MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC
DuhadDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 0:31 AM | Message # 121
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
I sorta guessed it was an FF game, but since Mac would not know that, the first thing most casual gamers think of when they here terms like, "Draw Agro" is WoW. Its also a game famous for its big group/guild system. So more of an in character joke then an out of characters one.

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 0:33 AM | Message # 122
Colonel general
Group: Checked
thought so

DuhadDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 1:16 AM | Message # 123
Generalissimo
Little follow up on my last post:

And just as a note, Mac here dose NOT necessarily represent my views here. While I do question how well you could establish a self staining, non-wholly farming based community in New England (even the colonists had trouble with that and they where mostly professional farmers with allot of help from the Wampanoag tribe) in just 2 weeks at most (less since they where dealing with Equestria at the UN in the first few days attest), but the bits about child soldiers I do get. Its a dark, brutal world where 7 in every 10 people died from a horrible pandemic that decimated the human and pony races seven times over and left the survivors in a world of cannibalistic monsters. That is a world no child should ever live in and one where anyone can die if not prepared.

Mac dose not see the world like that. Its been less then half a month and he still is a man of a world where rules, laws and basic codes of conduct protect kids from being eaten alive by there neighbors and where murder and stealing from people are still just plain wrong. So ya, he is a regular Joe in the apocalypses and he gets pissed about things that I, as a player, am not really upset about.

Just want to make that clear before anyone gets offended or thinks that this is going to turn into an IRL fight.

Just playing a character.

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 1:21 AM | Message # 124
Colonel general
I know and I just have to ask where did you get new england from?

also my first music post of the game Woot!

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Monday, 2014-08-11, 1:42 AM

DuhadDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 4:10 AM | Message # 125
Generalissimo
The game is set in Northern Maine. That would mean that unless D came from either Canada or up though 3 sates, he must have his base in New England. Or in Equestria itself I spouse, though since you mentioned him going to Equestria to find Scootaloo that seems unlikely. So ya, New England or Canada seems like a reasonable assumption.

http://www.discovernewengland.org/wp-content/themes/dne/images/layout/homepage/map-20110125.png

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 4:26 AM | Message # 126
Colonel general
wow that's a long way from where I am, I'm in georiga, but for time being I'll go with SW Vermont

DuhadDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 4:34 AM | Message # 127
Generalissimo
Fair enough. The idea with the two weeks is that its the time it would take most people to get cross the US from there respective homes to Maine in search of the promised cure.

DuhadDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 9:11 AM | Message # 128
Generalissimo
Timeknight: Duhad I've got some ideas for how Time Turner is involved with colgate's story and I've a way to convey this part of the story while keeping him physically out of the story until someone chooses him. 

Go for it dude!

TheZombiecamDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 1:03 PM | Message # 129
Colonel
Group: Users
1. Haha, the poor fools believe their viruses and trojans can pass MY firewalls haha

2. I sort of brought it on myself since I torrented it...

3. Is this an annoying form of chat?

4. Am I a bad person for torrenting?

5. Well... thats ahh... a bit of writing there Duhad... -> http://i26.tinypic.com/28jbrrk.jpg

6. /run becomeGod.exe

Message edited by TheZombiecam - Monday, 2014-08-11, 1:04 PM

DuhadDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 8:03 PM | Message # 130
Generalissimo
1. Wait what?

2. Oh OK, I think I get what you are...

3. No, no its fine. Maybe a little confusing, but-

4. Hu? Well... I mean sorta, but not really. I mean if your stealing from broke as hell indies then that's kinda uncool, but if its a huge corporation, then whatever, its not hurting anyone really.

5. It is. If I had channeled that all into writing more of Colgate vs. The Army of Darkness there would probably be another chapter out even before this most recent one is doing being edited!

6. Oh shit...

GMoney24Date: Monday, 2014-08-11, 10:25 PM | Message # 131
Lieutenant general
Also Duhad who is your favorite mane 6 pony?  I was curious.

SmalokiDate: Monday, 2014-08-11, 11:19 PM | Message # 132
Private
Heyo! I'm finally home!
Not that any of you knew I was away... but I was. Anyway, it's 9 pm now (in my timezone) and I can finally get a look at the forum. Spent the entire day without internet. On the upside, I learned how to park backwards. More or less. As long as there are no cars parked right next to my parking space xD

So, anyway... I was wondering if there was a description of the different rooms and how they are connected. Maybe it's just my horrible sense of navigation, but I'm a little bit confused about the architecture of the cabin (should I even call it a cabin? It seems fairly big, with an upstairs and everything ^^)... I know there's a main room and a kitchen on the first floor, but that's about it.

Message edited by Smaloki - Monday, 2014-08-11, 11:19 PM

DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2014-08-12, 0:20 AM | Message # 133
Generalissimo
Nice dude! Parking is a tough thing to do. As for the cabins space, I originally had it laid out in my head as being based on a place my family owned when I was a kid, main area that had half a wall semi dividing it off from the kitchen area with a wood stove in the center of said wall, with a small bathroom and two bedrooms built into the side. Very small place, but cozy. Since people mentioned going upstairs I have re-worked it in my head so that the kitchen/main areas are the same, as is the small bathroom, but now the bed rooms are replaced with a stair case leading up to a pair of much nicer bedrooms on a second floor.

And Rarity. : )

SmalokiDate: Tuesday, 2014-08-12, 0:29 AM | Message # 134
Private
Thanks for the description!
Now I just have to remember that I'm controlling not just one, but two characters... I don't know how, but I completely forgot about Purple Smart in my last post. Oh well, let's just say she's sitting in a corner reading a book or something ^^

Message edited by Smaloki - Tuesday, 2014-08-12, 0:29 AM

DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2014-08-12, 0:33 AM | Message # 135
Generalissimo
>Purple Smart
Admit it, your just trying to get on my good side. : D

Message edited by Duhad - Tuesday, 2014-08-12, 0:34 AM

Forum » Other stuff » Offtopic General Discussion » Dawn of the Pony Dead OOC (A thread of out of character talk from the DotPD Thread)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz