MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Training the Guard.
DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 8:51 PM | Message # 46
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Rocket gives the unicorn a sharp look, clear mistrust on his face, but then closes his eyes and nods.

'Grate and I won't even be able to go back and train them, to show them I was right' The pegasus thought sourly, before shaking his head. It was a piety and selfish thought. The impotent thing was saving lives. Still, burnt a bit.

Bottle Rocket tried to push himself to all fours, but a wave of dizziness over took him and he collapsed back onto the cote. moaning the pegasus asks "What happened? Where are we and where did..." He pauses before finishing, "everypony go?" Looking up at Spell Weavers teary eyes face he adds in a softer voice, "Hay, are you ok? Whats wrong?"

Message edited by Duhad - Thursday, 2013-01-10, 8:52 PM

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 9:58 PM | Message # 47
Colonel general
Group: Checked
"whats wrong? you scared me half to death." Wiping the tears away "I'm just glad your ok" turning away to hide a slight blush.

"take as much rest as you need when you feel up to it I've got your first mission lined up" Zack got to his hooves and gave a nod and walked out.

The shadow movement noise was heard all look to its source to see the little alicorn colt "hi I just wanted to say I'm sorry for scaring you mister Rocket, hehe see ya" and he was gone again the four passed confused looks around but soon blew it off as the tell tale signs of youth.

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-01-11, 3:22 AM | Message # 48
Generalissimo
The rest of that day was spent in and out of sleep. The strain of fighting two major sparing matches, along with the stress of the days many revelations had had no small effect on the young recruits body. By the time he was able to make his way to Zack's office unaided, Celestia's sun had aridly all, but dropped from sight.

Entering the office saluted the unicorn. "Sir, I believe you mentioned a mission, sir?"

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 10:04 AM | Message # 49
Colonel general
they are met with a loud bang caused by Zack falling in front of them "Jack! get your flank down here now" looking up the four see a very young burgandy coated pegasus foal laughing at his fathers short fall "oh hey there, sorry about the mess Merry had a fencing competition and we couldn't get a foalsiter don't get me wrong I love them both but Jack here is a little rambunctious." Seeing the apprehensive looks on the four he laughs "no the mission isn't foalsiting, Tac honey can you reign in your brother please daddy has work to do" a little ruby colored unicorn foal give a small nod and holds up a Ursa minor doll that Jack quickly tackled and proceed to play fight it. The unicorn foal smiled before returning to her sliding panel puzzle "shes very smart for her age but little to no magic as of yet."

"How old are they?"

"A little under five months."

"Sir? Is the mission ready sir?"

"Yea its ready lets get to the brief. There have been reports of stange creatures in and around the Everfree forest the most startling report is one of a 'very tall white pony with a red X as a cutie mark' I don't know about you but that sounds off to me."

Gulping Fever tries to speak "t t t that sounds like that old m mares t t tale!"

"I know we normaly don't pay any mind to reports like this but with its proximity to Ponyville we have no choice but to investigate, I don't need to say how dangerous the Everfree is so stay alert some of the other reports are a little off."

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-01-12, 10:50 PM | Message # 50
Generalissimo
"Sir, yes sir!" The recruits salute.

*A little latter*

"Soooo..." Bottle Rocket grinds at Fever. "You worried that where going to go up against The Olden Pony or Slender Mane?" He sinkers.

Fever face brightened, "You won't think its so funny when where in the frost!" He snapped.

Bottle shakes his head, still grinning as he straps on wing blades. "Come on! Thous legends aren't real, its probably just some pony pulling a prank. Zack is probably just sending us out to investigate so we can get some field experience without getting into to much trouble."

"You have no idea what your talking about!" Fever snapped, "There is no such thing as safe trip into the Everfree and if there are weird reports coming out of it by ITS standers then you would be crazy NOT to be scared!"

"Look I am SURE that the Forest is really scary by Canterlot or Ponyville standers, but trust me, as long as we stick together and keep our eye's open nothing will go wrong..." Bottle Rocket turned to pack his saddle bags, missing the face hoofs of his companions.

"Where so doomed..."

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-01-13, 0:34 AM | Message # 51
Colonel general
"tell me he didn't just say that"

"haven't you heard of Manephy's law 'any that can go wrong, WILL'"

the next mourning, the four wake as the train pulls in Ponyville station they are greeted by name. "I'am Lancet your guide for this mission i've already secured rooms at the inn so if you wish you can explorer or rest but be back by sunset" the guard trots off befour any could say a thing.

"whoa, rude much? well what do you guys wanna do"

Reality Shift
1-Pinkie Pie (need i say more)
2- a fashionista's call (boutique)
"oh my who are you.....IDEAAAAAA.....trust me, your going to love it!"
3- a daredevil's word (park) "whoa thanks.....ten seconds flat......not the element of Loyaltiy for nothin

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-01-13, 1:17 AM | Message # 52
Generalissimo
{I am going to amuse that this shit is not accompanied by elder gods and grayed out worlds?}

3-

Bottle Rocket shrugs. "I guess we could go and grab a bite to eat? Its a bit eerily for lunch, but breakfast was kinda slim-" He is cut off as his jaw drops slack. Where a second ago there had been a fluffy white clouds, was now just the contrails of a rainbow. The others look where Bottle Rocket was starring, but see nothing, the rainbow having quickly faded. Bottle looks down and asks in a slightly awed voice, "Is there a wonder bolt living in this town? Because I swear there was a cloud there a minute ago and now its gone! There was a rainbow in its wake and everything!" His eyes seem to grow to the size of dinner plates as he stares at where the cloud use to be. "Sounder said that they were fast, but I thought he was exaggerating..."

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-01-13, 2:31 AM | Message # 53
Colonel general
{If Fate or any other god has a place in the story I'll use them but for now Bottle just quickly hit the strings and picked}

"no I don't think any Wonder bolts live here I should know I'am a big fan" as they walked they soon spot a building made out of sweets "DUDE, I'm going to diabetic shock just looking at that place" then a loud boom is heard drawing all's attention, a rainbow contrail is headed for the ground at an angle but pulls up just before impact the trail starts to turn white but turns back as it spirals out of control "Rock throw me now!"

"what the..." but he was cut off by the determend look in Fever's eyes and obliges. Fever is sent flying fast and he meets the rainbow contrail just before it hits the ground. Tummbling on the ground they come to rest Fever under a blue pegasus with rainbow hair.

"you ok?" he said weakly

"yea just a little banged up, whoa thanks squirt never woulda guessed somepony as small as you be able to go that fast."

"he normaly can't I threw him."

"what happened? Did you lose control?"

"Nah just clipped my wing a day ago thought it healed normaly I can pull off that trick in ten seconds flat."

"so can you get off your savor now"

"ohmygosh I'm sorry" getting to her hooves "but thank again dude any time you or your buddies need help don't hesitate."

"no way, we c..." getting cut off by a blue hoof in his face

"nuh uh I'am not the element of Loyalty for nothin" with a hoof to her chest and a beat of wings she flew off at a slower pace but still leaving a rainbow contrail.

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-01-13, 4:27 AM | Message # 54
Generalissimo
Bottle Rocket stared after the rainbow maned pegasus. "Did you all just see that?" Bottle Rocket looked back at his companions. "Apart from the almost dying thing that was insane! Pulling off a tick at that speed and then just flying it off as if it was nothing, on a damaged wing no less!"

"I think the 'almost ending up a multicolored colored pancake if not for Fever' part kinda negates the skill element of that little stunt." Spell Weaver said raising a skeptical eyebrow at the still wide eyed Bottle Rocket. "Still..." She said, thoughtfully, "Something about that 'element of Loyalty' thing sounds familiar."

Bottle Rocket turned to Fever with a smile. "Hay how about you ask her to cover your lunch!"

"What?"

"You too Rocky! You two saved her life! If she really is a element of loyalty then I am sure she can cover for your lunches."

"But our experiences are being covered! It would be a total wast of a favor!" Fever complained.

"And if you think about it that way, you will never use that favor." Bottle explained, patiently.

"Can you please just stop talking and can we please just go the the restaurant?" Rockbraker asked, sighing.

{considering the fact that no one seems to know or care that they are the element bearers, I assume that, that part is either kept hushed up for security reasons or that for whatever reason no one cares. Other wise it would make no sense that RD has a fan club for being generally helpful and cool, but no one, out side of the princess, recognizes that they defeated both Nightmare Moon and Discord with the elements. If you don't agree just recon it, thou I will stick to Bottle not knowing either way because he is horribly out of the loop.}

{Also for the record I could just write Seinfeldian dialog with myself all day long so if you want to move the plot along, give me a lead or push, other wise I will simply write silly conversations till the end of time.}

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-01-13, 11:24 AM | Message # 55
Colonel general
{everypony has heard of the elements of harmony but very few know who they are}
later after an odd party hosted by a pink earth pony

"well its about time, its almost sunset" the mare in the armor looks disapointed "well it doesn't matter get ready for patrol tonight."

"lighten up Lancet we got caught up in stuff" Fever said nonchalantly.

"say Lancet you know anything about a Rainbow Dash? Something she said sounds familiar."

"you don't know the elements of harmony?" clearly confused, Weaver's eye twitched

after telling all she knew of the elements of harmony, included all but who they are. the five now at the edge of the forest scaning around.

"I still belive I saved one of the mares that stoped Nightmare Moon" Fever started flying circles around the other four. much to Rock's chargin, but Weaver and Rocket's amusement.

"great now hes got a big head, theres going to be no living with this colt" clearly dreading the day they return to Canterlot.

"hey guys whats that" pointing at the forest, a green pony with purple and pink hair stummbled out and collapsed.

Lancet lept forward to check the pony "no Bitta Luck, what could have done this?"

"yo whats up with her mark" he said noticing that her cuite mark was grayed out.

"she's DEAD thats what" She snapped to the surprise of the team, now confused "what you didn't know that, what are they teaching for first aid now"

"heheheHAHAHAHA" a whispy voice came from the forest.

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-01-13, 9:00 PM | Message # 56
Generalissimo
Bottle Rocket leaped forward, hovering a few above the ground. "Who's there!" He shouts, "Come out here you cowered!" He half's the distance to the frost in an instant and seems to be on the verge of barreling right in.

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2013-01-14, 2:49 PM | Message # 57
Colonel general
hoofsteps are heard, the tension makes the steps seem deafening in this midnight encounter "my my are you the brave little colt" a carcoal unicorn stallion with glowing blood red eyes steps out of the forest his purple mane hangs lifelessly around his head.

"Who are you and what did you do to Bitta Luck?!" Rock snapped as the other three joined Rocket.

chuckling eviliy he says "you can call me Necro Shadow and I may the least of you concerns right now."

music

A scream makes the team look back to see Lancet on her back with a shambling Bitta Luck advancing on her "B.B.Bitty I thought you were dead" Bitta looks up at her to reveal her eyes are glossed over.

"she is, you see I'am whats called a Necromancer" with a flick of his right forehoof the team is surrounded by ponies of all sorts all only sharing two common traits (glossed over eyes and grayed out cutie marks) "now any last words before you join my ranks?"

DuhadDate: Monday, 2013-01-14, 11:46 PM | Message # 58
Generalissimo
"Ya... I am going to kill you!" Rocket snaps opening his pack. To the others he shouts, "I am going to try something a bit dangerous so if you all don't want to explode I need you to keep them off me for a minute while I get this ready."

"What are you planing?" Rock asked, nervously as the monsters closed ranks.

"A little something I tired back home to fend of Griffons. Diving with dynamite!" Bottle Rocket answered pulling out a pair of tightly wrapped, magically warded bundles. He opens them reveling tight bundles of reddish brown sticks.

Giving him the zombies another nervous look Rock asked, "Did it work?"

Bottle, who was now carefully inserting fuse answered without looking up. "Sort of. One of the Griffons shoot it almost immediately after I dropped it and the exploitation almost killed me, but it also wounded the Griffon leader and scared his raiders badly enough that my buddies drove them off pretty easy after that."

"WHAT!" Spell Weaver shouted in alarm, knocking away zombies with jabs from her magical shields.

"I seriously don't think there going to get scared off by a loud bang, Rocket!" Rock shouted as a zombie pony lunged at him, kicking it away with a grunt.

"Well they also don't have cross bows so I don't think there going to be shooting me!" Bottle Snapped picking up the bundle of explosives.

"But what about us?" Rock snapped back dodging another zombie and smashing it with a hoof strike.

"Well, try and toss them off so I can get a clear shout!" Bottle bellowed, losing his patience as one of the monsters broke thou the line kicked his stale bags away with a blow aimed at his exposed explosives.

"Hay guys, what happened to Lancet?" Fever interjects, slicing at the approaching hoard.

All four looked in the direction of there guild, but could not see her past the monsters.

"GO! Help her!" Rock shouts to Bottle Rocket, who nods once before streaking into the air. Followed by several of the winged zombies.

"Ha! Like any rotted ghoul is going to be able keep up with... Oh right, most of them probably worked in weather... Buck me to the moon." Bottle Rocket rolled to avoid a strike, but his plane to outrun and dive bomb the zombies now seemed to have developed a few minor flaws. Still there was still one thing he could, hopefully, do. He stained himself to race towered where they had last seen Lancet.

{Quick note on zombies. I follow the Romero school of zombies, that states that zombies shamble, but the reason for that is the deterioration of the body after death. A fresh zombie (as these seem to be since they are described as looking normal except for grayed out... wait grayed out cutie marks... ummm... any way point is except for Cutie Marks and glazed eyes they look normal. Since captain von creep'o here seems to want them as murderous servants, I am guessing he has a away of keeping them fresh enough to fight semi effectively and to move at an avenge speed, but pegasus are strongly implied (by anatomy) to use some of that innate magic that all ponies have too fly. There for I postulate that a pegasus zombie, while maybe not as fast as a athletic pegasus or a wonderbolt, could still put in some serious air speed if they where smart enough to use it. Since I aridly stated that Bottle is slow by pegasus standers it makes sense to me that he would be in serious danger if he was being hunted in the air by the zombies. Pulse it removes the 'well why don't they just fly away' question and makes the whole thing more existing.}

ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-15, 2:23 PM | Message # 59
Colonel general
{the Zombies can use their body type somewhat weakly because they are being puppeteered by Necro, as for the cuite marks I follow the fanon that when a pony's life ends their cuite mark loses it's color.}

"Bitty please stop" but Lancet's cry fell on dead ears as Bitta Luck slowly advanced on her, Bitta's lips turning up in a snarl as she preps a pounce only to be caught midair across the cheek by Rocket's left forehoof.

turning to Lancet "come on we need you" Rocket yelled but it was no use Lancet is still in shock unable to take her eyes off Bitta Luck's corpse now with a broken neck. Rocket hears Weaver say something so he turns around to see a pegasus zompony about to dive on him teeth bared.

something long and black zipped out of the forest and wizzed by Necro head, snaking by the turbulent battle it wrapped its self around the zompony about to bite Rocket the zompony still reaching for Rocket snaping it's teeth right before it is slammed to the ground with a sickening thud. the team, Lancet, the zomponies, even Necro Shadow all turn to the forest where the black thing retraceted to now seeing a tall white featureless pony wearing a tux, a voice rings in their minds "how dare you bring these soulless abominations into My forest!"

DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-15, 6:33 PM | Message # 60
Generalissimo
"*BLEEP*!" Rocket yelps at the apparition. From the direction of the main group he heard a strangled cry or fear, probably originating from the superstitious Fever Pitch, but he could not be sure.

His concentration was broken as a zombie lurched at him. Bottle Rocket side steeped the attack and looked back at the still inconsolable Lancet. "Dame and I was really hoping drop dynamite on that murderous, monster." Bottle side, turning and delivering a solid, two hoofed kick to the creature as it prepared for another lung, this time at the pron pony.

Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz