MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Dark » The Waning Days of Light (Can a despret and dangerous quest save Princess Celestia?)
The Waning Days of Light
DuhadDate: Monday, 2013-10-21, 0:24 AM | Message # 31
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
"Boy, mom would have killed Gleaming if she did that to me when I was being a pest." Nightingale muttered.

"Different families do things differently I guess." Brass Belle mused. "Still I hope he is not out to long, being knocked out from a blow to the head can easily lead to brain damage... not that I think we would notice with Jack." Nightingale began to giggle and before long both ponies had began to laugh, the awkwardness from earlier temporarily forgotten in there mirth.

Nightingale got a hold of her self first. Remembering Glade she quickly straighten up. "I am sorry sir, I don't actually think that brain damage is funny sir!" She snapped a salute.

Brass Belle's laugh quite as his genuine smile curled into a sneer. "And stick go's right back in. Typical."

Will_EvergrennDate: Thursday, 2013-10-24, 6:32 AM | Message # 32
Sergeant
Group: Users
"don't worry about him too much I've known the Marcus family for a while now and they all have thick heads" Glade said going to his compartment to rest up for the mission

Message edited by Will_Evergrenn - Thursday, 2013-10-24, 6:36 AM

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-10-24, 9:21 PM | Message # 33
Generalissimo
The other two look at one another then wordlessly head off to there own compartments.

When the train arrives at its destination everypony has had a chance to rest up and recover. The group is meet at the station by a pair of REA officers who quickly hurry you all into a walled fortress, built into the side of a mountainside.

The fort is filled with REA ponies, running too and fro, but all stop and salute as you pass with the officers. You are brought to what looks like a conference room where the officers tell you to wait, while they inform the commanding officer of your arrive.

You don't have long to wait after the ponies leave before a pair of ponies enter the room. The earth pony mare, you do not recognize, though her tightly breaded mane is the same color as Nightingale's. Though you have never seen the stallion in person before, you recognize him instantly from his intimidating, bronze full body armor and full helm.

Filed Marshal Songbird's voice is a deep, rumbling, rasp as he greets you. "Welcome to the border, soldiers. Its a pleasure to meet the Princess hoof picked team at last."

He dose not seem to notice or at lest dose not make any mention of his daughters prescience and as you look at her, you see that she is standing stock still, hoof raised in a formal salute.

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-10-27, 6:57 AM | Message # 34
Colonel general
Group: Checked
Jack snapped a salute as soon as he saw Nightingale was "Sir Private 2nd Class Jack Marcus ready for assignment Sir"

Tak shakes her head at Jack's overly enthusiastic greeting, "second year Magus major, Tak Marcus" she said with a slight bow

Will_EvergrennDate: Sunday, 2013-10-27, 7:08 AM | Message # 35
Sergeant
Glade salutes "Sir Ursa Major, Shaded Glade Sir"

{this is ZackMarcus, I think Luna would have specific Posts in the Night Guard named after constellations, Ursa Major is the post just inside the throne room door, Minor is outside}

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-10-27, 9:10 PM | Message # 36
Generalissimo
{Fair enough. I see her as being more of a traditionalist to Celstia's open and warm humanist, but the constellation thing is clever so ya lets roll with that.}

The mare snaps a quick salute, but the field marshal dose not move. After a second he says, "Now then, you have had a long trip and I am sure that you would like a chance to stretch your legs so I will make this brief. As three weeks ago we lost contact with a team consisting of some of the finest ponies this nation has ever produced. There last report came from a small village far to the south, in an independent pony nation, settled by Equestrian separatist who had fled the nation so long ago that no known records exist of the original conflict."

Songbird pulls a large map from under the confrere table and spreads it out. The map depicts the southern edge of the nation and the known lands beyond. Across badlands, hills and mountens towns and cities can be seen scattered across the land. Near the edge of the map, far from Equestria is a black dot, labeled 'Black Hoof'. Pointing to this do Songbird continues. "Here is where we got the last message from the first team. There last report mentioned that they had a promising lead on there goal, but that it was guarded in some sort of fortress. We fear they have been compromised in the pursuit of there objective. That's where you come in. We need you to make your way to this location, rescue the first team if you can and recover there objective if you cannot." He turns his head to get a better look at you all with his one remaining eye. "You are team Beta. Team Alpha was sent when the team did not report in for two weeks and team Gamma will be sent in another week. None of you should seek to meet one another, nor will any of you be encouraged to work together. Alpha is a civilian team, you are a unaffiliated REA team who will be officially designated as being AWOL for the duration of this mission and the Gamma team is a griffon lead mercenary  company who has been "officially hired" by the Griffon king to retrieve objective for themselves. If anything happens to any of you, then we will disavow you for the sake of maintaining diplomatic relations with the south."

"And what is this objective?" Brass asks. "What was so impotent that you would risk so many ponies on a black book mission that you already lost your best and brightest on?"

Songbird nods and the mare besides him retrieves a letter from her armor. "Thank you Captain Gleaming Shield." Songbird takes the letter from Nightingale's sister and lays it ontop of the map. The letter is from the legendary Twilight and quickly reading it you see that it concerns... "A cure for Celstia."

ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-10-29, 7:18 AM | Message # 37
Colonel general
"A cure" Tak said breathlessly

"for Celesita" Jack said losing strength in his back legs "we've only ever been told of her madness"

"but if this goes right, We'll meet the kind, caring, motherly princess Father told us about" Tak said with wide gleaming eyes "not to mention the chance to meet THE Twilight Sparkle"

Jack cracks a grin "you are such a bookworm"

Will_EvergrennDate: Tuesday, 2013-10-29, 7:24 AM | Message # 38
Sergeant
Glade's face held a look of fear 'this is way too high profile for me' he thought to himself before looking to his charge's excitement, 'Zack would be disappointed in me if I chickened out now' setting a determent look and salute

DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2013-10-29, 9:33 PM | Message # 39
Generalissimo
Songbird's covered face is unreadable, but Glade sees the old ponies gaze linger on him for just a moment before nodding almost imperatively. "Now then, I am sure you have many questions and I know that you will need supplies for your mission. I will answer anything it is within my authority to tell you and you may place any special requests for equipment with Captain Gleaming Shield."

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-11-03, 6:24 AM | Message # 40
Colonel general
"some dossiers on the target, previous team, and any oppision we might in counter as well as some Mythril and Adamantite stealth suits for protection would be a good start" Tak states in a professional manner

"here comes the TAKtician" Jack said jokingly earning him a glare from his sister

{if Mythril and Adamantite are still rare just say so. these two were raised in Canterlot so the best was never out of reach}

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-11-03, 7:34 AM | Message # 41
Generalissimo
{They don't exist. As far as we have seen the sisters and guards were steel and precious metals. As I mentioned before, the world follows relatively grounded rules. On the other hand, some fun real steal types do exist. Also, some fabrics are near as strong as steal and can even stop small caliber bullets of weaved right.}

Songbird shakes his head. "Your certainly the Marcus's children. You can't make a stealth suite out of metal and we can't smelt metal that has never been reliably documented. However, we do have a few sets of ranger's robes. There strong weave and reinforced with light chain stretched into the fabric as to not make a sound when moving. We fit them with a clasp that has a small diamond charged with a shadow melding spell that should help you remain unseen at night." He raises a warning hoof. "Its just a minor camouflage glamour though so don't run off thinking that you are invisible when you are wearing it! We call the spell a shadow meld because it looks like a dark shadow when you are in a dark place, but if its to bright, it's little better then warring white blanket in an off white room."

He taps his own armor. "Now if you don't mind being weighed down by 132 pounds of magically reinforced wootz steel, then we have some very nice suits in the armory, though if you are not an earth pony you might want to look into a lighter gaurd armor. There not as tough and they will not stop a determined griffon from getting at your neck." At this gleaming seems to stiffen slightly and Songbirds voice darkens. "But it will give you enough time for your CO to tear the bird apart before it can so much as lay a talon on you."

Nightingale looks slightly pale as she ducks lower into her own armor.

"As for what you are possibly looking at out there, Gleaming?" he steps aside and alows Gleaming Shield to step up.

"We have only an incomplete record of the lands beyond our borders to the south. Unlike the Griffon Kingdoms in the north and west and the lands of the Dragons to our south west, the deep south and south east have never been well documented. The badlands and deserts held only Diamond Dogs, Changlings and other creatures who wanted nothing good from ponykind. Our information comes largely from the letters Twilight Sparkle sent back from her own mission, a copy of which will be given to you before you leave. It will contain information on the ponies and creatures you might encounter."

She withdraws a scroll and opens it, reading cheeking it as she continues.

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-11-03, 8:05 AM | Message # 42
Generalissimo
"The first team was lead by Twilight Sparkle, former student of Princess Celestia. She brought along her five friends, Rainbow Dash, a former REA flight instructor and unofficial member of the Wonderbolts, Rarity, a civilian dress maker who's donations allowed us to fund all of these operations off the books by outfitting all four contingency teams along with an equally generous donation by the Apple Family who's head, Apple Jack, was also on the team. Then there was Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy... a baker and an animal care taker who where friends with ms Sparkle. Also joining them where two REA lutenist, who had severed with them, Zack Marcuse and my father during the invasion."

Gleaming Shield moves down the list. "After they failed to report for a predetermined period we alerted our extraction team. This one was purely civilian, a negotiation team that could get the first team out without looking like an act of aggregation. Accordingly we where very careful only send out a team that would have a reason to go after the first one without orders from us. They where leaded by Spike, a stunted, adolescent dragon who had served Twilight as an assistant. He brought along three mares, Apple Bloom, sister of Apple Jack, Sweetie Belle, sister of Rarity and a rising starlet in the music world and finally Scootaloo, not a blood relative to any of the mares, but a close friend of both the other mares on team two as well as Rainbow Dash. She was green light for the team despite leaking the power of flight due to Spikes unique ability to send messages long range with magic."

She moves to the bottom of the list. "And then after you four, there is 'Gilda's Talons', a griffon mercenary company that Rainbow Dash put us in contact with as a last resort team. Where team Beta's prime objective is saving the first team and yours is to save both if need be and to focus on the cure if not, there goal will be purely package recovery. There is no back up for your group should you and Beta fail. Teem Gamma will be paid handsomely, but only to retrieve the cure, so we would prefer to leave them as a last resource."

She looks up. "Anything else you would like to know in addition to your chose in gear?"

{In this version of Equestria because of Celestia's maddness and the toll that the disharmonious new nation brought on the main 6, Twilight never was given the push needed to unlock her true potential and become an alicorn. As I said from the beginning of New Nightmare, this world diverged from the main series one after the end of S2, but before S3.}

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-11-03, 9:21 AM | Message # 43
Colonel general
Jack features take on a confused and shocked edge "hold up, did you just say that most of our dad's friends are lost in a dangerous unknown landscape."

Tak looks like she is about to faint when her brother lets out a whooping cheer

"Yes!!!" he began, spinning his sister around "now our chance to be heroes just like dad" Tak quickly detached her self

Tak clears her throat "may I be the first to say, I am Scared out of my mind" she says just before fainting

"whoa"

DuhadDate: Sunday, 2013-11-03, 9:37 AM | Message # 44
Generalissimo
"MEDIC!" Songbird bellows!

A uniformed white Earth Pony hurries in and begins to cheek on the fallen mare.

"This seems like a good start..." Brass Belle mutters before looking at the general. "I'll take a ranger clock and if you have any rope, pack about twenty feet of that for me as well."

As Gleaming writes down the order Nightingale speaks up. "Sir, I would like a clock as well sir! Also, sir, ifs its alright I would also like to request a cross bow. I have been trained to use light ones."

Gleaming Shild takes another note. "And for you and your sister?" She asks Jack.

Message edited by Duhad - Monday, 2013-11-04, 0:35 AM

ZackMarcusDate: Sunday, 2013-11-03, 10:57 AM | Message # 45
Colonel general
"we'll take one of those cloaks too, as for weapons I've mastered the shortsword and my sis has a few competition wins in fencing so Rapier for her" Jack looks at his sister being looked over by the doctor "hey is that the newest issue of Magical Discoveries" he said causing his sister to jump up and begin looking around soon gaining a blush upon seeing her brother's grin

Forum » Roleplay » Dark » The Waning Days of Light (Can a despret and dangerous quest save Princess Celestia?)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz