MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
A New Nightmare
DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-30, 8:55 PM | Message # 91
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
{Going to assume you meant to say "ask". If you meant "see" or some other missing word that changes the context of the question, then just correct it and I will re-write this bit.}

The blue pony nods and sits down opposite of you. I hear you are looking for a baby dragon. One that lives with Ponyville's librarian?"

"Yes, Spike. I suspect he was grabbed by some of the same ponies responsible for the Cloudsdale attack." You confirm.

The pegasus frowns at this, but nods. "Well I can tell you for a fact that he was not taken by the ponies responsible for the attack on Cloudsdale."

"How?" You ask leaning in.

"Because, he is in the gust room." He points towered one of three doors across the center room. Don't go in there just yet!" He adds quickly as you turn to get up. "He took a nasty hit to the face and it took a fair bit of medication to get him to sleep. You can cheek on him, but let him sleep while we talk. There will be plenty of time to talk to him in the morning." His voice is soothing and looking back to the table you see that both he and Dittzy are giving you pleading looks.

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-30, 9:41 PM | Message # 92
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Zack nods and walks up to the door and quietly opens it and see the young drake sleeping in his normal way, chuckling quietly he closes the door "thank Celestia" he returns to his seat "okay now way is it that Ditzy, Spike, and I are here?"

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-01-31, 3:12 AM | Message # 93
Generalissimo
The pegasus sighs. "I Your all here for driftnet reasons. Ditzy is here because somepony I trust told me I could trust her and because she believes in what where trying to do. Spike is here... we he is here because I did not know when any of you would return and I could not leave him in the state he was in if nopony was going to be able to help him."

He pauses for a moment moment and looks over to Ditzy as it if looking for confirmation. In turn she looks at you, looks back and him and gives him a smile and a nod. He lets out a breath and fixes you with a steady stare. "Your here because the Children have been seriously damaged in the resent battle at Cloudsdale. Many of them died in the attack and thous who survived are being hunted by the guard as well as vigilantes."

He gets up from the table and trots over to a chest, stowed away in a corner of the main room, mostly buried under a pile of blankets and stale bags. He bends down, unlocks it and begins to rummage thou its contents. "They will probably make it through, thou. They have been around alto longer then the resent troubles. Most of the reported small scale stuff is just the usual angry ponies using a mask and a rallying point to vent there own frustrations while feeling like there something bigger then themselves. I doubt you will see much of that after Cloudsdale thou. Things just pretty ugly with that name. AH!"

He stops searching and stands, holding a bundle of dark cloth in his mouth. He canters over the to the table and dropped the pile of clothing in front of you. On top of it is a small amulet, slimier to the one used to cast a basic glamour on the guards, but where that one is gold, this one is silver.

As you examine the spelled object the pegasus adds, "The problem is that the Children of the Night where not there to destroy Cloudsdale," You turn you attention to the pile, "they where fighting the ponies that did." You take hold of a strap poking out from a fold in the cloths and find yourself staring at a VERY filmier pair of purple rimed, creaked yellow flight goggles.

You look up at the pegasus, your mind now applying goggles and mask to his face. Its not a perfect match, but nothing a glamour spell like the one your hold could not fix. This is the same shadowbolt you dragged to Twilight's house and the same one who's escape happened at the same time as Spike's disappearance!

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-31, 7:50 AM | Message # 94
Colonel general
"so I'am just to belive that the Shadowbolts are good guys" Zack looks pensive for a second before he softens and looks back at Ditzy "is this for real Ditzy?"

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-02-01, 0:28 AM | Message # 95
Generalissimo
Ditzy, gives you a reassuring smile. "I have no idea! His friends where pretty mean, but he has been supper nice and helped Spike after his friend's kicked him."

The pegasus coughs, uncomfortably. "Too be fair, we had just been crushed by something that looked like Nightmare Moon that then destroyed cloudsdale and blamed us for it, so they where a little testy, when they had to rescue me from a baby dragon, in the middle of a town full of ponies on the look out for them."

He looks at you imploringly, "Look, you have to under stained, up until the summer sun celebration, we where basically just bunch of historians. We preserved the knowledge and costumes of Luna's court after her banishment. Sure way back when, the first children probably wanted revenge on Celestia, but it had been a thousand years since she was banished and by that point it was more tradition keeping us going. Then she came back! Nopony expected that to happen and we certainly didn't think she was actually a monster, we thought that was just a legend! When she was restored, alto of us just whet to work for her or just left the group. She was back and we where redundant."

He waves a hoof over the cottage. "This was a secret meeting place, now a days its a time shared vacation home for some of the local, former members. If not for the resent trouble, the whole group would have just faded away."

His eyes narrow and he seems to look past you. "Then the princess up and vanished. At the same time, as if on cue, one of the decoy element bares winds up in the hospitable, put there by a ponies using our name. Then there was the vandalism, the attacks, the disappearances, all in our name, with descriptions of that where a bit to close to out members for comfort. Dashing told us that it was 'Our duty, to find the princess' and 'do what we can to stop these ponies, misusing our name!'"

He shakes his head. "Problem is the first time we even came close to accomplishing anything like either of thous things was when I saw you head up to Cloudsdale after getting one of thous letters. I figured if a guard pony got one of thous, then it must be serious and so I sent the word up to any pegasus children around Cloudsdale or Ponyville, telling them to suit up and meet me outside the weather factory. Turns out we found the princess and got to try and stop the ponies using our name all in one big action." His voice grows bitter at the end and as he glares into the middle distance."

"Since then, we have been scattered, hunted, tied up and threatened." He turns his glare at you on that. "And now we have been so badly beaten that literally the best course of action I can think of is to try and work with the pony who tied me to a table, right after I lead a whole lot of my friends to there death trying to keep him from getting killed, by the very pony I was spouses to devote my life preserve the memoir of!" He finished, shouting as he rises part way to all fours.

"Muffin?" Ditzy asks, shoving a pastry into the other ponies mouth.

His look of shock, slowly fades into one of embarrassment as he sits back down, mumbling something around muffin still sticking out of his mouth.

"He says hes story." Ditzy translates with another happy smile.

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2013-02-01, 5:17 AM | Message # 96
Colonel general
"I'm sorry, my actions lead to the deaths of so many now I find my self at an impass with no way forward or to avenge them. So many are still counting on me but I've got nothing, Discord was right I am weak unable to protect anypony" Zack's head droops down so low it almost touches the ground "Luna, Twilight, Spike, you, Ditzy, and everypony in Cloudsdale. All suffer because I'm not strong enough." he grits his teeth as tears start to flow "dam it, I swore I would never that weak foal who couldn't save his father again but here I am."

Ditzy sided up to Zack and leaned into him "muffin?"

Zack gave a short laugh "I never understood how you have so many of those." he took it and took a half-hearted bite "thank you"

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-02-01, 7:29 AM | Message # 97
Generalissimo
The other pegasus awkwardly at the table. "Look, I didn't mean that. Its not your fault with what happened up there. Heck, if not for you we might not have been able to prevent them from just going after the rest of the workers and citizens. As it is, there are pretty few ponies died who where not actually in the fight, even with the whole city comeing down. Lucky it was Cloudsdale I guess..." He trails off. "I am just angry right now, I did't mean to take it out on you."

"Look, there is probably more questions you have for us and I know that where going to have to fill each other in a bit more on what each of us has found out, but its been a long day. I almost got zapped to death by irony and I can only imagined what you saw in that things lair. For right now I think we both need a good nights sleep. You can have the main room. I will make myself up something and Ditzy already asked to go home till morning, since there's not alto of danger of ponies suspecting her. Shes not part of the group and she was not involved in the fight so she should be safe. We will meet back up after she has had a chance to bring her filly over to family in Canterlot while she works with us."

Ditzy nodded her appreciation.

"Unless there is anything else you need to know post hast, I think we should turn in then."

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-02-02, 0:58 AM | Message # 98
Colonel general
"your right, the cooler head prevails as my father used to say. if its all the same to you i'll sleep in here with the entrance, i'm used to sleeping on hard ground anyway long missions will do that to ya." Zack finshed with a smile as he walked over to a corner and began to set his equipment out.

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-02-02, 8:56 AM | Message # 99
Generalissimo
That night your dreams once again find you lost in the void. Like before, the void is priced by the silver light.

Around you you can now see a number of shadowy pony forms. They seem largely unaware of you, till one of the shadow ponies turns towered you. It dose not speak, but still you feel as thou it wants you to follow it as it lifts above the others and begins to move towered a silvery orb situated before the shadow ponies.

Without thought for what you are doing or even how, you lift up and fly silently towered the sphere.

Just before you reach it, a lesion of green light rips a hole in the silver orb! A thousand screams seam to echo from every direction as the shadow ponies are sent flying away.

Your guild seems to resets, attest for a little a little while, but then a burst of green light lances from the gaping wound in the sphere, impaling it!

Cold, well beyond anything you have ever felt rips you from the dream. The sun is shining in thou the window, telling you that it is attest morning, but your chest still burns from the cold. Looking down you see that amulet you are where has actually frozen to your skin, the area around it, white with frost.

This alarming turn of events is forced from your mind as you hear a horrific scream from the the room your host was sleeping in.

Getting to all fours you rush into his room.

The pegasus is writhing in the bed, blood poring from a deep, long gash running from the base of his neck down to his rear right hoof!

{For the record, cannon has sated that you CAN'T use magic to heal injuries.}

Added (02.02.2013, 8:56 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, on the path leading to the cottage, a lone unicorn canters along, oblivious to what is going on inside to outwardly peaceful abound.

TenmaDate: Saturday, 2013-02-02, 9:05 AM | Message # 100
Sergeant
Group: Users
Nigel Shetland investigated the cottage. His mind was racing, trying to figure out why Dashing Orange ordered him out here. It seems like an ordinary cabin. Probably had something to do with retrieving that book.

His thoughts, however, were interrupted by screams! Nigel jumped. What on Equestria could that be?! Nigel nudged the door open and peered inside. All he could see was another unicorn blocking a door way.

"I do say," Nigel said, "What in Luna's name is going on here?!
"

Message edited by Tenma - Saturday, 2013-02-02, 9:06 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-02-03, 8:13 AM | Message # 101
Colonel general
"If you've got any medical training please, HELP." both unicorns try to help the pegasus "damit all I've got basic first aid, I'm not trained for such a sevear wound" Zack said losing his composure as more and more blood spilled from the wound

"I dare say this looks grim"

"try to help him, I'm going to flash to the hospital" {Flash - a magic tech that enables the user to move to a new physical location simular to Twilights Blink but this version has combat application as it makes no noise or light}

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-02-03, 8:46 AM | Message # 102
Generalissimo
{For the love of... look I told you that summoning wings was the last crazy powerful spell you got! Only two characters in the show can teleport, one of them being the element of magic and the other being Celestia, a god like entity. Unless this was your ONLY major spell I would not allow this spell for anyone and certainly not that version, which is quite a bit more useful then Twilight's. I will let you have a rapid movement ability, but the trade off is going to be that it pretty much will burn you out if you use it to move more then then 5 miles, consecutively, in a single day. That mean you can go TOO the hospitable, but then your magically drained (thou not burnt out) for the rest of the day.}

The pegasus grits his teeth, then shouts, "CABINET! MEDICAL SUPPLY'S! SUTCHER!"

He is rapidly losing blood. You don't know if there is any serious internal damage, but for right now you need to stop the bleeding if you want him to have a chance of surviving till help arrives.

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-02-03, 10:37 AM | Message # 103
Colonel general
{thats what the spell does. Jeez everypony seems to think I don't know how to balance my OCs. I honestly thought blink was a admited less common magic but any could learn if applied to it.}

"what?"

"he said 'cabinet' old bean!"

Zack rushes to the cabinet in question and finds box "this I can do but afterwards we have to get him to the hospital or he'll get infected." Zack quickly got to work it took seveal minutes but the bleading stopped for now "ok that should hold for now thanks for the help uh.... I didn't get your name." Zack gets a little suspicious

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-02-03, 9:38 PM | Message # 104
Generalissimo
{OK, because we have a new player I am going to reiterate this. According to the show unicorns, "Have only a few spells based on there special talent, unless there special talent is magic."

To balance things for the game I am taking this as 1 major spell, + a small number of minor spells. Additionally, teleportation, Industrial scale levitation and creating a huge shield to protect a large area, all count as being beyond the reach of most unicorns, unless its the solo ability. I am willing to allow the rapid speed thing, but to be clear, this is "Pinkie Pie speed" not instant transportation.

Don't want to be a jerk and in other stories these rules don't have to apply, but THIS story will not work if the PCs are above a cretin, fairly low, power level. Sorry for the inconvenience.}

TenmaDate: Monday, 2013-02-04, 4:47 AM | Message # 105
Sergeant
Group: Users
Nigel's eyes went wide. He trotted around the scene. Luna, this looked terrible. I wonder what happened to the poor fellow.

"I am Professor Nigel Shetland and I was sent by Dashing Orange to collect a book." He took a deep breath, trying not to faint at the sight, "I heard it was here."

Forum » Roleplay » Dark » A New Nightmare (Is Civil War brewing or something even worse?)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz