MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Training the Guard.
DuhadDate: Monday, 2013-01-21, 10:56 AM | Message # 76
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Bottle Rocket slid to a stop mere centimeters from the edge of the train. He looked around for the source of the voice, but he was alone. Head lowered he trotted back to end of the train as the wind returned, its fury seemingly redoubled from its previous absence.

Inside once again he walked slowly down the rumbling train cars till he came to the door of his commanding officer. He looked at it for a long moment.

"How much do you really know about Zack?"

Bottle Rocket raised a hoof to knock, to tell the lieutenant what had just happened to him. To tell him that he had told the monster that he trusted all of his new friends and that he was actually scared, but that he would do whatever it would take to save Equestia...

Bottle Rocket lay down in his set. The others where still fast asleep, oblivious to the terrors the night had brought. 'Let them sleep.' He thought as he lay down. "I will tell you all in the morning. Promise." He whispered as his eyes closed.

As sleep over took him he thought he heard his own voice whispering, "Don't make promise you don't intend to keep."

That night his dreams where filled with mocking laughter and the smell of smoke.

ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-22, 7:06 PM | Message # 77
Colonel general
Group: Checked
"I don't belive this" Weaver said as she and the others turned to walk out of the compartment Bottle tried to follow but was stoped at the door by Zack

"the trust of familiy is the most fragilie" he said slowly Bottle looked up to say something but was meet with a set of glowing brown eyes on a yellow coated face as the body attached to it swung a massive sword at him.

he awoke with a start to find the others looking at him with concern

"Bottle Rocket are you ok?" he flinched as she ask so he told them about the dream and the event of last night "what in Faust's name were you thinking he could have killed you."

"I'm glad he didn't wake me up I was having an awesome dream about me and Rainb..." he stoped when he noticed the looks "training we were training" chuckling nerviously

the train started to stop, Zack meet them outside alongside two new ponies one was a Night Guard her cuite mark was a blue dagger almost perfectly conceled in her black coat the other was a perfectly normal pegasus aside from his cuite mark a cloud passing before the moon "oh your here this my special recon team Night Blade and her partner Thrill, introduce yourself " Zack said

"good morning all my name is Night Blade. my partner and I can go anywhere completly undetected we've been caught once and that was by Zack" she looks at Thrill "come on there is nopony around for miles everypony here is with the guard drop the act." Thrill nodded as he brust into green flame to reveal a changeling with a grayed out left eye and a cutie mark?!

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-23, 0:20 AM | Message # 78
Generalissimo
{Wait... one eyes changing who is part of the guard? You read 'Hybrids' did't you!}

Bottle Rocket hoped back as he saw the creature. "What in Celestia's name are you?"

"Calm down cadet. I am a changing, not a monster." The creature rolled its green eyes. "If you don't mind I would love to get thou one introduction without somepony screaming, running away to trying to hit me with something, alright?"

Bottle Rocket rubbed the back of his neck ruffly. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"Its alright, you get used to it." The thing shrugged its strange, plated shoulders.

Bottle Rocket still looked a bit embarrassed, but asked, "Whats been happening here? All the orders we got said that there was some kind of disturbance? Is everypony OK? Do you know if there is a green unicorn still at the village?"

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-23, 7:20 PM | Message # 79
Colonel general
{yes I am reading 'Hybrids' but these two have been together since foal/nymph hood}

"uh sorry we don't know a green unicorn our recon was on the monsters"

"speaking of which"

"sir, the 'golems' as the townfolk have begun to call them do in fact have a weakness, one spot on the body is discolored the location is random but when enough force is applied to it the golem crumbles "

"alright then Bottle Rocket lead the way" Rocket did just that, as Weaver got closer to Night Blade.

"so how did you get a changeling as a partner?" she asked with a raised brow

"we knew each other long before the guard, I was still a foal in ShadeHollow but I ran away couldn't stand to eat other living things and I found him halfdead in a clearing been together ever since" Blade look at Thrill as he talks to Fever soon a blush forms but she notices the enviroment "Thrill we're here" the changeling nodes and in quickly enveloped in green fire and back to the pegasus.

"ok everypony heres our cover we are all off duty as members of a team who Bottle Rocket here is the lead and he wanted to visit home, ok?"

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-23, 11:53 PM | Message # 80
Generalissimo
"Grate so now everypony gets to think that I am bring stage guards here on holiday..." Bottle Rocket grumbles, but made no made no further protest as he lead the group to the entrance of the hamlet.

A lookout pegasus dives in front of the group for a concealed vantage point hidden in rocky hills to either side of the community. "Hold up there!" He calls rising himself to his full height, wings spread to block the narrow rout in. "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"Stick a rock in it Perchy. You know who I am." Bottle Rocket states impatiently.

"I don't know who THEY are thou!" The pegasus jabbed an accusing hoof at the others. "Last I heard you ran off to Canterlot to join the guard."

"Look, do you really think I would be dumb enough to just trot in here with a big group of solders in tow? There with Vyatka." Bottle snapped.

Instantly the other pegasus looked nervous. "Wait, the overseer never said anything about an inspection."

"Because if Vyatka did that, they would not find alto, now would they?" Bottle Rocket leaned into the Dark Orange pegasus, causing him to take a step back.

"Now come on Bottle! Your one of us, can't you cut us a bit of slake?" The lookout was almost begging by this point.

Bottle Rocket seemed to consider this for a moment then leaned in and in a stage whisper said, "Alright, but you have to give me some room. Give us somewhere nice to sleep and I will tell them that you tipped me off to a possible cache out in the woods. I will run them around the out side of the town for a few days and as long as you can all keep your mouths shut to Vyatka, these mercs should not catch wise till you have a chance to 'clean house'."

The look out nodded gratefully and speed off into the hamlet.

"That was the cover story." Zack pointed out evenly.

"Trust me, there has got to be a thousand bits hidden around this place in smuggled gems. The best way to avoid getting thrown out in our sleep or hared in the street is to make them think that Vyatka has finally given up on trying to play nice and just stopped going throe easily bribed underlings for there inspections." Bottle Rocket explained.

"Wait the ponies here are just stealing for there employer?" Weaver asked, sounding shocked.

"Yep. To be fair its not like Vyatka is losing at much. With what they pay there employs and how much they pull out of the ground, its not like there hurting that badly. Besides if you wanted to go and try and punish ponies for this kinda of thing, you would have to lock up most the the ponies that live in this whole area. Where there is gem mining  there is gem smuggling. Why do you think everypony around here is so jumpy around guards? The long arm of the law generally dose not come out this far unless its something really bad..." He trails off then adds in an undertone, "When that happens, alto of innocent folks get hurt..."

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-01-24, 6:18 PM | Message # 81
Colonel general
"I guess I should have let you make the cover. Go find your friend we'll meet with Tiger Lily and Sky Ripper and catch up with you later" Bottle was hesitant but soon flew off as Zack walked to INN and mustered up as dark look as he could "I've heard a couple of travalers are staying in town, tell me where they are now" he asked the mare next to the door who pointed in side and said "seven" "thank you dear, now lets this inspection underway." Entering the room two ponies were seen one was a deep blue pegasus lounging on a bed with a cuite mark of three clouds being split in half, the other was a yellow unicorn meditting in a cornor of the with a tiger lily for a mark. "now for the soundproofing" waving his horn as he closed the door "now report" in his normal voice.

meanwhile with Bottle Rocket

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-01-24, 9:57 PM | Message # 82
Generalissimo
"And you are sure you have not seen him in a week?" Bottle Rocket was beginning to feel panic rising inside him.

"That's what I said, isn't it?" The overseer, a large light purple earth pony, was clearly getting annoyed with Bottle Rockets questions. "Last time I saw him was when he and a bunch of locals went out to go looking for a bunch of da workers who went missing."

Bottle Rocket felt weak. He had now heard the story from three diffident ponies and none ad seen hide nor hair of any of the search party since they had gone left the camp. It was unlikely that anypony had bothered to go looking for them as the ground that would needed to be covered would require another search party on hoof and while flying would be faster, this close the border it would be an open invitation to be ponced on by flock of griffons bandits or even official patrols if they flew to near the invisible, poorly determined line separating the two kingdoms.

Bottle Rocket knew these dangers better then most and even having gotten lucky more then once, it was not a mistake he would make again for only the slimiest chance of finding them.

Even so, he would not, COULD NOT just sit idly, as unlikely as he was to succeed it would still be hours before he was spouses to meet back up with the others and thous where hours he could spend attest trying to find his friend.

Spreading his wings Bottle speed off into the treeline at the edge of the mining area. All he had to do was keep an eye on the sun and be back by the appointed time and then he could tell the rest of the group what he had found out. Besides, so far the only time he had actually gotten into serious trouble was when he was with his friends. On his own he could hid, evade or out run danger, so he should be fine.

He repeated that last in his head several times are he flew over the rocky hills and dense woods of the borderlands.

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-01-26, 5:08 AM | Message # 83
Colonel general
"so it is as I suspected" Zack said a dark scowl adourning his face

"I'm sorry sir I'am afraid I don't follow" Tiger Lily said confused

"its better if we wait I don't want to explain twice"

back to Bottle Rocket

in a flash of light Bottle finds himself on the ground and a dark silver hand in his face

"be silent, griffion raiders" it said as it pointed to a cave on a hill side soon seven griffions poured out "now can I ask what your doing here, don't see many ponies this close to the boarder" now able to see it is a dragon with dark silver scales, the fins on his head were a faint yellow he crossed his arms allowing Bottle to see the staff on his back, his deep green eye narrow showing his patience wane

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Thursday, 2013-01-31, 6:28 AM

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-01-26, 6:46 AM | Message # 84
Generalissimo
{I am going to work under the assumption that this is a younger dragon, since the hand is not completely crushing Bottle's body.}

Bottle Rocket's eyes meet thous of the dragons. The sudden urge to point out that the dragon seemed a bit minuscule when compared to the monster he had seen before sprung to his lips, but he forced it down with a gulp, no point in pissing off the still sizable creature.

"My name is Bottle Rocket and I am looking for a friend of mine who went missing out here. He and a group of ponies from my village and a local mine where trying to find others who had gone missing." Bottle gives the dragon an inquisitive look. "You would not happen to have seen a green unicorn, horn headed pony, running around hear within the last week or two, would you?"

After another moment of thought he added. "Oh and I am part of a larger group of armed and trained royal guards ponies, so if you try and eat me or lead me to get eaten, they will find you... and... they have magic that can toast a whole dragon whole, so don't get any funny ideas, alright?"

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-01-27, 8:49 PM | Message # 85
Colonel general
the teenage drake who stands one hoof taller than Bottle chuckled "royal guard? you mean like this." he produces a small embelm from his 'pockets?' a royal guard embelm "my name is Tanzanite but I go by the nickname Zan." He points the staff at Bottle Rocket "duck" the orb on the staff glows brightly as Bottle hits the ground a second later a griffon hits the ground next to Bottle "and yes I did see green unicorn with large sized group they got caught by that band of raider." The dragon started sniffing "you smell like someone I know. who is in your party?"

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-01-27, 9:25 PM | Message # 86
Generalissimo
Bottle rolls his eyes. "Its Zackmarcus. There's also a pair recon ponies named Night Blade and Thrill. Other then that, its just me, another recruit and sergeant, but ya your probably just smelling Zack. It seems everypony and crazy monster I have meet this week knows him... Kinda makes me wonder if that crazy white pony from the train was onto something with that whole 'how much do you really know about him' thing..."

Bottle Rocket shakes his head. "Look that's not important right now! We have to go and save thous pony captives! Zack can wait till after we have saved them!" Bottle Rockets takes off and begins hovering low to the ground, clearly impatient.

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2013-01-28, 11:20 PM | Message # 87
Colonel general
"sorry your right lets go" Zan flew at the cave and slammed the only guard over the head with the staff "he'll be out for three hours, now lets find those missing pon-" he was cut off by a griffon tackling him from inside the cave Zan grabed its beak reaching for his staff but it was to far.

DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-29, 4:52 AM | Message # 88
Generalissimo
Bottle Rocket charged the griffon, tackling it of the dragon and slamming it into the floor. "He I don't know how long he is going to be out for, it ill be long enough." He shouted as he ran further into the cave, bellowing, "GAIN WAY! ANGRY PEGASUS INCOMING!

Message edited by Duhad - Tuesday, 2013-01-29, 4:53 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-29, 11:02 PM | Message # 89
Colonel general
"you sure how to pick'em Zack" the drake said picking up his staff who was now following Bottle.

"Sounder come on bud tell me where you are" Bottle yelled but no answer save for an ear piercing call and flash of talons beelining for Bottle's head who closed his eyes only to open them a few seconds later to find to griffon caught in a silver aura "whew thanks Zack" he turned around but there was no Zack only the dragon who had his glowing staff pointed at the griffon "you can use magic?"

"what did you think those first two KOs were me just hitting the griffons with my staff? No the first was a sedation spell, the second was a point blank stun spell, and this is levitation" the griffon was flung into the roof of the cave knocking it unconscious "the last of the raiders have been dealt with you can call out to us now" Zan bellowed

"how do you know that for sure?" the drake explained that he'd been watching this cave for a few days now and only counted ten diffrent griffons saying that unless one never left the cave in that time there was only ten raiders.

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-01-30, 3:07 AM | Message # 90
Generalissimo
"Well that sounds about right... to many more and they would have to be hitting pretty large targets to make the shares worth the effort." Bottle agreed. Flying further into the cave he shouted, "Come on! SOUNDER! ITS BOTTLE! I AM HEAR TO RESCUE YOU! ... AND EVERYPONY ELSE, OBVIOUSLY!"

Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz