saturday, 2014-08-23, 12:09 PM | Message # 218
Colonel
Also, if you cast your mind back to when you did the 'To The End: WW1 and Do Earth Ponies Suck?' I am Australian  eek (I will be awaiting your next post anxiously  devil )

Also, I will hunt Soundspeed down and feast upon his soul for he has indirectly accused me of being one of his various shits!

timeknight24Date: Saturday, 2014-08-23, 5:13 PM | Message # 219
Major general
I totally lost it when Duhad said that Soundspeed told him he pooped Neil Armstrong. I have a sophisticated sence of humor like that.

GMoney24Date: Saturday, 2014-08-23, 7:05 PM | Message # 220
Lieutenant general
I must say it was a glorious live stream I'm so glad I was able to be a part of it. I feel sorta responsible for this conversation. Also here is duhad's video featuring soundspeed 
here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v....ndex=31

timeknight24Date: Saturday, 2014-08-23, 8:57 PM | Message # 221
Major general
Hmmm... seems like our Rarity x Colgate fanfic that we've cleverly disguised as a zombie apocolypse RP is going swimmingly

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2014-08-23, 9:38 PM | Message # 222
Generalissimo
Zombie are an Ozzy? Nice dude! What part of that horrible death trap of an island do you live on?

Dude, pooping astronauts is like the classicist joke ever!

Thank you Gmoney and sure, I will tell Noony that I am totally not responsible for all of that and that it was all YOUR fault! Bwa ha ha ha ha!

What are you... *read's G's last post* oh god...

Duhad McLoud waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were shippers in the base. He didn't see them, but had expected them, now for years. His warnings to Tenma ranger were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.

Duhad was a Fanfic critic for 2 years. When he was young he watched the fans fic writers and he said to dad "I want to write fics, daddy."
Dad said "NO! YOU WILL BE KILL BY SHIPPERS!"

There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the forum sight of the MLPRP he knew there were shippers.

"This is Timeknight," the radio crackered. "You must fight the shippers!"

So Duhad gotted his microphone and made fun of a self insert.

"HE GOING TO MOCK US," said the shippers!

"I will write him into a bad story," said the Mykahn and he wrote the Starfleet. Duhad joked at him and tried to make him laugh. But then the skype call droped and they were trapped and not able to fight.
"No! I must kill the shippers," he shouted!

The radio said "No, Duhad. You are the shippers."

And then, Duhad was a ship RPer.

I knew this shit was going to happen after that Starwars RPG campain in collage!

GMoney24Date: Sunday, 2014-08-24, 0:06 AM | Message # 223
Lieutenant general
Hey we all agreed it was ok. Also Duhad did start this all by himself. But it's good comic relief for a Zombie RP situation who doesn't like a good romantic comedy. Also I promise no cringe.

Message edited by GMoney24 - Sunday, 2014-08-24, 0:08 AM

timeknight24Date: Sunday, 2014-08-24, 1:15 AM | Message # 224
Major general
My comment was meant to be funny. I have no problem with Colgate and Rarity's relationship as long as things don't get too graphically sexual.

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2014-08-24, 2:15 AM | Message # 225
Generalissimo
... god dame it, why did you have to remind me about graphically sexual RPs? :P

Seriously don't worry guys, I am NOT coming down Colgate/Rarity or regretting starting it. Honestly, its cute and something I have never really done before. So no worries, as long as it dose not go into weird graphic sex stuff then I am more then happy to ride this crazy train as far as it will go! : P

The post was more of a joke about it hitting me that I had invited friends of mine who are lesbians to an RP were we were doing the most stereotypical "bunch of dudes sitting around playing girls and making them kiss" 90's nerd thing ever. The jokey story was my way of sorta just saying to myself, "OK, ya in a  certain light that sounds pretty bad, but honestly its really ok and your both self aware and self deprecating enough to not have to worry about how it makes you look. Just have fun and don't worry."

So ya, I am still cool with the adorable ship. : D

Message edited by Duhad - Sunday, 2014-08-24, 8:40 AM

Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz