MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Training the Guard.
ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-15, 9:07 PM | Message # 61
Colonel general
Group: Checked
chuckling eviliy "the infamos Slendermane, I had heard you were still here tell me why are you helping these ponies?" a look of disgust slowly turns one of revlation as he begins laughing manicly "by the creator, the monster know as Slendermane has grown a heart?! just wait till the other hear of this."

"it matters not what you or your club thinks. You will pay for your crimes against nature".

"anyponyelse find sevearly off that we're fighting along side Slendermane" Rock said as he traped three zomponies in a cage of rock spires.

"nope with you on this one"

music

"ohhh I'm shaking in my horseshoes, what are you going to do?" five tendrils swing at him at one but he bring up a ruby colored barrier with an arcanic circle at his hooves as the tendrils strike at the barrier one after the other.

"guardsponies listen well I will make a hole in his defence when I do this one of you do something to end this."

"hum I think I've got just the thing" he said taking a small crystal out of his bag

"is that unrefined magicite?!!"{Magicite - a type of crystal, highly volatile till refined once refined it can be enchanted to give long lasting effects over wide radiuses, unrefined if energy (heat, electric, or magical) is passed through it can create a blast bigger than any know form of explosive}

"Bottle Rocket make a bomb out of this!" passing the crystal to Rocket

"are you out of your mind if he makes a bomb out of that much he could blow us and half of Ponyville away"

"don't worry, I've got a plan now."

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-16, 5:31 AM | Message # 62
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Bottle Rocket deftly catches the crystal. He quickly removes a pair of dynamite sticks from one of the bundles and ties the magicite in between them. He grabs the fuse between his teeth a twists his head to trow the explosive when a zombie crashed into him!

Bottle dropped the dynamite/magicite as he gasped. The creatures teeth snapped at Bottles face he frantically tried to get a hoof under the monster.The sicking reek of the monster breath nearly chocked the pegasus's as he freed a wing, while simultaneously managing to get his only still free hoof under the creatures jaw. It was not enough to free himself, but it bought him time.

Spell Weaver sent a wave of hardened magical diamonds into her attacks. So far her magic had given her more breathing room then her melee restricted comrades, but the drain on her magic meant that she would not be able to keep it up for long. Hearing a strangled shout she turned and felt her blood freeze. Bottle Rocket was on the ground, a zombie pony on top of him, barely held back from sinking its teeth into his face. She called upon her magic, intending to blast the creature away, but then she saw Rockets free wing jerk, sending the improvised explosive rolling. Realizing the danger she garbed with her magic. Looking back at Bottle Rocket there eyes meet. His eyes where wide with terror, but he jerked his head towered Rock. The message was clear. The bomb was the priority, if it was mishandled it would kill them all, if it was lost, they could all die anyway.

Bottle felt his strength begin to fail him as the creature lowered closer and closer towered him. He closed his eyes, tears running down his cheeks as he hoped against hope that at the very lest the others would kill the monster. "Still," A small voice in some calm corner of his head mused, "If you have to die, there are worse ways to go then helping your friends." At the same time the rest of his brain countered "that on the whole, being eaten alive was actually still a rather horrible way to go" and further suggested that if the former part of the brain was not going to help with the whole, 'trying to not die' thing, it should really just try and not say anything at all, thank you very much.

{So a quick note on the whole 'Bottle' vs 'Rocket' thing in terms of referring to him in the short hand. The way I see it is that Bottle Rocket uses 'Bottle' as its the equivalent of his first name. Ponies that he knew knew before signing up would probably call to him as that. On the other hand you had your characters call him Rocket for short. I did not correct this in or out of character because they have never heard him refer to himself as 'Bottle' and have never heard him called that, there for there clearly think that 'Rocket' is a better or more appropriate name... I like that. It gives the world a bit more vibrancy so when writing from there perspectives I use 'Rocket' instead of Bottle. That's why I had Spell Weaver's POV call him Rocket, while Bottle Rocket's used Bottle.}

Message edited by Duhad - Thursday, 2013-01-17, 2:43 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-16, 2:44 PM | Message # 63
Colonel general
just then a loud boom is heard drawing the attention of all to a rainbow ring in the sky and a contrail of simular color slamming into the zompony on Bottle Rocket sending it at Slendermane who sliced it in half with a free tendril "aren't you glad I heard the ruckus" Rainbow Dash stood heroicly offering Rocket a helping hoof.

"yea guess I am, thanks" accepting the hoof and getting to his own, looking around they see a now frantic Fever Pitch with the Magicite bomb in hoof being chased by most of the zomponies as the others are being almost completly ignored "ok?"

"do not think I don't know what your up to, I can still control my horde from within this bubble" his smug look turned to shock as the zomponies chasing Fever were blasted by a green explosion as purple monster slammed on top of a zompony that was about to pounce on Lancet. capitlizing on Necro being distracted Slendermane put seven of his tendril together and started to make them spin furiously.

"guardsponies! the time is now" Slendermane put the drill to Necro's shield and made a hole that was getting bigger by the second.

"what are you?"

"you're wost nightmare a monster that can love and tolerate!"

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Thursday, 2013-01-31, 5:47 AM

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-16, 10:49 PM | Message # 64
Generalissimo
{... really? Slender can 'can love and tolerate'? Also why is Necro asking what Slender is when the two seemed to know one another?}

"The legendary monster can be as sentimental as he wants, but I me? I think I would like to keep my promos!" Bottle Rocket bolts after Fever, snatching the dynamite from him and drawing the ire of the zombies. "Keep that hole open guys!" Bottle Shouted from around the fuse in his teeth. "Spell Weaver if you can conger fire start it near the hole, if not throw that lantern, I need to burn this on a VERY short fuse." With out waiting on a replay he turned and raced for the murderous unicorn. If his friends could not provide fire, then things were about to get very ugly, but they had yet to fail him so far. His last thought before hurling the explosive at the opening in the shield was, "I wonder how big this is going to be, because that is going to detonate pretty dame fast..."

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-16, 11:32 PM | Message # 65
Colonel general
Weaver nodded "got it 'pupillus flamma' " a small flame shot from her horn and stoped dead center in the hole. Bottle saw his chance and droped his payload when Necro saw the bomb his eyes shrank to pinpricks.

"now Fever" Rock stomped his right forehoof as hard as he could causing a stone hoof to shoot out of the ground under Necro launching him into the air just as Fever was coming out of a fast underarcing dive hitting the ruby orb with a powerfull hind hoof kick sending the orb straight up "everypony get down"

all did as the bomb went off making naught but a small yellow glow in the sky "really is that-" Bottle was cut off by an explosion so powerfull in broke all the windows in Ponyville knocking all on the plain off their hooves.

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-01-17, 3:10 AM | Message # 66
Generalissimo
"WELL THAT WAS INTERESTING!" Bottle Shouted, getting to his hoofs as all there ears rang from detonation. Trotting over to his fallen comrades, who where less experienced with being caught so close to explosives. "HOW ARE YOU GUYS HOLDING UP?"

Spell Weaver took Rockets proffered hoof and allowed herself to be pulled to all fours. She gave a silent nod of thanks to Rocket and turned to help up Fever as her friend did the same for Rock. 'He almost died back there agine!' She thought to herself. 'First the passing out, then almost getting eaten! If not for Rainbow Dashes 's intervention he probably would have died before I could get that bomb to Fever Pitch and thrown off the zombie!' She looked at the pegasus as he pulled the larger earth pony off the ground. She wondered if she should be terrified by the fact that she had known him for only about a day and already he had come dangerously close to being seriously hurt twice or impressed that after all that he barley has a scratch on him. Either he was very lucky or he had something working for him. At that moment she remembered something that Rocket had said right around the time he has lost his mind and past out. 
"I was seeing plain shifting elder gods this morning."
At the time he had also been babbling about coma dreams and getting ice cream with her and combined with his having passed out a few moments after that and driven the odd statement from her head. After all it was a ridicules fantasy, it could not be real, but then aging, neither could the tall, thine, faceless pony standing at the edge of the clearing.
There was something she was missing, a piece of the the puzzle she did not have. Looking at the light blue stallion she suspected that she knew who did, thou.

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-17, 7:36 PM | Message # 67
Colonel general
"your name is Rainbow Dash correct?" Dash nods and the feeling in the area changed as he walked back into the forest.

all was calm till voices could be heard "come on, I want them all I want to see just how good they are"

"no we must adhere to the plan"

"come now you can't say your not curious as to the power of the ones who defeated Shadow"

"I know I am"

"show yourselves" Rock called with a tone of annoyance as five hooded ponies appeared in flashes os colored light (red, blue, brown, yellow, and white) "who are you?"

The white one lowered his hood to show a bright white stallion with shining yellow eyes "I am Luminous Star my associates and I mearly wish to bring Equestria back to its glory days" he rose to his hindlegs and began preaching "how glorious it will be, the strong will raise while the weak will be cast aside. The balence has been restored soon the beasts of yore shall as well, so best be prepared for soon the peace you know will be gone." They all began laughing as they disappeared in the same colored light.

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-01-18, 5:29 AM | Message # 68
Generalissimo
Bottle Rocket taps the side of his head with a hoof. "My head is ring like bell!" He complained. He looked around at the looks of concern on the others faces. "Whats wrong?" He asked.

"Whats wrong?" Rock asked, slowly turning towered Rocket. "Did you NOT just hear that? Do you NOT think that sounded just a LITTLE ominous?"

Bottle Rocker rolled his eyes. "Oh come on! We just beat the stuffing out of a story book villain, with the help of an urban legend and your freaking out because a bunch of pompous morons with colored smoke chanted some silly cryptic threats at us? Come on! If they where an actual threat they would have just kicked our butts, but instead they ran off like filly's playing hid and seek! We won! Try and feel good about it!"

Rock growled and muttered something under his breath, but Bottle Rocket was not done. He flew up looked the earth pony straight in the eyes.

"I'm sorry? I didn't catch that." Bottle Rocket's mouth was turned up into a smile, but it looked forced and his body was practicably quaking.

"I said WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Rock snapped, shoving the smaller pony away from him. "We just watched two ponies die! YOU killed one of them! We had to fend off a hoard of living corpses, made from other ponies we failed to save! YOU ALMOST DIED, in some stupid self sacrifice attempt or did you think nopony would notice that you could have let Spell Weaver save, THEN use them bomb! You throw it so she would HAVE to grab it first! After all that we get told that the whole nation is in danger, that thousand of lives are in danger and you treat it like a bucking JOKE!? DO YOU THINK THAT STUPID 'TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL' ATTITUDE MAKES YOU LOOK GOOD!? WHAT THE BUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?"

Bottle Rockets jaw had dropped midway threw the speech and even after it had concluded, he seemed unable to find words to brake a stunned silence that hung over the group. He sat down heavily on the ground, bodies  lay all around him, crushed and damaged almost beyond reconciliation from the fight. Bottles head lowered to his chest and in a small voice, barley above a wispier he said. "Its that or just accept everything. The gods, the princess, the monsters, all of it. I signed up to learn how to defend my home and now I can't even do that. Instead I have to try and save Equestria and fight zombie ponies and have weird gods giving me incomprehensible chose and... and... and..." The rest is choked off as the pegasus began to quietly sob, wings doping listlessly to the ground next to him.

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2013-01-18, 10:22 PM | Message # 69
Colonel general
music

Bottle Rocket was knocked out of his reverie by the sightly smaller Spell Weaver nuzzling against him with Fever casting a big smile at him "Rocket.... I'm sorry you feel this way but know that Fever, Rock, and I will always be there for you." Bottle looked at Rock who wore his same old frown but soon it changed to a smile and a hoof bump.

"sorry I was so ruff with you"

"ha guess what dude your familiy just got bigger" Fever said with a overly enthusiastic grin

-*-
back at Guard HQ - war room

"sir report from the special training unit sir" a young pegasus messenger hoofed a scroll to Zack who sat at a large round table with the other Captains because Captain White Knight was absent.

"well what does it say" Commander Crystal Light said his bright yellow eyes looking dead at Zack not faltering an inch

music

Zack put the scroll down and began writing one of his own "take this to Ponyville ASAP" the messenger took the scroll and took off in a blur. Zack look at the table to see two red question mark figures over the Everfree forest and Horseshoe bay "I'm starting to think these reports of unknown creatures are connected somehow" he said as he moved a new red question mark to the Rockland region.

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-01-19, 7:47 AM | Message # 70
Generalissimo
{BUM BUM BUM!}

Bottle Rocket looked out over the town of Ponyville.

The group had returned from the Everfree in surprisingly high spirits and while the deaths in the woods had not been revised without mourning, the ponies of the town had surprised Bottle with there ability to take the loss in stride and instead focus on positive side of there towns new found safety.

He ate, drank and laughed with both his friends and the residents. One especially hyperactive earth pony had whip the town into such a frieze of good cheer that the pegasus sewer he saw a number of the towns residents brake into a song and dance routine on the fly. Of coarse he could not be sure because at that point a certain unicorn had tired to dace with him and the resulting awkward stumbling had sent him careening onto a snake table.

The memoir of that turned his face red, but he was still smiling as watched the townsfolk go about there day.

"You know, you could join us down there, rather then just sitting out here alone." Bottle Rocket nodded. Not looking at the mere who had spoken.

"I know." He said, still looking over the town.

"Are you OK?" She asked taking set just outside his peripheral view.

Bottle nod and said, "Its nothing bad. I appreciate what all of you have done, but I am kinda used to being in a very small community, dealing with pretty small problems. Back home the only..." He pauses as if picking his words carefully, "ponies from the rest of Equestria we see are from Vyatka Co. even then our relationship with them is strictly business. The only other unicorn I ever used to know as a friend was a company gem finder. Here, unicorns are all over the place. Ponies are friendly and open and they don't bottle up all there emotions, because they aren't contently worried that some Griffon or monster is going to swoop down and kill them." He looks up at the clear blue morning sky. "Some times it feels like the only thing this place has in common with home is when you look up and noponys around its almost the same. I guess that's why I am out here alone, instead of down there with the rest of you." He finishes, somewhat lamely.

Spell Weaver made as if to speak, but then turned to leave. If he wanted to be alone, she would not intrude. She had only walked a few feet when she thought of something that made her smile. "Bottle?"

"Yes?"

"I think that was the first time you actually called us your friends." Spell Weave laughed as Bottle Rockets looked confused then blushed deeply, mouth turning up in a grin.

"Well as long as I am confessing things..." He got up and turned on Spell Weaver, face still flushed. "Do you know that I have always wanted to see a Wonderblots show."

Spell Weaver cocked an eyebrow and asked in a mock, unimpressed voice, "Is that so? And why, pray tell do you think I would be interested in knowing that?" She felt her hart begin to race as Rockets grin faltered slightly.

"Well its just that," He began slightly awkwardly, "I have heard there pretty cool, but that there not alto of fun to watch alone, but-" He suddenly cut off a a green blur collided into him at top speed.

Added (01.19.2013, 7:47 AM)
---------------------------------------------
"Hay guys!" Fever Pitch said as he hopped off of Bottle Rocket. "I got new orders from command!"

Bottle Rocket gave the younger pegasus a baleful look from the ground. "Did they urgently tell you to pulverize my spine?"

Fever chuckled ruffly. "Nah, I'm just trying to learn how to pull of a sonic rainboom! Not quite got the speed up yet and landing is proving a bit tricky, but Rainbow Dash said that she has done them a whole bunch and that its all about practice!" He strikes a heroic pose as Spell Weaver helped Rocket up.

"Well are the orders urgent attest?" Spell Weaver asked before Bottle Rocket could open his mouth.

"Yes!" Fever nodded vigorously! "And Lt. Marcus said that I should tell Bottle Rocket that they involve Rockland!"

Spell Weaver turned to ask Rocket what that meant, but was thrown off by the look of horror o his face. "Rocket?"

The blood had drained from Bottle Rockets face as head whispered, "We have to get back to HQ now." Then without another word he took to the air and speed down towered the village. Looking at one another the two other trainees exchanged worried looks and took off after him.

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-01-19, 5:54 PM | Message # 71
Colonel general
with some goodbyes and some more consolments the team was off to HQ only to meet Zack at the station with a detatchment of twenty or more Guard "alright I want a parimiter up ASAP after I leave you'll be taking orders Sargent Lancet she been here longer. Good you four are here we are headed to Rockland from there Bottle Rocket will guide us to his hometown, Rocket we've gotten reports of monsters made of stone, metal, and gemstone we are rendezvous with Tiger Lily and Sky Ripper to get a more detailed report and findout whats really going on."

