MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Training the Guard.
ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2013-01-07, 5:57 AM | Message # 31
Colonel general
Group: Checked
the door opens suddenly "how long have you three been there?" startled the team finds themself bing pulled into the room by a dark indigo aura "Zack, evesdropers"

Zack is sitting in a large chair looking many years older than he really is he points at a pendant on a table and Weaver quickly leaps to grab it. Zach starts to move but Zack put up a hoof to stop him. she picks it up and is suddenly filled with an overbearing feeling of dread and paranoia. "You might want to give that to me quickly" she complied posthaste the moment it touched his hoof he started to look a bit younger as he puts it on "your wondering what this is?"

Weaver nods "it is a pendant made from king Sombra's crown." Now getting a good look at it the silver chain and the crown shaped medal with a moon stone set in it. Zack gets up "i'm going to assume you heard everything, put your minds to rest, it would have taken five generations for ponies to become as weak I am. every generation since Luna's fall have gotten weaker and weaker there used to be a whole clan that could do what Zach can do. Evey one of you has found an old strength, Spell Weaver you've found an ancient school of magic, Rockbreaker you found an old earth pony selfdefence technic called 'Geomancy' to move the earth, Bottle Rocket the blades you still wear were insired by the pegasus technic you found called 'Wingblade' to turn your wings into swords" Zack smiles at them as they cring "your not in trouble, but I must insist you keep this a secret. Ok?"

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 4:53 AM

DuhadDate: Monday, 2013-01-07, 9:11 AM | Message # 32
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
They nod in agreement.

Bottle Rocket eyes linger on the pendent for a moment before looking up at his superior officer. "I think we all know how important it is to keep these things secret, if word got out about the guard being reduced in strength, it could lead to big trouble and Equestria has enough monsters running around with out more thinking that they can just waltz right in." His voice is serious and his exasperation is a mask of neutrality, but Spell Weaver and Rockbreaker can see that the pegasus's tail and back legs are twitching slightly, an indication that there comrade is trying very hard to bottle up his emotions. The twitching causes the the fuse on his cutie mark to wiggle slightly, creating the alarming illusion of the fuse burning down to light the rocket.

Bottle Rocket maintains his outward (from the front attest) veneer of calm professionalism as he asks, "My two companions hear learned to use there special combat forms on there own, but you singled me out and gave me thous blades. Did you know what was going to happen? Where you planing on it or where you just going to have Spell Weaver and Rockcrusher-"

"Rockbraker."

"-Rockbraker, sorry man, I'm bad with names, hear just fight pegasus recruits till one of them used the wingbalds right?" His eyes flit briefly to the pendent then quickly scan the rest of the room before locking back onto Zacks. The Light Blue pegasus's voice and face remain flat and even.

Spell Weaver noticed that the wing that she had manged to hit in there duel, which was still slightly bent was flexing ever and flexing ever so slightly. Considering that he was essentially working a badly bruised mussel she guessed that the movement must be fairly painful. A useful trick for trying to distract oneself from strong emotions like anger and sadness. For a second she could have sworn she saw the light end of the fuse of his cutie mark move up towered the rocket, but it was merely a trick of the light. Still...

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2013-01-07, 1:01 PM | Message # 33
Colonel general
"truth be told, I saw something in you like how I see you bottling your emotions." Zack said with a frown "don't. I've always been able to see every detail so please don't try to hide any thing from me."

"yea every little small detail sure but big ones elude you like your's and my anniversary" Zach said with a scowl.

"your never let going to that go are you?"

"I know May And Luna aren't."

"ok enough of that, Bottle Rocket what I saw in you was your heart. You came here with the purpose of becoming strong so you can make your friends and family strong. I can respect that but know that the only way your going to get stronger is hard work." a sadistic grin speads across Zack's face "and i've got the perfect sparring partner for your team" he said while placing his sword on his left sholder and chants "Light runs to hide, letting the darkness come out to play, break from your cage Darkosis."

Zack's coat darkens to charcoal, his hair inverts, his eyes turn a bright orange, even his cuite mark changed to a blood red moon being run though by a katana "hello filly and colts my names Darkosis it literally means 'dark disease' but you can refer to me as the dark part of Zack's heart overcompensating for being ecllipsed by his overbearing light." the shadow stillon said with a scary matter factly tone.

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 5:03 AM

DuhadDate: Monday, 2013-01-07, 11:35 PM | Message # 34
Generalissimo
"****!" Bottle Rocket's wings fly open and he drops in to a clearly defensive stance. "Rockbraker left side, Spell Waver right!" His words a quick and clipped. His eyes flick to the pendent once aging before quickly looking for any form of weapon.

:Inside the head of Bottle Rocket: Oh this is bad... That pendent is dark magic, the lieutenant is a monster and Equestria is in serious danger! I could run, maybe escape and try and get help, but that would leave Spell Weaver and Rockbraker to that... thing! This whole room is to small! I need room to Vancouver and Spell Weaver won't stand a chance if she is forced to fight with thous shields in such a cramped space, piratically if she dose not intend to smash me and Rockbraker!

If I only I had some blasting caps or even just some photo flash powder I could make a distraction and buy us some time. If we can get him outside and then come in from diffident angles we might have more luck... assuming that he can't just hit all three of us at the same time...

Wait a minute, what did Zach say about Luna and how long have I been standing hear thinking? Uh oh...
:

ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 2:38 AM | Message # 35
Colonel general
Zach looses a large sigh "Zack you stupid .... I'm sorry Zack once again forgot to explain, he tamed Darkosis a long time ago."

Darkosis' grin widened "Yea I not going hurt ya, well not unless Zack gives me the ok"

"Darkosis stop scaring them" Zach barked

"oh quit being a party pooper," Dark's grin flashed "hey hows about some inside info, the first time I got out was when Zack found the bandits who killed his dad but was too yellowtail to do anything about them" he looked around at the looks of anger and disgust "I didn't kill any of them Zack wouldn't let me but he did, put his sword though the heart of the earth pony of who was directly responsible form his father's death" even Zach had a look of disbelivef "technicly the earth pony attacked Zack after he let him live, but whos keeping track of stuff like that?"

as the rest walked out Zach kept Rocket "I saw you looking at the pendant theres not enough dark magic in that to corrupt Zack I can sense it." now all are walking to the training field where they see Fever Pitch a small green pegasus colt with blond spikey hair and dozens of swords in tornadow formation as a cuite mark.

Fever flaps his left wing once and a small cyclone in front of him with a flap of his right the cyclone dashs forward with several silver creasents inside it towards a straw dummy, when the dust clears the dummy is in pieces "OH MAN, Rock is gonna be so proud I finaly mastered 'creasent moon cyclone'."

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 5:08 AM

DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 7:57 AM | Message # 36
Generalissimo
Bottle Rocket seems utterly unconvinced at the explanation given, but follows the others into the yard. His eyes follow the dark unicorn as he asks Spell Weaver, "Do you know if any of what they are saying is true? It sounds a bit fishy to be. Far as I know there was only one pony who had a dark half that was all dark and scary like that and she did not exactly resolve it all nice and cozy like that." He pauses then adds, almost as an after thought, "And what do you think the story is behind that pendant?" Despite his best efforts Bottle Rocket can't quite keep himself from sounding just a little over interested in the fallen kings magical talisman. His voice is too low to be heard, by anypony, but Spell Weaver.

Looking at him, she can see his eyes narrow and brow furrow looking at the charcoal unicorn in the same way they had when he had first seen Shining Armor. A tingle of unease ran down Spell Weavers spine.

ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 8:51 AM | Message # 37
Colonel general
"I don't know, I mean I felt something from that pendant but it was just dread not anything corruptive" not even convincing her self "but your right I don't trust this Darkosis eth-" getting cut off by Darkosis

"you know its not nice to talk behind ponies backs, and for clarification Zack and I are not on nice and cozy, we have a deal he keeps majority control and I get to have fun every other night." the word 'fun' puts all four off "oh by.... ugh not that, he lets me go into the Everfree at night and kill anything that attacks me" chuckling eviliy.

"just for refrence how many ponies have you killed" Weaver asked with a loud gulp.

"hum... let me think, just two" all four now very confused "the first was a rapist in Trotingham, the other was from manehattan" his look when for evil grin to deep scowl in point ten seconds flat "an orphan slave dealer" a heavy silence passed over the five till Darkosis grined "oh the things Zack let me do to her, I let him keep full control for months." laughing manicaly

"remind me not to piss Zack off." Rock said though his chattering teeth.

Zach gulped "don't worry to much just don't abuse small animals or your fellow pony and you'll be safe."

"hey Rock, did you see that I finally it got down" snapping Rock and the others out of there fear, Rock smiled and put a hoof on his head. "whats up, oh sweet a sparring match, who up first."

"you all are, four on one, shall we begin?"

music

{Darkosis will have no trouble blocking all four but counter attacking isn't going to be easy}

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 9:10 AM

DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 6:44 PM | Message # 38
Generalissimo
Bottle Rockets wings wings rise as he flashes Spell Weaver a nasty smile, "Ever wanted a nice legal excuse to fight a guard? I am betting he will block most of are attacks so hear is the plan. Tag team! ROCK, FEVER flak him and give him your best wen Spell Weaver sends her storm of diamonds at him. I want all three of them hitting at once!"

"And where will you be during all that?" Spell Weaver asks, "Can't help, but notice you did not mention yourself attack the evil Zack?"

Bottle Rocket grins, "I am going to be in in the middle of your spell. When it hits, he will deflect it and I will rush it to try and tag him when he is off!"

Spell Weavers jaw dropped. "Your insane! You will get battered to pieces and even if I give you enough room, you'll be flying in a closed space, completely blind till you run smack dab into a murders unicorn!"

Bottle Rocket just keeps grinning. "You ever fly thou a cave in? No? Trust me, I can do this." His grin turns up further, having the effect of making him look like an utter lunatic. "Don't worry, just keep that spell of your under control."

Message edited by Duhad - Tuesday, 2013-01-08, 6:44 PM

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 7:01 AM | Message # 39
Colonel general
"Right is everypony ready" with nods from the others "alright Fever now 'Geo Impact' " plunging his sword into the ground he sends a trail of sharp rocks at Darkosis.

" 'Creasent Moon Cyclone' " Fever yelled launching his attack at the same time as Rockbreaker, both meeting Darkosis at the same time. Darkosis jump over the rockwave and sent a crosswind to cancel the Cyclone.

"now while his back is turned" a nod from Rocket is all she needed " 'Barrier surge' " Rocket was in a orb of hexagon plates as it dashed towards Darkosis.

"What too scared the ride in the orb Weaver" Rocket heard just before the was broke open to a surprised Darkosis leapping at him with glowing wings "well, i can honestly say, that was unexpected" he said before he and Rocket started clashing furiously, Rocket was holdding his own untill Darkosis caught his backright hoof and made him spinout but Fever stoped him and they both began clashing with him it wasn't long before Rock and Weaver got in on it. several minutes of that later and finally the four catch Darkosis in a mistake in that one moment Rocket and Fever put all four wings at his neck and Rock and Weaver point both swords at his heart.

"match! Darkosis loses" Zach said in a surprised tone.

"honestly I'm not surprised, you four capitalized on a single mistake you will all make an amazing team, now can you back off for a sec?" they complied and Darkosis put his sword on his left sholder "the dark returns to it's cage, allowing Light to rise once more, come face the Light Zack Marcus" his coat and hair brightening to its original color, and mark became a shield once more. "So how did it go?"

"they won." Zach still bearly able to belive it

"they did" a surprised smile on his before it turned to a wide eye yelp as he fell into his own shadow.

"Zack" they soon would hear voices from the shadows given it almost sunset thats everywhere.

"haha got you got you" a very young voice

"what? ugh does your mother know your here?" Zack voice sounded a bit annoyed

"hehe uh.... no sorry"

"well its too late now, let return" Zack came back out of his shadow, sighing "everypony i'd like you to meet my nephew" directing attention to a young colt no older than nine by his side his pitch black coat a stark contrast to his teal eyes but all that a back seat to the startling revalation that this colt has wings and a horn "prince Ebony Moon"

"hi, I prefer the nickname my dad gave Dart."

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Wednesday, 2013-01-30, 10:25 PM

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 8:41 AM | Message # 40
Generalissimo

Bottle Rocket looks at the colt in confusion for several seconds before turning to Spell Weaver. "Weaver... our boss just turn into a demon, turn back then fall into his own shadow, then pull a black alicorn out of that same shadow and call him PRINCE Ebony Moon? Because I think you might have hit me harder then i thought in that training match... I was seeing plain shifting elder gods this morning and I think that makes more sense if you just knocked me silly earlier..."

Spell Weaver, who was busy bowing to the prince, gabbed Bottle vigorously, trying to get him to follow suit. "I think thats Luna son you idiot! Now bend a knee before you get us both in trouble!" She hissed, but Bottle Rock just stared back at the kid in open astonishment.

"The goddess don't have kids, don't be silly! Look clearly I am just dreaming all of this so you might as well get up and help me find an ice cream parlor, because I am not going to wast a perfectly good coma dream eating ice cream alone." And with that she use his right for leg to push the Unicorn up to all fours.

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 9:52 AM | Message # 41
Colonel general
"oh I'm afraid this is no dream" all four turn around and all immediately bow even Rocket before Princess Celestia "please rise, I'm going to tell your four what I've Zack and Zach here my sister and I are not immortal. we just have a very long life span and near infinite magic and yes we can have children as my dear nephew here is so clear evidence." the colt now on her back hiding in her mane (not well at all) "if you need more proof think to the few week of the year either Luna or I have to fill in for the other court."

with a quick bow "how have you been Celestia"

"very well, are these the four I've heard about?"

"yes they are, they even bested Darkosis in four on one"

"Impressive, no easy feat I know of Darkosis' savagery. Truth be told that stallion scares even me"

a loud smashing noise rang out all in near looked to see a hay cart lose its wheels all looked up to see a very pissed off pink princess looking down "and thats for almost ruining my marrage cousin" she humphed and flew away. Weaver got close enough to tip the cart and dump its contents out tumbled a blonde haired, white coated unicorn his arctic blue eyes spining "ack Prince Blueblood" Weaver yelled

"oh dear, what have you done this time nephew" Celestia said though her laughs.

"wait" somthing clicked in Zack's head "what do elder god, Bottle Rocket?"

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-09, 6:50 PM | Message # 42
Generalissimo
Poor Bottle Rocket was at this point completely overloaded. Discovering that he was the bare of an ancient mystical power was one thing. Meeting a reality warping deity had left its strain. Discovering that the guard was full of ponys with ridicules superpowers had been a blow to his system, but meeting not one, but 5 members of the royal family and the goddess who commanded the sun, to say nothing of the implication that the goddess of the night had had a child who looked like 'The Grate Nightmare' was to much to bare.

As Zack repeated his question, with increasing urgency, Bottle Rocket keeled over, unconscious.

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 6:59 AM | Message # 43
Colonel general
Zack jumps towards the fallen Pegasus checking his vitals "good hes still breathing, Weaver take him to the infirmary all of you stay with him."

"I think it was all too much for him." Zack gave one last look at the colt hiding in his aunt's mane "to many revelations in one day, give him time"

"I think I've got the perfect gift for him" a warm smile spreads across his face.

"Oh, how so?"

"He won't have to worry about his home anymore."

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 10:26 AM | Message # 44
Generalissimo
:In side the head of Bottle Rocket: Bottle Rocket lay sprawled on the hard stone floor, chest rising an falling in slow, rhythmic movements. As he lay motionless he heard the sound of hoof steps. "I have made up my mind. There is noting you are going to say that will change it."

The hoof steps stop next too the pron pegasus. "I was actually just going to tell you that I understaffed what you are doing." Sounders voice was genital, but tired. Bottle Rocket closed his eyes, but the vision of the unicorn still bandaged face was impossible to drive from his mind.

"How are you feeling?"

It was a stupid question and one that the unicorn had not needed to answer, but did none the less. " Cuts where largely superficial. I won't win any beauty pageants and I suspect that I wouldn't be walking without a few leg braes for awhile either, but I got off pretty lucky."

"Lucky?" Bottle Rocket spat the word out like a curse, his one free wing flaring in irritation. "If we where lucky the dog would never have gotten hold of you in the first place!"

"If I was unlucky it would have dragged me down into there tunnels or killed me when you boys came running to save me." The slightly raspy voice of the unicorn was soothing, but still it was impossible for Bottle to forget what his friend had looked like when the Diamond Dog had finally retreated. How a misthrust spear had nearly implied him right above his single ruby cutie mark. How the rocks and claws and torn up his face as he had tried to use his feeble aggressive magic to fight back.

The green surveyor pony had no formal combat training and had grown up in Canterlot, only moving to the mine to seek a place where his geological talents could be of use. Bottle Rocket had been the older ponys guild and partner since he was still only a clot. In all the years they had worked together Bottle had been a consent shield for the optimistic, soft spoken genital pony and in return Sounder had paid him a good wage and taught the younger pegasus what he felt where the essentials of a basic curriculum. The only area where they had never seen eye to eye was on the divinity of the Princess, to which Bottle Rocket had remained adamant in his belief that they where literal goddess made flesh, as opposed to his mentors belief that they where merrily age old beings of imminence power, but who where still fallible and in the end, mortal. This was the pony who he had failed.

"The others think I am betraying them. Betraying you. They say that guard will just send me back with a patrol. That they will stir up the griffons by there presences and as soon as they leave we will be attacked or that they will not leave and that we will have lost are independence from the crown that we have come so far out to achieve to gain safety we would have had if we had stayed in the south. They think I will side with the guard if the worse should happen..." Bottle Rocket trailed off and for a long time there was quite.

Sounder sighed, "You know that I believe in you. I know that if you think that the best way to protect us all is by training with that guard, then teaching what you learn to us, then that's what you will do. I know that your community is unfriendly to outsiders and I know that they fear and hate the guard for reasons that I am not allowed to know, but I do know that they will follow your lead if you can show them a better way." He levitates the pegasus's bags over to his pron friend. "If you are going to go, then go now, I have packed you rations for the trips and a few supplies, in case you need to 'blast your way out of troble' as you like to say. They will try and stop you if try and wait till morning."

In a flash the pegasus was pressed against his friends, warping a fore hoof around his neck while leaning into him. The warmth of the embrace conferred Bottle even as the light in the room grew increasingly bright.

Another world was coming into focus now, but the feeling of another being close by had not faded completely. "Rocket? i think he is wakening up!" The voice called, but it was to faint to properly make out. Still some groggy part of his mind told him that thou the voice was familiar, it was not Sounder.

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 2:08 PM | Message # 45
Colonel general
"you had us worried" Weaver said with tears in her eyes.

"dude what happened you passed out like a little schoolfilly" Fever floating abouve him bearly containing his laughter.

"lay off Fever, I remember you fainting the first time you saw Zach dive into the shadows" Rock said smirking

Fever crossed his forehooves and puffed out cheeks glaring at Rockbreaker

the doors opened and the three snaped a salute "ah your awake good" Rocket shuffled nerviously "stop worring Darkosis knows the deal if he comes out without my permission he won't be getting out again" Rocket shot Zack a 'thats not very comforting' look "but I've got good news for you I got two deep cover guardsponies enrout to your home." Zack quickly raises a hoof "I already know about your home's adversity to the guard so my ponies are going under the cover of travlers they'll stay awhile save someponies then ask if the town needs help. These two are the best Sky Ripper a speed demon but a master of pegasus combat technics and Tiger Lily a rose with some vicious thorns a master of hoof to hoof and unicorn combat technics, their armor and badges are still here. Their cover story is that they are pillgriming masters looking for ways to help ponies."

Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz