MLP: Lunar Roleplay is a site dedicated to roleplaying for Bronies. We have a chat, stream and forums, as well as the chats from The Brony Network.

Main

Login

RSS

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Training the Guard.
DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-13, 11:50 PM | Message # 136
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
"Grate. How do I keep meeting ponies who can just vanish in to thine... wait... did he just admit to asking out... OH SWEET SUN, THAT WAS NOT A HALLUCINATION!" Bottle sat down heavily as his brain tired to re comprehend the partially repressed memories.

From a little ways away Spell Weaver heard Bottle Rockets cry and looked over and the motionless pegasus. "Rocket?" She called over to him.

"Oh let him be for a minute." Sounder chuckled. "Hes probably just been given some news that clashes with his odd little world view. He can be a bit dramatic about that sort of thing, but if you give him a little time he will be fine."

Spell Weaver looked at the older unicorn curiously. "Your Rocket's friend aren't you? Sounder, right?"

"I spouse he told you that?" When Spell Weaver nodded Sounder smile grew a bit wider. "Well I am glad he did't go off and forget all about us when he started meeting new ponies."

"Oh he definitely did not forget about all of you! In fact he pretty much jumped at the chance to come back here when the warning came in about the trouble out here." Spell Weaver quickly assured.

Sounder frowned. "I was actually hoping a bit of time away would help him realize why he should not want to come back here. This whole area is nasty, barbaric and cruel. The locals don't have much love for outsiders, unless there directly helping them and even then there disposition just rises to suspicious. I have done my best to try and get Bottle away from that mindset, but that's hurt both or our reputations. They don't like me and they don't trust him, not that he fully realizes it yet. If he comes back here it will be as a social pariah, an outsider in the eyes of the locals and a native in the eyes of Vyatka."

Sounder's smile has diapers completely as he looks Spell Weaver straight in the eyes. "I am not blind and I am not stupid. I know that you too have feels for one another and DON'T try to deny it." Spell Weavers mouth shuts almost before she realized it was open. "If you care for him even half as much as I do then you will do this for him. Make sure that once you all leave, he dose not come back here. Not to stay attest. After what has happened here I would not put it passed some of the locals or even some of Vyatka's employs pin the blame for this attack on all of you, him most of all since he is well known. Be assured that none of you would survive long if you stayed in this town. I will tell the same to your CO and then I am going to leave on the next train bound for the capital."

He stared at her for a minute longer then blinked and looked down. "I am sorry to have to put all of this on some pony I have never meet, but..."

Spell Weaver stepped up to the green unicorns and quickly nuzzled him. "Its alright. I'll do what I can." She promised.

Sounder gave her a tired smile. "Thank you." He turned and began trot away before turning back to her, his smile gaining some warmth again. "Oh and I should warn you, Bottle is very good at convincing himself that the worst will always happen. I have no doubt that he has manged to convince himself that if he asks you out, he will have been misreading your signal and ruin your friendship. Unless your happy just being friends with a blushing imbecile, I would recommend the direct approach!"  Sounder laughs as he hops off to the ground and trots off to find Zack or Zach.

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2013-02-15, 0:11 AM | Message # 137
Colonel general
Group: Checked
days later after a less than warm send off, Zack, the team, and Night and Thrill were on a train to Bay city. (the closest city to Horseshoe bay) "Alright" Zack began "the reports I got said that odd creatures were living in the bay, and Princess Celestia got her best researchers" Zack then coughed (Twilight Sparkle) causing many in the room to chuckle. "To find out what we're up against and she believes we face a type of beast from long ago know as sahagin 'a bipedal monster that ages ago went extinct' these thing fed on ponies so don't let your guard down."

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Saturday, 2013-02-16, 2:47 PM

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-02-15, 3:33 AM | Message # 138
Generalissimo
"Grate, pony eating sea monster, just what I was hoping for." Bottle griped.

"Actually that sounds pretty cool." Fever Pitch offered, leaning over Bottle Rockets seat rest.

"I really worry about you Fever." Bottle sighed, but he could not hid his smile. Even with the cold send off, going back home and doing what he had originally set out to do had seemed to have put the pegasus in an exceptionally good mode.

"Well, I may not be much for swimming, but seeing the sea will be nice." Rock Crushed mused. The earth pony talked little since they had left the town, but it had been relaxed sorta of quite.

"Well you can enjoy the sea all you want, but i'm looking forward fighting thous sahagin!" Spell Weaver announced to surprise of her friends.

"You looking forward to what?" Bottle Rocket asked incredulously.

"Oh come on Rocket, we are going to be the first living ponies to see these creatures alive! It will be a major moment in natural history! Then we get to beat the stuffing out of them and be the first living ponies to see them AND beat them up!" Spell Weaver grinned.

"What about the ponies who wrote the reports about them?" Fever Pitch asked, confused.

Spell Weaver thought about it then shrugged. "Well we still get to be the first ponies to beat them up."

Rock Crusher leaned in to Bottle Rocket. "And your still planing on asking her out when we reach The Bay?"

"Not going to lie, she kinda scares me sometimes, but... ya... probably." Bottle Whispered back.

"Well you better hope she actually is interested in you then pal, because otherwise... well lets just say you don't want me to tell you about her LAST suitor." Rock Cruncher turned back his window.

Bottle Rocket shoot him a look. "What happened to him?"

"You don't want to know... anyway if I told you she might get mad at me and I am not that stupid." Rock Crusher stared out his window.

"Your just messing with me aren't you?" Bottle Rocket glared at Rock's back, then over to where Spell Weaver was talking animatedly with Thrill.

"Right?" He muttered, then stood up. "Excuse me I need to run down the little clots room." He declared before making a B line for the back of the train car.

As Bottle Rocket left the train car for the next one Fever Pitch hoped onto Rock and Bottles seat rest aging. "I did't know you and Spell Weaver where friends before we all met." He commented.

"We weren't." Rock Crushed said, smiling a little as he tilled his head up to look at the other pony.

"Then how did you know about the last stallion who asked her out?" Fever asked, confused.

"I don't. For all I know know she still has a special somepony." Rock's smile widened. "I just bet Zach 10 bits that she would ask him before he asked her before the battle and I don't intend to lose money I don't have to."

"Well what if I tell them what your up to?"

"I'll give you 5 bits if I win."

"Its probably if she asks first... Bottle would probably just stupid anyway."

"Exactly what I was thinking." Rock nodded towered Spell Weaver. "Why not go over there and mention how romantic of a place The Bay is and how many nice places there are there to go out on a lovely walk or nice dinner at. I think Spell Weaver might find that all very interesting."

ZackMarcusDate: Saturday, 2013-02-16, 2:53 PM | Message # 139
Colonel general
Zack stood outside the restroom door sounds of sickness coming from within "Rocket you in there? if you are tell the others that we'll be arriving at the Bay city station in the morning, try to get some rest."

Weaver stood with her hooves folded under her head on the rails of the balcony at the back of the train sighing.

DuhadDate: Saturday, 2013-02-16, 9:07 PM | Message # 140
Generalissimo
Rocket looked at himself in the mirror. "OK, just hold it together... worse case, she brakes all my bones and never talks to me aging... Best case, that dose not happen. You got this one buddy!" He shoved splashed cold water on his face.

Stepping into the main compartment Bottle shouted to his assembled friends. "Get some rest ponies, we will be pulling into station in the morning, so lets get some rest!" He looked around, quickly counting heads. "Hay wheres Weaver?"

"Said she need some air." Fever explained.

"Right, well ill go tell her, the rest of you try and get some shut eye. I don't want to have to carry all of you threw all are battles!" Bottle ducked out of the car amongst a series of books and good natured insults.

Making his way to the back of the train he found himself looking back out over the night blanketed country side. A familiar red pony was there, hoofs coshing her head. Bottle Rocket felt his throat dry as he looked at his friend. He the nervousness that had been building in him over the last few days seemed to press down on him all at once. Then she sighed and all his nervousness was pushed aside as he moved up next to her and asked, "Everything alright?"

ZackMarcusDate: Monday, 2013-02-18, 1:14 PM | Message # 141
Colonel general
Music

"huh" she breaks out of a trance she was in "oh Rocket didn't hear you come out, yea everthings fine just watching the sunset" looking out Bottle sees that the sun was about to set on the tracks behind the train "romantic isn't it. you know my whole life I've never once been approached by a stallion or colt it make me wonder if I even know what love feels like" tears begin to well "something Sounder said made me think 'what if I'm reading the signals wrong'." she broke down and began to quietly sob.

DuhadDate: Monday, 2013-02-18, 11:49 PM | Message # 142
Generalissimo
{ I have no idea how to do the spoiler links so... BAME MUSIC LINK! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8cELTdtw6U}

Bottle looks over his shoulder as if hoping to see somepony else who could help him. This was so far outside his realm of experience it was scary!

Turning back he to his sobbing friend he took a tentative step foreword . "Hay... hay its ok... don't cry." Kneeling down he extended a wing over her shutter ling back. For a second he feared that she would pull away, but she simply kept crying.

After a moment Bottle lent in to her and held her tightly. "Its OK." He whispered. "I'm here for you..." He squeezed her comfortingly and rocked her gently. "I'll alwese be here for you, I promise."

After a time her crying stopped and for awhile the two stayed there, held close as the land rolled away behind them.

Eventually Spell Weaver shakily got her her hoofs. "I'm sorry." She whispered. "I didn't mean... I should't have..."

Bottle Rocket stood to meet her. She tired to look away, but he gently brought her face around to his. He smiled and shook his head.

"I meant what I said." He said, softly. "I gust should have said something sooner."

Spell Weaver nodded and turned back to the door. "I think we should get some sleep." She whispered and opened the door.

Bottle felt his hart sink before she looked back and said. "Will you walk back with me? I'd really like that."

"Anytime." Bottle grind and trotted up to her.

As the two walked down the train cars together Bottle Rocket put one wing over Spell Weavers back and the unicorn moved in to walk side by side with him.

ZackMarcusDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-19, 1:29 PM | Message # 143
Colonel general
after the two were out of sight "did you see who moved first, I missed it. hehe" to which Fever shook his head "oh well guess the bets off" Fever shot him a look "fine I'll give him the ten bits when we get back to Canterlot" Fever nodded and began to trot to the teams compartment "loyal little runt" Breaker said smiling as he too moved to the compartment.

Music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKnpouUeo-U)

after a restfull sleep the team and Nightblade's moved to Zack's private car "alright time to begin" he said from the end of a table in the middle of the car "I'll start with what we know, two of the six shadows are gone and they now have access to Ultima a personal friend of mine and one of the most powerful Eidolons second only to Bahamut the father of dragons. so I can't stress this enough DO NOT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN. Rocket I noticed you weren't using the Wingblade technic in that last fight why?"

Message edited by ZackMarcus - Tuesday, 2013-02-19, 1:32 PM

DuhadDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-19, 7:31 PM | Message # 144
Generalissimo
Bottle Rocket shrugs. "Thous wooden blades are to heavy and stiff to fly with. I can go for a bit with them on, but I loss most of my manurablity. Considering one good hit from the things we have been fighting could easy kill me, I sorta figured that not getting crushed beat out, possibly, hitting a bit harder."

ZackMarcusDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-20, 10:42 AM | Message # 145
Colonel general
"oh for love of Faust, you do realize that you don't need the wood set or even a metal set to use the Wingblade Magic" Zack facehoofed as Bottle's eyes grew wide "I'll give you a pass as most pegasi aren't used to active magic. your lucky I've read the scrolls in the lost technic wing of the Royal Archive" he clears his throat and closes his eyes as he begins to recite what he read "scroll three of Commander Hurricane's personal combat technic guide, Wingblade a powerfull skill applicable in both CQC and dive sweeps to preform this just will the mana to flow around one's wings much in the same manner as we will ourself lighter to enable flight." Zack opens his eyes and looks at Bottle Rocket expectantly.

DuhadDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-20, 8:07 PM | Message # 146
Generalissimo
"... WELL YOU COULD HAVE SAID THAT DURING TRAINING!" Bottle rocket slams a hoof into his face. "You mean this WHOLE TIME, I could have been slicing up rock monsters with my wings? I am not used to all of this! I don't know this all inherently, its all... well its all still kinda new!"

Bottle starts rubbing his face as he moans. "I could have avoided braking so many bones with that..."

ZackMarcusDate: Thursday, 2013-02-21, 12:37 PM | Message # 147
Colonel general
"you know what they say 'no pain on gain' " Breaker said cracking a wide grin as Bottle just glared at him

"enough teasing, Rocket give it a try."

DuhadDate: Thursday, 2013-02-21, 9:01 PM | Message # 148
Generalissimo
"How? What do I just... think about my wings as blades or do I just-"

"THINK FAST!" Fever Pitch blasted beat his wings, sending a seat a bag hurtling at Bottle Rocket. Cursing Bottle dove to the side, too late, thou he realized that the detection of the bag would send it right past him and straight into the face of the unprepared Spell Weaver, who had only just realized her own danger and had begun to from a protective shield.

Without thinking Bottle extended one wing and focus as hard as he could on that wing. With flash of light the bag collided with the wing and split along it, like a ball of butter hitting a length of supper heated chess wire. The lower half smashed into the ground with a thump as the top half flow high, scattering torn cloth over Spell Weaver, but missing the tip of her horn by inches.

"Basically, just do that." Fever said with a grin. "Just imagine Weaver will be in danger if you don't pull it off and you will be fine."

"I'm going to hurt you, Fever." Bottle grimiest from the floor.

Spell Weaver brushed torn fabric off her head and shoulders. "Want help?" She asked dryly.

ZackMarcusDate: Friday, 2013-02-22, 4:37 PM | Message # 149
Colonel general
The back of Fever's neck was enveloped in a silver aura pulling him into a diffrent room as Weaver tried to go into detail about Pegasi's inate wight decreasing magic and how it could be focused. "now try"

Bottle imagined wind whipping around and spiraling his wings and they began to glow. all around had smiles on their faces, he'd learned how to use Wingblade

DuhadDate: Friday, 2013-02-22, 8:14 PM | Message # 150
Generalissimo
"Wonderful.So now that I can dice things into tiny pieces, wheres Fever? KIDDING! Kidding, Zack, that was a joke, I like the kid and I am not going to beat him up." Bottle Rocket held up his hoofs as Zack shot him a look. "So... whats our plan here? Do we know where these monsters are or are we just going to take sometime to hang around town till they show up?"

Forum » Roleplay » Adventure » Training the Guard. (Royal Guard prospects beware, we will run you ragged)
Search:

Make a free website with uCoz