"what do you mean Zack?"

"there similar reports at Horseshoe Bay and the Badlands but our concern is Rockland, I never leave my friend's familiy helpless." Zack said with a wide grin

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-01-19, 7:13 PM | Message # 72
Generalissimo
Bottle Rocket looks physically ill as he nods. "OK, listen up everypony. If we are going to Rockland there are two things you have to keep in mind. One is that where not going to Ponyville. The border tribes are not big on friendliness, so if you go in trying to bump hoofs and make friends your just going to convince them that your up to something." He turns to Zack and Spell Weaver, "That goes double for unicorns. Not everypony around there has a... positive out look on unicorn magic. Second is that most ponies living that far out are doing so because they can't or don't want to live closer the crown. Where all still citizens, but try not to advertise the fact that we are with the guard... that will not make us alto of friends." He looks away as he says that last then turn to the train.

"Lets go save some lives!" He calls back to the group, as he clambered onto the the train.

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-01-20, 3:48 PM | Message # 73
Colonel general
the train ride so far was uneventfull till Bottle Rocket heard a noise from the roof, the others are asleep so he quietly makes his way out as he passes Zack's compartment the door opens "where are you going Rocket?"

"uh.. couldn't sleep sir, too much on my mind thought I'd go for a walk"

"very good, keep your eyes open we still don't know much about our enemies and try not to wake the others." Zack said with a smirk before quitely closing his door. Bottle finaly made it to the roof only to be greeted by Lumious Star the white hooded pony from Ponyville

"ah young Bottle Rocket I knew you'd come, tell me how much do you really know about Zack and this team of your's?"

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-01-20, 8:18 PM | Message # 74
Generalissimo
Bottle Rocket looks around at the dark country side wiping past. "Well for one thing I know that they like to travel INSIDE moving trains!" He shouted over the howling wind.

"Ah let me take care of that for you." The white pony lifted his head and suddenly the sound of the wind died to a faint murmur. "Now I believe you can give me a better answer then that." He chastised.

Bottle Rocket looked around and sighed. "I take it that this is one of these situations where if I tell you to go buck yourself that I am going to end up riding under the train?"

The hooded figure shook his head. "Now, now young pegasus, if I was going to hurt you, do you think I would have give you this chance to talk? Do you not think that myself and my compatriots would not have simply killed you in the woods. Besides if you did not want to talk to me, you would have run for help already. In fact you would have woken your 'friends' to come with you. Is that not a conman practice where you come from? Do you not trust them or have you simply abandoned all your old ways exchange for some fancy wing blades and a warm meal?"

Bottle Rocket glowered at the figure, but he could not deny that he should have woken somepony to go with him. Tartarus take him, he had lied to Zack coming up here! Did he not trust them?

Pushing the troubling thoughts aside he focused instead on the original question. "I know that Zackmarcus is my commanding officer in the Guard. I know he has... some kinda of... shadow thing living in him. I know he has a brother who apparently has a god child, so I kinda can't doubt his loyalty to the crown."

"And the others?" The hooded pony asked.

"Well..." Bottle Rocket thought for a moment. "There is Colonel Rockbreaker. He's a smart guy, a good leader and seems to really care. I trust him plenty. Then there's Fever Pitch... hes an idiot, but his hart is definitely in the right place and he one of the fastest flyers I have ever seen. Finally there Spell Weaver. She is hoofs down, the best spell cast I have ever seen. She is smart, kind, she friendly, she totally dependable..." Bottle Rocket drifts off for a moment before blushing and stating "And she is solid as a rock, so don't think you are going to twist my head around on any of them with your crazy phyco babel!"

'And yet you did not trust you to come with you and you still have doubts about all thous powers, don't you?' A tiny niggling voice chided from the back of his head.

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2013-01-21, 7:00 AM | Message # 75
Colonel general
Chuckling creepily "dear colt I'm afraid you misunderstand this psyco babel as you put it is merely me asking if you truly trust Zack and his guards but since you seem devoted to Zack I'll tell you something" he lowers his voice to an almost ominous tone "no matter what you do this world will end and there nothing you can do about it" Bottle's eyes shrink right before he charges the stallion who fades away into white light, his voice lingered "sleep well your real tests begin tomorrow"

Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz