MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Dark » The Waning Days of Light (Can a despret and dangerous quest save Princess Celestia?)
The Waning Days of Light
ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-10-02, 2:57 AM | Message # 16
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Jack's mood takes a sudden nose dive as his eyes tear up and runs out to the roof

"oh dear, that's a sour subject for him its actually its the same story as his mark's." Tak sits with a glum look "we were just about done with our first year of Canterlot high, Jack wanted to celebrate early so he took our friends out to Stardust Hill but on the way back we ran into a pack of timberwolves Jack and myself were on top of things and most of our friends held their own except Jack's marefriend" Tak closed her eyes

"she died" Jack said closing the door behind him "she just said yes to being my marefriend I couldn't protect her, after that I swore it would never happen again" Jack's eyes became sharp and hard "and thats when this showed up" Jack turned to show his mark 'a silver shield with two white wings flanking it'

"mine show up the next day," Tak turned to show her's 'a populated chess board with a rapier in the center "I went over the battle time and again till I realized we had the best possible result"

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-10-02, 6:32 PM | Message # 17
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Brass Belle nods sympathetically. "The lose of a loved one is never an easy thing to bare. Back where I am from danger and death are far more common then they are here, but lose loses very little of its sting until it has become to common that the sting is sourly missed."

Nightingale just looks uncomfortable, unsure of how to react to the revelation. Finally offers a weak, "Sorry." As her eyes drop to the floor. At the very lest her face has cooled to the point where it no longer looks like she is about to suffer from an hart attack.

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-10-03, 6:21 PM | Message # 18
Colonel general
"It's ok I've gotten past it mostly but it still hurts" Jack said looking down

"oh Jack" Tak said hugging her brother

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-10-03, 6:45 PM | Message # 19
Generalissimo
The others look mildly uncomfortable, clearly unsure what to say after the personal confections and unwilling to interrupt the moment between brother and sister.

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2013-10-04, 11:21 PM | Message # 20
Colonel general
Jack's old demeanor returns after they release "thanks I needed that"

"so any of you have stories to tell?"

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-10-05, 2:07 AM | Message # 21
Generalissimo
Nightingale shakes her head. "Nothing all that dramatic. My parents both served the Princess during the invasion, mom with the night gaurd at the battle of Canterlot and my father was the head of the pre-REA forces that took the palace back after the invaders drove Celestia insane." Her voice takes on a notably harder tone at this last as he face sets into a scowl. She relaxes after a moment, but her voice still holds a tone of bitterness as she continues. "After what the changelings," she spits out the word like a curse, "did to Cloudsdale in the guise of Nightmare Moon there where allot of ponies who blamed us for what happened, even saying that the Princess had just usurped power from her sister, using the war as an excuse." The bat pony glares at the floor. "Some ponies still think that way know, but it was worse back then. I was only a baby when mom was asked to help lead her team of Night Guard to assist in the rebuilding of Cloudsdale. It was part of Dashing Oranges plane for 'Rebuilding trust and harmony'. She got harassed and attacked by ponies who though that she was working for the Princess 'secret agenda'. It eventually got so bad that father had to station his own soldiers to keep order. Mom hated him for that, she still says that what he did there did more harm then anything that the pegasi did since it confirmed ponies suspicions about the Princess's plans."

She looks up, looking a little embraced. "I'm sorry, you don't want to here me talk your ears off about all that family history. My parents got divorced when my little brother turned ten, but I was fourteen by then and I had Gleaming Shield who was seventeen to help me get though that. Father... I think in his own way he did what he thought was best. He left us with mom for most of the year while he volunteered to inspect the forts along the border and even though we all knew that Gleaming wanted to join him more then anything in the world, he asked her to help take care of me for an extra year in exchange for letting her join his personally trained company rather then starting in basic as he preferred." She smiles. "Still, nopony died and I am still pretty close to both my parents so I can't complain! I wanted to join up to serve with Gleaming Shield and father, but I have had... some problems getting in so I am really hoping this mission will help with that!" She looks at Brass Belle. "What about you?"

The earth pony shrugs. "I grew up in a small town. Ponies where born, lived and died without interference by the alicorns princess of Equestria. Then you where attacked by changelings. That happens to us from time to time, but when we shore up our defenses we cheek our numbers and strengthen our walls. When you decided you are not safe you build tall stone forts and station them with large families worth ponies who's only job is to be prepared to fight."

He looks from one of his companions to the next. "We did not know exactly where the borders where till they where drawn by defensive structures. Thous on one side became part of Equestria, thous who where not had to chose to help Equestria or stay out of its way. We knew an opportunity when we saw it so we offered to help our local fortress in exchange for favors. That's what I am doing here, a favor for a favor."

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-10-06, 3:27 AM | Message # 22
Colonel general
Tak smiles widely "no your fine Nightingale, father always said 'Trust is the key to a strong Party"

"besides if any of you ever need help just give us a call, we'll be there" Jack said grabbing his sister with one foreleg and holding the other forehoof in front of his face

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-10-06, 6:22 AM | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Nightingale nods and Brass Belle smiles. "Wonderful to here it."

{If you have anything else to revile or you want to ask any more questions or if Shaded Glade wants to ask or say anything do it now, other wise just say something to the effect of "For the rest of the trip the twins did X."}

Will_EvergrennDate: Thursday, 2013-10-10, 11:53 PM | Message # 24
Sergeant
Group: Users
"If you don't mind me asking, what do your marks stand for?" Glade asked Brass and Nightingale

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-10-11, 0:35 AM | Message # 25
Generalissimo
Brass looks a little surprised by the question then smiles. "Oh mine is simple. Ever since I was little I would take every opportunity to go poking around our home. When I was old enough to leave the village on trips and expeditions I took each and every chance I had presented. Then one day we where attacked by a gang of Diamond Dogs who's territory we had crossed into. I got separated and turned around pretty badly, but even so I was not scared. I kept my head and followed the signs and in less then two days I was back home, a day before the main group and with this to show for it." He raises his leg, showing off his dotted line and red X cutie mark."

Nightingale shifts uncomfortably in her armor. "Oh mine is boring, you don't want to here about it." She says giving the others an unconvincing smile. "Its just a helmet, you know because I am going to be a gaurd and protect ponies like mom and gleaming."

Brass gives her a odd look. "Do you want to let us see it or...?"

Nightingale turns slightly pale. "No! I mean why do you want to look at my flank so bad anyway?" She glares at Brass then at Glade and Jack. "Anyway, even if my cutie mark was something special or interesting, it would not matter because I am wearing my armor and you may not know this, but its a pain in the flank to take it off and an even bigger one to put it back on aging, so I don't see any reason to do that so that you can just look at my butt." She stamps a hoof for emphasizes, face once aging face back to a bright shade of red. "Anyway, what dose your cutie mark mean?" She finally asks, trying to change the subject."

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-10-20, 7:36 PM | Message # 26
Generalissimo
After long silence Nightingale looks away. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you all."

{If no one posts in the next few days I am just going to move time ahead to the end of the train ride.}

Will_EvergrennDate: Sunday, 2013-10-20, 8:53 PM | Message # 27
Sergeant
"It's ok. I just can't remember everything" Glade Said looking downcast "I only remember what it means, not how I got it"

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-10-20, 8:56 PM | Message # 28
Colonel general
"so what does it mean?"

"Jack!, you shouldn't be so forward"

Will_EvergrennDate: Sunday, 2013-10-20, 9:04 PM | Message # 29
Sergeant
"It's alright, I brought it up, It means I can sneak past just about anypony" Glade said with pride, showing his 'tree silhouette before a moon' mark

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-10-20, 9:11 PM | Message # 30
Colonel general
"that's kinda cool" Jack said "except for the whole Tree thing" he added before getting knocked out by Tak

"I am deeply sorry for my brother's manners, I'm going to put him to bed and make sure he doesn't get into any more trouble" Tak said with a bow proceeding to levitate Jack out

Forum » Roleplay » Dark » The Waning Days of Light (Can a despret and dangerous quest save Princess Celestia?)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz