MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
A New Nightmare
DuhadDate: Friday, 2012-12-28, 9:06 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Rules: OC PCs only pleas. No 'unmentioned/long lost' family of any of the main or secondary characters. No 'One true love's of main or secondary characters.
No dictating the actions of other PCs.
No killing PCs or NPCs without permission.
Being a jerk in characteristic is fine, being a jerk out of character is not.
Please color your texts so it is not light gray on a white background.  This is no longer an issue.

It has been a two years since the elements of harmony restored Luna to her right mind and rightful place besides her sister, but not everypony was thrilled with this turn of events. A radical cult, calling themselves 'The Children of the Night' after Nightmare Moon's personal guard from the first war, have calmed responsibility for a number of acts of vandalism and a few reports of violence against thous associated with the thrown and the elements.

Equally troubling are reports of disappearances, secret meetings held in the oldest and most respected schools of the arcane sciences and of dark clouds being created, then spirited away by masked pegasus to parts unknown.

Compounding all this is the resent disappearance of the Night Princess.

Tensions are high and many, Celestia included fear that the right provocation could lead to wide scale panic.

You, for reasons either professional or personal, have decide to try and get to the bottom of things...

Added (12.28.2012, 9:06 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Sitting on a hill situated just within view Cloudsdale, a pale blue pegues peers at the floating city thou a brass telescopic.

If the letter each of you have anonymously reserved are to be believed, this stallion might have information about resent events.

He seems somewhat oblivious to the world around him.

Message edited by Duhad - Saturday, 2013-02-16, 4:41 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2012-12-28, 12:39 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Checked
why is he looking at Cloudsdale? ugh nevermind a light gray unicorn thought to him self

"excuse me I'am Zack Marcus Colonel of the Royal Guard division 2 under Shining Armor, sir do you know anything of the event involving Princess Luna and these so called Children of the Night?" taking off his helmet to reveal his spikey all white mane save only one streak of dark gray over his left eye and stately silver eye color

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Friday, 2012-12-28, 12:54 PM

DuhadDate: Friday, 2012-12-28, 7:03 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
The pegues jumps, clearly startled. He spins around to face the light gray unicorn and in doing so knocks his telescopic to the ground.

As he turns to face you, you see that his eyes are sunken from lack of sleep and his dark purple mane is tangled and frayed. You get the strong feeling that whatever he is doing, he has been at it for attest a few days.

"I don't know anything!" He blurts out upon seeing your armor. A moment latter he frowns, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, "Wait. You didn't happen to get a letter a few days ago did you?"

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2012-12-29, 1:43 AM | Message # 4
Colonel general
"um... yes I did and it told me to come to you, what of it?" this one definetly knows more than he's letting on, I'll have to try to get more out of him

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2012-12-29, 8:40 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
The pegues looks around, then fixes you with a hard stare. "Did this letter of your come signed? Did it mention me by name?" (It did not on both counts.) He takes a steppe toward you, wings opening.

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2012-12-29, 11:33 AM | Message # 6
Colonel general
taking the movement as a threat his horn begins to glow as does the hilt of the sword on his back but a moment later both glows cease "no it wasn't and didn't, it said 'the stallion on the hill' truth be told I was expecting a black hooded figure like from those doctor whooves books" he cracks a smile and says "I think we got off on the wrong hoof here, your name sir" holding out his hoof.

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2012-12-30, 8:11 AM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
The pegues, cringes back as your horn glows, then visibly relaxes at your words. Tentatively he bumps your hoof and says "My name is Bottle Rocket."

A faint whistle from the direction of Cloudsdale causes him to jump and turn around, looking out at the distant city. Quickly he runs over to the fallen telescope, sets it back upright and starts starring out at the floating city.

"If your letter also did not come with a name," He says as he starts to move the telescope "Then some is playing there cards close to there chest. I got a letter in the mail a few days ago. It said that if I had questions about the the inconsistencies at the weather factory, I should watch the pegasi who go in and out of the factory." He pauses for a moment to write something on hither too unnoticed piece of parchment on the ground before continuing. "For the last few days a consistent number of pegasi have gone into the factory at the beginning of the day, then come out again. Funny things is-" He pusses and writes something else. "Funny things is that there not always the same pegasi."

Message edited by Duhad - Sunday, 2012-12-30, 8:11 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2012-12-30, 8:32 AM | Message # 8
Colonel general
"what?" Zack looks perplexed "I know a few of the workers at the factory personaly and they've never said any thing" he sighs looking solemn "thank you for the lead Mr. Bottle Rocket. I need to go visit Flame Tempest"

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Sunday, 2012-12-30, 8:32 AM

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2012-12-30, 8:52 AM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
"What?" He sounds distracted as he continues look at the cloud city. "Right you visit the flame temple..." His voice trails off into a mumble before he yawns, loudly. He bends down and takes another note, more slowly now and mumbles around the quill in his mouth, "If you need anything, I will be hear or in the village of Ponyvile. I am renting a room there while I conduct my investigation." He goes back the peering thou the telescope and adds, "I don't bother to ask about the place, if you come to town, I will find you."

Message edited by Duhad - Sunday, 2012-12-30, 8:52 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2012-12-30, 9:59 AM | Message # 10
Colonel general
temple? who the hay said any thing about a temple. never mind Zack walks off to visit his friend 'a mare named Flame Tempest.' she lives in Cloudsdale so I'll need a hotair balloon but the closest one is Twilight's. ugh how am I gonna ask her without telling her about the mission without realizing it he was at her door hourseapples judgement time, oh buck what do i say.

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Thursday, 2013-09-05, 6:51 AM

DuhadDate: Monday, 2012-12-31, 2:46 AM | Message # 11
Generalissimo
As you step up to the door you hear muffled crash. Threw a window you can see shifting piles of books, held aloft by the glow of purple magic. A moment latter a tiny purple dragon walks past the window, struggling with a pile of books almost twice his own height. Noticing you, he shouts something you can't quite make out, then with a look of relief, he drops the book pile and disperse.

A second latter the door opens and the same baby Dragon opens the door. His friendly smile falters slightly when he sees you are wearing guard armor. "Hello?" It comes out more as a question then a greeting.

[Out to Boston. Posting resumes on the first, sooner if I can get an internet connection]

Message edited by Duhad - Monday, 2012-12-31, 2:47 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2012-12-31, 1:06 PM | Message # 12
Colonel general
"hey Spike its been a while."

"I'm sorry you are?"

looking confused and hurt for a second before remembering duh I've still got my armor on thus takes his helmet off.

"whoa Zack I didn't recognize you, still can't get used to the spells on that armor. Hey Twilight, Zack's here."

almost instantly the lavender unicorn's head snaps around and she trots over to the door and hugs Zack. "whats up" she said nerviously.

good godess I don't want to lie to you, your brother trained me and practically raised me after my mom died we're like brother and sister {no this isn't shippy Zack has a marefiend in Canterlot named Merry Heart} "oh nothing just on assignment in Ponyville and thought i'd drop by" looking past them to the obvious signs of major studing going on "what are you studing for?"

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Monday, 2012-12-31, 1:26 PM

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-02, 8:08 AM | Message # 13
Generalissimo
{Not a problem, but please just tell me about that kinda of thing first so I can incorporate it, OK? Thanks. At lest if its main cast related. I just like avoiding having to retcon things because they clash with PC's backgrounds or heaving people fighting over who's character relationship to the preexisting characters should be the RPs cannon. Just be clear now or don't complain if things get weird because I am not a mind reader. Thanks aging.}

The Purple mere instantly brightens at your last question. "The princess,"She catches herself, remembering that for you, 'the princess' is not precisely narrowing it down. "Celestia asked me to read up on 'The Children of the Night' for her. Things around hear have been fairly quite, (a result of careful, secret surveillance by un-glamoured guards under the joint order of Celestia and Shining Armor) but I have read the news reports." She blinks rapidly and you realize that she is trying not to cry. "I asked her if there was anything we could do to help, but she just quickly wrote me back, saying that I should write her a report on the group's history and that none of my friends should leave Ponyville until I heard back from her." She blinks aging and turns to looks back at the piles of books, blocking any attempt to comfort her. "I think Celestia is afraid and that she is just creating busy work to keep me and my friends hear in town. Every history I can find that concerns 'The Children' credits Dashing Orange as an author, consultant or reviser and I know he works at Celestia's own school as a history teacher, so she can't really need my help in finding out more about them!"

She stamps a hoof in frustration.

Spike, for his part has been looking between the two of you, clearly uncomfortable. Next to a desk piled high with books you can see a wastebasket full of crumpled up letters. Judging by the way he is rubbing his right forclaw, its not hard to gather that he has been writing and re-writing a letter to the Princess, containing some version Twilight's outburst.

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-02, 9:07 AM | Message # 14
Colonel general
{srry}

"Twi you've got to stop beating your self up. Luna getting ponynapped was not your fault" Twilight now on the verge of crying so Zack put a hoof on her sholder "Twily, I asure you the Guard, my comrades, and I will bring her back" sniffling she calms down "but the Princess is right, you and your friends need to stay here were its safe. We need the use of your hotair baloon may we?"

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-01-03, 8:50 AM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
Twilight sniffs and gives you an appreciative smile. "Thank you and of course you can use the balloon. Its stored near the edge of town, along with a few others that belong to the town and verses ponys around town. I am sure you know what looks like."

Spike suddenly jumps forward, "I could show you where it is!" He looks over at Twilight, face positively glowing with excitement. "Can I show him?" He asks, sounding like a child asking for an ice cream on a hot day.

Twilight looks from the baby dragon to you, confusion clear on her face. She shrugs slightly, sending the clear signal to you that its your decision have Spike join you or not.

Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz